Alien Enviromental Suit Progress .Youtube links added last post.

Re: Alien Enviromental Suit Progress .New Kane undersuit pics/Facehugger visor 5/02/0

Thanks.

I really can't express how proud I am of my wife. She has taken this thing head on and nailed it.
Funny but she hasn't even watched the whole movie. LOL

Thank goodness she supports my Geekness. LOL

I could be out playing golf.......

Re: Alien Enviromental Suit Progress .New Kane undersuit pics/Facehugger visor 5/02/0

Awesome. Can't wait to see this in the flesh next weekend.

Thanks.

I really can't express how proud I am of my wife. She has taken this thing head on and nailed it.
Funny but she hasn't even watched the whole movie. LOL

Thank goodness she supports my Geekness. LOL

I could be out playing golf.......

Man, that suit is amazing! Beautiful craftsmanship. :thumbsup

One more speechless party here. This particular costume has always seemed to me to be unattainable. Not any more! :eek

I'm awed by the determination with which you have researched this project and the artistry with which you are now executing it. What a combination of talents you've brought to this. Magnificent! :love

Re: Alien Enviromental Suit Progress .New Kane undersuit pics full undersuit 5/10/09

she just finished the inseam detail.
S5030254.jpg

S5030255.jpg

Re: Alien Enviromental Suit Progress .New Kane undersuit pics full undersuit 5/10/09

Beautiful work! Thick material like that is hard to handle. Danita's doing a brilliant job on this... right in line with the helmet and armor parts. :love

I like that the Nostromo EVA suit was designed with a reinforced inseam. There's nothing worse than when I'm out in a toxic atmosphere or a vacuum and I squat down to lift up a xenomorph egg and the crotch of my spacesuit rips. :p

You know Tim I never thought of that!! How bad would it be to rip out your crotch seam in the vacuum of space?!!!

I can see that in a space comedy!

Richie

There have been thrilling sequences involving suits with compromised integrity in 2001, Outbreak, Outland, Sphere, the new BSG, and many, many others, but I can't seem to recall one that occurred because of a split inseam. Did anyone split the crotch of his spacesuit in Goldmember?

"In space, no one can hear your seam." :confused

I've completed my payment for the Alien helmet today! :love

Can't wait to get mine!!

I must be missing something. I see the poll for the soft suit and posts from people receiving helmets but I don't see any details on cost and availability of helmets. Can you provide info on the helmet?

Never mind, I found it early on. Sorry. I'll wait until it's all done.

Nothing short of stunning.

Bravo!

Nick

Ill have pics up from Wonderfest asap. You aint seen noth,n yet!!!

Richie

Heres a couple of the latest pics from WonderFest. If no one here has attended this Con youre missing out. Few costumers but great talent and very friendly people. I know we already plan to attend next year.

On with the pics:

11111.jpg

2222.jpg

2-3.jpg

untitled-6.jpg

One of our Favs:

4444.jpg

Richie

That is absolutely stunning - I never ever thought I'd see anyone pull off that costume, and you guys have not only pulled it off, but perfected it.
Nice one.

Re: Alien Enviromental Suit Progress .New Completed Kane suit 5/19/09

You guys should have seen Bob Burns glow at the sight of this thing. I don't think he could have said more nice things about Richie or Steve.

Congrats guys...you really deserve all the praise you get.

Gregg

Re: Alien Enviromental Suit Progress .New Completed Kane suit 5/19/09

Truly the highlight of the show.

(and it's not even finished!)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back