mgoob

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I recently found this Model 7 in my basement (!) in a box of disassembled scopes.
MPG 4x20 scopes 05.JPG

I've had the 2 Jason 4x20 scopes for years
MPG 4x20 scopes 10.JPG

(the one w/ the return address label was mine taken to the Ranch when MR researched Boba Fett. The Nikko Sterling he took didn't match up)

MPG 4x20 Jason w- Boba Fett EE-3.jpg

(I have read the exhaustive thread on TDH but still can't find what I have: Blaster - EE3 Vintage scopes and scope ring types)

When I received DEC's replica, I became confused. (black parts = from real scope as replacements)

MPG 4x20 scopes 01.JPG

His replica matches up w/ one of my Jason scopes, but not w/ the Model 7,
AND match up w/ the dimensions on the photo which were posted in '07.
ASI scope w- measurements.jpg

Model 7 has a longer ocular than the replica & Jason.
MPG 4x20 scopes 07.JPG

The objective on all 4 are the same.
MPG 4x20 scopes 11.JPG

Model 7 & Jason have a locking ring of 8mm, DEC of 9mm.
MPG 4x20 scopes 02a.JPG

Has anybody else come across this version before?

W/E caps: flat are wider than conical ones.
BUT if the flat have the correct dimensions as that of an accurate 4x20 (brand X) could just glue them in place?

ALSO: do we agree that flat W/E caps were used on: crossbow, Dr. Evazan and the SE-14 w/ conical on both EE-3s

ANY help w/ measurements or clarification would be most appreciated.

I agree about the caps, at least for Evazan.

I have been building a buttload of Frankenscopes, so I'll get back to you when I get home, I may have some matches.

1218181739a~2.jpg

Yea Godz, Dann- that's an awesome collection!

ALL those 4x15 ocular bells have the same profile as an accurate 4x20?

I have a Franken-scope on my Alien pistol, using a Nikko Sterling 4x20 for the oculus.
Don't remember what the rest is from.

intwenothor The scope you have pictured has the infinity symbol in a circle but none doesn't.
Mine must be a variation like some of the other longer 4x20s out there.

Last edited:
A handful of them are real 4x20 scopes, all the rest are chopped down 4x15 with a 4x20 objective added to the end.

I've got 2 for my bowcaster; need 1 for SE-14 & 2 for Dr. Evazan, then I'll be set.
Appreciate the info about 4x15.

On those that are real 4x20 what info can you share about the flat top caps?
Did they come on those saddles or were those swap outs from something else (glued in place?)?

Sorry I missed your last post.

All saddles and caps are where they belong. I'll get a shot for you of the two 4x20s I have with flat top caps.

Hang on...

Yea Godz, Dann- that's an awesome collection!

ALL those 4x15 ocular bells have the same profile as an accurate 4x20?

I have a Franken-scope on my Alien pistol, using a Nikko Sterling 4x20 for the oculus.
Don't remember what the rest is from.

intwenothor The scope you have pictured has the infinity symbol in a circle but none doesn't.
Mine must be a variation like some of the other longer 4x20s out there.

At the very end of the thread are two correct model 7s. The only remaining pictures are old pictures of Boba scopes used for reference at the beginning of the thread.

Here you go ..
1222181656.jpg
1222181656a.jpg
1222181657.jpg
1222181658.jpg
1222181659.jpg

I cannot guarantee that the locking rings are original to the scopes, I'd have to go back and check older photos. The only one that changed I think was the Umarex, but I could be wrong. Both scopes have circle S eye-pieces, but they're not the same length, and the saddles are in different spots.

And for some reason, the Bentley has one aluminum cap. I may have put that there, it may have only come with the one plastic cap.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back