Aliens: Gateway Station Shuttle- research thread

Matt,
good eye as always! The regult part is definitely a match! :)
The outer green tubes (labeled same part) in your picture are an integral part of the helicopter fuselaege (the turbine body). So these are not the same as the #5 tubes. These tubes are pretty generic parts - could be the rockets of the Tornado kit or the silencer pipes of the Yamaha.
Have to check the other parts tomorrow.

MsngPcs,
you have a good eye too! Those parts are indeed of the Tamiya RZV500R. :)
However, all the parts in that picture have already been identified. Sorry, I should have labeled it accordingly.
Are you into bike kits too? Unrelated to this, we are looking for a 1/12 Harley Davidson part. Could you have a look here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=38271&highlight=Dropship ?
It would be great if we could finally ID that kit.

Cheers,
Stefan

MsngPcs,
you have a good eye too! Those parts are indeed of the Tamiya RZV500R. :)
However, all the parts in that picture have already been identified. Sorry, I should have labeled it accordingly.
Are you into bike kits too? Unrelated to this, we are looking for a 1/12 Harley Davidson part. Could you have a look here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=38271&highlight=Dropship ?
It would be great if we could finally ID that kit.

Cheers,
Stefan

Man, and I though it was my first ID! :lol

I don't keep up with Harleys much less models of them.
Just real(not models) sport bikes, GP and racing bikes. I think Harleys are a bit of a joke and a overpriced posuer item.

Actually it was your first ID - only someone had a head start.
If you go through the thread, you'll see that we needed a lot more steps to get to the same result!.

Cheers,
Stefan

So guys, what do you make of part 3? Looks like a cylinder head cover to me.
Any ideas?

Oh, Matt I checked the Shuttle parts. That was a good idea! However, I'm not really sure about the telescope unit....

Cheers,
Stefan

Stefan, parts 3 and 4, look to be the same single part, they appear split by that cowl piece?
The shape, at least, looks 8rad chassis to my eye, but, im not sure on size scaling, as i recognise no other parts to judge buddy, sorry im not much help lol.

lee

You are thinking of this part?

8893179.jpeg

Cheers,
Stefan

Yes Stefan, im so lost on part scaling under there though buddy, so i could be wrong, but picking out the shape, just looked 8rad to me!

lee

The width is ok but I think what makes the whole thing look 8Rad are the side walls. Judging from the bottom picture, I'd say that the tail tube we see in the top pictures is actually a half tube with an open bottom. The side walls are the sides of this half tube.
One thing that still puzzles me is the fact that the rear end of the tube seems to have a larger diameter than the front (where it goes into the cutout of the Quel Quallie part). However, the bottom picture shows the side walls parallel to each other....

Cheers,
Stefan

Bugger, bugger and thrise times bugger - just used a spare 8-rad to make a ship as i felt it was criminal waste of a nifty part :lol

P6290464.jpg

The width is ok but I think what makes the whole thing look 8Rad are the side walls. Judging from the bottom picture, I'd say that the tail tube we see in the top pictures is actually a half tube with an open bottom. The side walls are the sides of this half tube.
One thing that still puzzles me is the fact that the rear end of the tube seems to have a larger diameter than the front (where it goes into the cutout of the Quel Quallie part). However, the bottom picture shows the side walls parallel to each other....

Cheers,
Stefan

Hi folks.
Finally got the Tamiya morobike kit so can move on a bit more with this build.
Would like to check though - these are all the parts i need right?:

P9240475.jpg

Which go on thus, yes? I've just crudely Blu Tac'd them on at the moment as i've still some questions.
1. Any idea yet just what the gubbins things are underneath the motorbike fairings at the front?
2. There's two "leg" shapes either side of the radiator, going down into the body. Any idea what they are? I thought there was mention here that they're from the bike kit, but there's no sign of them.
3. Any idea what that long slotted tube shape that runs across right in front of the radiator is?

P9240475nnmn.jpg

And two more queries - is this right for the gunpods in that the part that attaches to the hull is only one half of the two rounded shapes?
And any idea at all what was used to for the upper shape and gun to sit on?

P9240477kk.jpg

I still feel it could be 8rad, dont know, but, the sidewalls are trimmed away, so its just the main chassis underpan.....?

lee

Those are all the parts you need for the top. Check the following picture and you'll see there's quite some more bits used on the bottom:

Parts02.jpg
5090346.jpeg

Actually, you'll need two bike kits as you need two of the radiators and two seats!

1 - The parts that go under the fairings are also from the Yamaha kit (the black parts shown to the left in the above picture)
2 - Yep, those two parts are from the Yamaha kit too. I don't have the instruction sheet at hand but iirc those parts are located around the radiator on the bike.
3 - Haven't found that part yet. Looks like it could be a bumper from a truck or something like that. I used a small H-profile, sanded it down a bit and then filled the areas without grooves with some filler.

Oh, you'll also need the two handgrips for the guns/antennas.

Cheers,
Stefan

Last edited:
Wow, cheers - as usual Stefan!
Bummer that i'll be needing a second bike kit, but its certainly got some lovely detailed parts, both for this project and future kitbits.
Re my question (3), its bugging me that i recognise it - but don't recall from where.
Thinking its definetly SF and leaning towards Macross as its ringing a very faint, distant bell.

Those are all the parts you need for the top. Check the following picture and you'll see there's quite some more bits used on the bottom:
5090346.jpeg

Actually, you'll need two bike kits as you need two of the radiators and two seats!

1 - The parts that go under the fairings are also from the Yamaha kit (the black parts shown to the left in the above picture)
2 - Yep, those two parts are from the Yamaha kit too. I don't have the instruction sheet at hand but iirc those parts are located around the radiator on the bike.
3 - Haven't found that part yet. Looks like it could be a bumper from a truck or something like that. I used a small H-profile, sanded it down a bit and then filled the areas without grooves with some filler.

Oh, you'll also need the two handgrips for the guns/antennas.

Cheers,
Stefan

Hi again.
Another couple of questions for anyone further in this build than me:

1.This green hull part. Does this look like its about right in relation to how far its to slide under the Porsche roof? I've just eyeballed it from the pics here and it looks about right to me. But thought i'd check before glueing.

2. The rear pipe that comes out of this. Does it just slot in the gap between the green part and the underside of the Porsche, or do i have to cut the white bit back a bit? (deosn't look like it'll go in horizontal with the way it is at the moment).

Advice would be gratefully recieved.

P9290485.jpg

Wow, cheers - as usual Stefan!
Bummer that i'll be needing a second bike kit, but its certainly got some lovely detailed parts, both for this project and future kitbits.
Re my question (3), its bugging me that i recognise it - but don't recall from where.
Thinking its definetly SF and leaning towards Macross as its ringing a very faint, distant bell.

(hits snooze button on alarm clock playing Sonny and Cher's "I Got You Babe")

Did any of you fellas ever do more work on these? I loved this thread.​

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back