«Crimson Lord» gen.2: Maul's lightsaber from "Solo" (by Lukyanov) [absolutely NEW one]

I think that on the emitter there are several parts that are not the same.

Between the "two little claws" your emitter is actually correct as shown below:

2.png

But I think your first generation was also correct in terms of the small and large claw (as we can see in the solo movie, it's well movie acccurate.

5.png

A mix of the two generations would have been perfect. Actually I know that the first version had the wrong color (red before and black now on the bottom emitter) and the wrong size too, so it's pretty cool to have corrected that, and the alignment too it seems.

In fact the parts are different between the two "little claws" and different again between "the two little claws and the big claw".

Red ring was easily removable. And I saw sabers that was made for the movie with red rings on the 2nd emitters.
Sorry but I can't accept any critics about my new design because the source that I have leave me no chance for missing any details.
As I said before, it's a "hero" version replica. Usually "hero" sabers on studio is not FX-ready, they made FX-versions for blade scenes using the same reference as me. Three screws on FX movie sabers was added to secure the blades. Also there was also FX sabers with two screws in the claws-side emitter.
"Hero" saber has no screws in this area :p

Not for the screw, but for the thickness of the rings :p
between the large claw and the small and only this part (I preferred the model of your first generation) for the emitter

(green lines are perfect, black is the difference)as you can see on the picture (I don't care about screw xd)
53.JPG

This is not a critics, as I am trying to show comparisons to try to make it even better. ;)

Not for the screw, but for the thickness of the rings :p
between the large claw and the small and only this part (I preferred the model of your first generation) for the emitter

(green lines are perfect, black is the difference)as you can see on the picture (I don't care about screw xd)
View attachment 1515937

This is not a critics, as I am trying to show comparisons to try to make it even better. ;)
It can't be better for gen.2. I did it to perfect match the source. These promos are not the source, it is another version of this saber :) You can also see the differences between them on my gen.1/gen.2 comparison photos.

Do we know if the hero was used in the movie or any of the promo shots?
To be honest - I don't know. If you'll ever see this saber with three screws on the unclawed emitter - it is the "hero" or based on "hero". As you remember, we didn't see any closeups in the movie but maybe it will appears in the future SW projects, who knows.

It can't be better for gen.2. I did it to perfect match the source. These promos are not the source, it is another version of this saber :) You can also see the differences between them on my gen.1/gen.2 comparison photos.

To be honest - I don't know. If you'll ever see this saber with three screws on the unclawed emitter - it is the "hero" or based on "hero". As you remember, we didn't see any closeups in the movie but maybe it will appears in the future SW projects, who knows.
I understand now, I saw the comparisons, that's why it jumped out at me that you changed it compared to your first version. :)
In fact you didn't rely on the promotional pictures anymore (like the first time) I guess? So i'm curious to see the source now. :cool:

I understand now, I saw the comparisons, that's why it jumped out at me that you changed it compared to your first version. :)
In fact you didn't rely on the promotional pictures anymore (like the first time) I guess? So i'm curious to see the source now. :cool:
I can't show nothing, sorry. Try to understand :p
I made gen.2 from scratch, I didn't use any of parts or drawings from my gen.1 and also didn't use promo-photos. And almost all of technical solutions (like claws and sleeve fastenings or sound ventings) are different and better now.

Btw, both emitters on gen.1 and promos was the same but on hero they are completely different. And bladeplugs of course.

I made gen.2 from scratch, I didn't use any of parts or drawings from my gen.1 and also didn't use promo-photos. And almost all of technical solutions (like claws and sleeve fastenings or sound ventings) are different and better now.

Btw, both emitters on gen.1 and promos was the same but on hero they are completely different. And bladeplugs of course.
hmm interesting :p I understand, I was just trying to scratch the info :p .

In any case the weathering is perfect GG to Siberian Pine

Maaan I wish I could purchase this one but I’m having financial trouble, hopefully it’s still up come January, I should be in better standing at that time.

It does seem like some members aren’t satisfied with the “Hero” if they don’t have any public reference. Have you thought about doing a future run of gen2 promo sabers?

Are these still available?
Yes, fill the form. I'll contact to everyone later
Maaan I wish I could purchase this one but I’m having financial trouble, hopefully it’s still up come January, I should be in better standing at that time.

It does seem like some members aren’t satisfied with the “Hero” if they don’t have any public reference. Have you thought about doing a future run of gen2 promo sabers?
It doesn't make sense after doing a perfect saber :)

It is odd that they made a hero saber and may have not used it at all. Maybe they thought there would be more scenes with Maul.

I understand not be able to post the source photos. I can also understand people being hesitant to order something that as far as we know was never used in anything we have seen.

I have already ordered it.

Je tiens à préciser que je l'ai commandé (avec Salissure) également avant de poster ici. ;) Le travail de Denis est incroyable pour tous les sabres qu'il a pu fabriquer (Scavenger, gen 1, celui-ci aussi). J'ai même recommandé ces sabres à des amis qui les ont achetés.

Cette génération 2 de Crimson Lord est incroyable, et meilleure que la 1ère !!! Quoi qu'il en soit, et j'y suis allé. Ne soyez pas réticent.

Ce que je soulignais dans mes précédents posts n'était pas une critique, mais c'était surtout pour comprendre le processus des changements apportés (en le comparant à gen2) et maintenant je le comprends puisque Denis a répondu à ma question. En tout cas, j'ai hâte de l'avoir chez moi.(y)

Ooops i forgot to translate :p

I want to mention that I ordered it (with weathering) also before posting here ;) Denis' work is amazing for all the sabers he was able to make (Scavenger, gen 1, this one too). I even recommended these swords to friends who bought them.

This Crimson Lord gen 2 is amazing, and better than the 1st!!! Anyways, and I've been there. Don't be reluctant.

What I was pointing out in my previous posts was not a criticism, but it was mostly to understand the process of the changes made (comparing it to gen2) and now I understand it since Denis answered my question. Anyway, I can't wait to have it at home. (y)

Last edited:
I noticed these are going up for sale on KR’s website and Saberbay as well. Any updates on the forms we filled out?
We have an agreement with Khal and the best way for my customers is to send the sabers from London with DHL or Royal Mail. Safe and fast and also easier for us.
So when I'll receive the sabers for QC, I'll send the link to the new order form to TheSaberArmory to everyone who filled my form. You can choose weathering, chassis KITs or even installing service also.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back