Advanced Potions Making

[
It's really good looking.... but would you mind enlarging it so we can actually read it?? (y)thumbsup:lol
6033963692_d062965fcc_o.jpg
W

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a cover. It's called a "casewrap hardcover." Basically the kind that is a hard cover with paper glued down all on top. So you might have a dust jacket on top of that if you wanted, but not in this case.

Your right TK8541, it does look like its paper. I'm not sure this is true, but my guess is that the paper they used is not the kind they use in modern casewrap hardcover books, I'm pretty sure that the paper is some kind of thick cotton paper.

If you do sell this book. I'm definitely going to be buying two of them. One for me and one for my friend. She's going to go banana's when she sees it! I bet it's going to be so awesome I'm definitely excited to see her reaction!

I have to say you were the reason why I even registered on this website! This book is going to be amazing. The amount of work you put into it just makes it so precious :) Can't wait to have the opportunity to get a couple of them.

I bet you could make some money if you were to allow people to pay for a digital download of a high quality printable version of this when its finished! And it wouldn't cost anything to sell it! I know I would pay a pretty penny for one. Might make up for all the time you spent making it! It's a beautiful book!

I bet you could make some money if you were to allow people to pay for a digital download of a high quality printable version of this when its finished! And it wouldn't cost anything to sell it! I know I would pay a pretty penny for one. Might make up for all the time you spent making it! It's a beautiful book!

But by having a digital version of it someone could purchase and then make it available for others to download somewhere else isn't that right? :(

This question has been asked a number of times in this thread and its been stated that a digital version is not going to happen - personally, a decision I agree with.

Regards
MARK

Here's a little something I've been working on... it's going to be a printed replica of Snape's "Advanced Potions" book from the Half-Blood Prince.

Many people make or sell replicas of it, but no one has done the complete interior... which is exactly what I am doing.

I spent the first few weeks researching and getting the screen grabs from the movie. Then I tracked down the symbols they used as well as actually found text they used in the onscreen book! (it was on an "old" alchemy website that looks like it hasn't been updated since 1995)

Because there are really only 3 or 4 pages shown in the movie I'm having to make up everything else. But I do know "key" bits of information... such as the "Draught of Living Death" potion appears on page 10.

I'll make both the "marked up" (i.e., Snape's notes) and plain/new versions of the book.

It's going to be a lot more work, I know, but when it's finished it will be something that someone could actually go through and read cover to cover and feel like they've got the real book in their hands.

Love to hear thoughts so far!

Here's the link to the PDF.

Make sure and download the PDF to see all the pages I have done so far...
do you have all the pages yet to the advanced potions book

Thank you guys :)

I really love the ecl cover; tutorial and technics are awesome but I have a very very detailed vectorial cover version and I plan to use some techniques I've learned over the years while doing grail diaries.

CharmedOne, I have really bad experiences with free props because ebay and recasting pages; same with pdf files. People who asking for purchase a copy of my work, really knows how many hours it takes to do something like this.

the good news are I am still working :)

5960107307_e89d2f548a_o.jpg
do have some where were i can see the pages better

@demiguel.m can you post the pdf to all of the pages because i really wish to do this project not just to look like the outside i also want it to look like it in the inside

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back