1/350 Thunderbird 1 and Launch Bay

DirtyBrush

Hello all, during lockdown and now the summer holidays I've found a fair bit of time to get some model-making into my schedule, and I thought I'd start by finally building and painting this Aoshima 1/350 Thunderbird 1 and Launch Bay a couple of weeks ago.

I've always loved practical effects (as I'm sure most of you do too), and Thunderbirds and Star Wars will always be my biggest inspirations when it comes to kitbashing and model making.

I primed and preshaded the launch bay before airbrushing the main greys. Then I applied base coats on all the other areas, before hitting everything with a black/brown wash to imitate oil and water stains. I then went back in with the base coats and drybrushed to knock back some of the wash, then highlighted everything with a lighter version of the base coats.

TB1 was primed and preshaded before being painted with a bright silver, pin line wash for the panels, and a sky blue for the other areas. I drybrushed some light weathering to simulate panels, and then applied the decals.

C&C welcome!

(I recently finished Thunderbird 2, so keep an eye out for that post soon :))

Attachments

• IMG_20200722_212347.jpg
    IMG_20200722_212347.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,225
  • Thunderbird 1 Launch Bay 2.jpg
    Thunderbird 1 Launch Bay 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 947
  • Thunderbird 1 Launch Bay 3.jpg
    Thunderbird 1 Launch Bay 3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 903
  • Thunderbird 1 Launch Bay 4.jpg
    Thunderbird 1 Launch Bay 4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 680
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back