1/72 Hoth Echo Base Hangar diorama

slowly but surely...much weathering to do...probably a week or more when I get to it

Attachments

• rearlower1.jpeg
    rearlower1.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 165
  • rearlower2.jpeg
    rearlower2.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 164
  • rearlower3.jpeg
    rearlower3.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 179
The gunbays are moulded so well. I just don't understand why Bandai chose to make the upper seam go through the middle of the wall, rather than angling them and making the join at the corner. :(

The gunbays are moulded so well. I just don't understand why Bandai chose to make the upper seam go through the middle of the wall, rather than angling them and making the join at the corner. :(

That same though crossed my mind when i did the ventral a few weeks back. and something different would have been nice for the ramp ceiling. I made a joint strip for that but I'm sure that not exactly what it's supposed to look like. maybe they figured no one would be looking that close? i guess they don't know us here at the RPF, do they (y)

That same though crossed my mind when i did the ventral a few weeks back. and something different would have been nice for the ramp ceiling. I made a joint strip for that but I'm sure that not exactly what it's supposed to look like. maybe they figured no one would be looking that close? i guess they don't know us here at the RPF, do they (y)

The ANH ceiling was easy. Totally blank. :)

Part IIb: the Boarding Ramp Sets - Millennium Falcon Notes

The ESB ceiling had the six pot lights. Both had angled boxes in the corners on the long axis.

any of you guys remember that stop-motion cartoon that was on Sunday mornings after church...Gumbie and POKIE! LOL
I spent a little time with 1500 grit wrapped around a pencil, polishing the locator holes for the mandibles. I want those to slide down snug and hold straight but still come back off easily in the even of needed repairs. I think I mentioned it before, but I'm doing the same with the upper hull. Snug fit at the very end of the contact but nothing more.

Attachments

• uppergun1.jpeg
    uppergun1.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 146
  • uppergun2.jpeg
    uppergun2.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 155
  • uppergun3.jpeg
    uppergun3.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 166
any of you guys remember that stop-motion cartoon that was on Sunday mornings after church...Gumbie and POKIE! LOL
I spent a little time with 1500 grit wrapped around a pencil, polishing the locator holes for the mandibles. I want those to slide down snug and hold straight but still come back off easily in the even of needed repairs. I think I mentioned it before, but I'm doing the same with the upper hull. Snug fit at the very end of the contact but nothing more.

Yes, I used to watch that show

Doing that to the locator pins is not a bad idea

Also, the gun well looks great

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back