Aliens: Gateway Station Shuttle- research thread

The Heller GR.4 is wrong too. Little winglets at base of tail and larger winglets/canards near top of tail (like the Monogram). Probably the same as the Airfix kit, with extra sprues for different weapons load.
JT

shuttlekits.jpg

Tgreco, do you have a larger version of this photo?
JT

Tgreco, do you have a larger version of this photo?
JT

which one?

the bottom one is just the small one printed out full page
the quality is pretty much crap

the main photo of the porsche body and huey tail I do have larger, but it's wrong.... first huey I found was 1/48 scale, not the appropriate 1/24

Hey folks.
Been here for a while but, with no new registrations being taken on, had to content myself with looking but not participating.
All's changed now as you can see :)
Not just been watching, been having a go at one of these fellas meself.
Here's where i am with the front section:

P1010470.jpg

I've the rest of the Regult parts to put on here - see question below.

Had a change of plan with the rear section. Read here with dismay that the 1/24th Huey was quite a rare kit and, when they did pop up on eBay, went for quite a bit.
Not being able to justify the expense, i decided not to slavishly follow the original, more use it as a jumping off point and do a riff on it. Call it a different version if you will.
This is what i did, using a 1/72nd B-29 (different scale, same size), plumbing tube, the Airfix Tornado tail and the Wessex rear rotors:

P4020438-1.jpg

But top bloke Matt Noble had supplied me with the Regult leg halves - which of course i couldn't use.
So, changed tack, scrapped the existing rear section and i'm now going to do it properly.
Helped by the fact that i've just got the Huey at a dead cheap price - cheaper in fact than what i paid for the Panzer wagon that i bought for one tiny part.
Anyway, here you go with the first of no doubt many questions:

The rounded Regult part that joins the other Regult parts making up the gun assembly to the Porsche body - do i use just the one half circle part, or join the two together to make a proper dome shape?

Hi and welcome to the board!

I first thought that two halfs were used to form a half sphere. However, after a closer examination of Carson's really nice reference images, I came to the conclusion that only one element was used on each side. The space below the quater-sphere is occupied by a part that's glued to the bottom of the porsche. It hasn't been identified yet, but you can see a section of it sticking out behind the "turret".

Cheers,
Stefan

Hey Stefan, thanks for the info.
Next question:

Anyone have any idea just where to cut the Huey tailfrom its body?
I can roughly gauge it from looking at the photos but i'd rather be sure i'm going to get it right.
I thought it would make sense to cut along one of the vertical panel lines on the tail but, by my estimation, the original wasn't.

Anyone done it already and can help me out?

Hi and welcome to the board!

I first thought that two halfs were used to form a half sphere. However, after a closer examination of Carson's really nice reference images, I came to the conclusion that only one element was used on each side. The space below the quater-sphere is occupied by a part that's glued to the bottom of the porsche. It hasn't been identified yet, but you can see a section of it sticking out behind the "turret".

Cheers,
Stefan

I think the cut was done along the 2nd. vertical panel line in front of the slot for the horizontal stabilisator wing (you can still see some of the rivets in the picture below):
IMG_1672.jpg

If you really want to make sure, you can count the rivets ... ;)

Cheers,
Stefan

BTW do we have an ID on the Seahawk/Blackhawk kit?

And any news on the ESCI Tornado? If that's not right, I have another possibility in the post from OS. Let you know when it arrives!

Cheers, JT

I've used the Hasegawa Seahawk and I coudn't spot anything wrong with the parts. There is no copyright date on the parts, but the instructions say 1985.

As for the ESCI kit - I just got the box in and from first sight think we have a winner. I'll post some pictures as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Stefan

I was waiting for those to show up.

Nice work on the bottom. Pict is a little blurry.

Looks like I can help someone on some more Regult bits.

Here's a list of those parts I couldn't identify yet:

0000394.jpeg

Any ideas?
I think part 7 could be a cylinder of the Yamaha (parts B2 and B3). Don't know about the others...

Cheers,
Stefan

5090346.jpeg

Cheers,
Stefan

I don't know if these parts have been ID'd but the motorcycle parts looks like a 80s Yamaha 2 stroke. The exhaust part is clearly 2stroke and the gas tank profile is definitely Yamaha. I know this from my love of motorcycles not model kit bashing. :unsure

Edit: here it is: Yamaha RZV

ym50_doc-20-rzv500r.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back