A little shard of the Doctor's "Blue Box" REVISITED on page 2

Pete SSS

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
For a little update on this, look at page 2

Hello everyone,

I've got a little WIP thread for you to take a look at. It's just a little project that I've been putting together over the last few evenings, as a bit of a change from the Flash Gordon Rocket Cycle I'm currrently working on during the day.

In the last series of Doctor Who, there was a mysterious piece of the Doctor's police box that was pulled from a crack in "space?" (The specifics are a little hazy and confused!)

Anyway, here's a screencap

Piece_of_the_TARDIS_from_the_Time_Crack.jpg

And here are a couple of WIP shots of the pice I've put together. Before and after a bit of blow torch action.

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

I've cut the letters by hand with a scalpel and dichlo'ed them onto the acrylic. I then sprayed the plastic part with a white primer, then made a quick mould.

I'll update soon with some pics of the mould and a first casting.

Thanks for taking a look!

Last edited:
Re: A little shard of the Doctor's "Blue Box"

Nice job! Look forward to the final pic's, Are you planning to "age" the acrylic and shade the lettering?

Great job on matching the font and sizing details.

Did you say, "blow torch action"?:lol

Gosh Darn't! You beat me to it! This was on my to-do list right after my River Squareness Gun. Great job. I hate you for all time though for being the first to do this... :lol just kidding! Looking forward to more pics!

Wow nice piece, you've somehow hit on one of the few props my wife likes. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks for all your comments guys! Here are a couple more photos, one of the mould, then a few of the first resin cast I pulled from it.

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

Looking good, but just so you know, in the screen used prop, the bottom leg of the E in "TE" isn't there. It's an easy fix to shave down for more screen accuracy.

Last edited:

Lovely bit of resin work there, Pete SSS, as well as the whole build (I especially love the letters), as I've had this on my "to do" list for a while, seeing your build has given me renewed vigor towards it.

Last edited:

I made the mistake of leaving the page open and my wife saw it now she keeps asking "will it be for sale...could you get me one?"

So here's hoping it turns into a FS thread in the JY.

Lovely bit of resin work there, eclipse, as well as the whole build (I especially love the letters), as I've had this on my "to do" list for a while, seeing your build has given me renewed vigor towards it.

*blink* I didn't build this....Pete SSS Did...but I agree :p

Looking good, but just so you know, in the screen used prop, the bottom leg of the E in "TE" isn't there. It's an easy fix to shave down for more screen accuracy.

Thanks, I fully intended to snap off that piece of the E before I moulded it, but only remembered about 3 hours too late! Ah well, like you say it's an easy enough fix!

Cheers!

Last edited:

Nice work!

If you ever intend to do a few more and paint them up, I'm sure I can try and find the rest of the TARDIS to add it to ;)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back