Hi everyone.

I found out about this site when looking online about spider-man cosplays. I love all the MCU movies and am currently working on some MCU Spidey suits. I'm very new in the whole cosplaying world but man is it ever addicting.

Hi! I found this site researching Tron Legacy tutorials. I'm excited to be apart of this community. Thank you for the opportunity.

Hi :)

I found this site a while back while looking for tips on making my Mandalorian cosplay when I first started it. I've started a few other costumes as well and am always looking to improve them and hope to find great ideas here on what I can do.

Hi guys

Been watching posts on here for some time and thought it was time to join. I love anything sci-fi, fantasy and steampunk related especially a big fan of Firefly and Red Dwarf.

I enjoy building props and generally making bits and pieces. Love to use my 3D printer to build some great props but still getting the hang of it. That's about it really just wanted to say 'Hello'

PLEASE NOTE: If you do not post or visit in over a year, your account may be deleted.

Even ezboard remembered me longer buddy, chill out please.

Hello I'm IDED of IDED Online,
Big anime and gaming fan, giant nerd and not afraid to state it, being a nerd got me to where I am today and each year I try to increase my nerd powers by learning new skills like cosplay.
I registered purely to post a costume I'm working on and to thank the community here for making it possible as I have been lurking on this site for around 5-6months learning from various threads before starting my first project.

Hi folks! I'm Nyx and I'm relatively new to the whole prop game. I'm a Ph.D student in a field which is, for all intents and purposes, wholly removed from prop-making so I don't have a lot of time for pursuing artistic hobbies but I've always been interested in it. I'm especially keen on paper props and similar ephemera, as they require relatively little in the way of both storage space and budget (or, in grad student speak: "Budget? What budget? I'm surviving on caffeine, ramen, and the tears of undergrads." :) ) while still providing a sense of connection to the universe to which they belong.

Hi all, I'm Andy a Scotsman living in Thailand. 3d modeller just starting out in the world of physical modelling. This place is so inspirational, glad I finally got to join up.

Long time lurker, first time poster. :)

I've loved movies my entire life and have long admired the amazing, creative community here at the RPF.

I own two Raiders hats made for me by Steve Delk (one rabbit, one beaver), and a Don Post Boba Fett helmet that must be 20 years old at this point. In the colder months I wear a trusty pair of Alden 405 boots, but I love them for the comfort and look as much as for their connection to Indiana Jones. That's pretty much it when it comes to the props that I own. Acquisitions on my radar these days are a Tomenosuke and a high quality lightsaber hilt (most likely Luke's saber from ANH, but I'm not sure yet).

I'm not a maker myself, but I love learning about and appreciating the tools and processes others use to create amazing pieces.

Michael

**My first post**

I love watching cosplay discussion and I'm a big fan of geeks and nerd so I'm here to discuss read and learn more about cosplay and costume. By profession I'm a freelance writer and editor for several platforms (not so big). Looking forward to work something of my own.

Feels good to be the part of you all. :)

So I guess I have to introduce myself.
Hello I am Faustas other known as Styweed Ive been following cosplay for about 4 years now never actually tried it but I thought why not try it this year so here I am. My friend suggested for me to come here since I dont know much about how to work with alot of different materials so Im hoping you will accept me. Gonna be trying my first cosplay as Koro sensei from Assasination classroom. So I guess its nice to meet you all. :)

Hello! My husband and I cosplay Mandalorians.. we are the all black guys down in the south, and may have seen some of you at some of the cons.. I am interested in building a custom bucket (helmet) for myself, when I can find the time to research how to go about it. I'm a sculptor, painter, drawer of stuff.. varied and quirky at times. I guess I am most interested in the sculpting aspect, though the prop builders are fantastic. We are always in awe of the builders who show up at some of the cons, and I applaud the time and commitment and drive to produce such wonders. Just wandered in one day, after doing some research, and sat down, and stayed. Glad to be here.. hope I can help someone with my limited knowledge. Always happy to share what I know. Nice to be here!

Hello my name is Lisa. Since long i was looking for a forum and today my friend has send me its link.
It feels really good to be here. I am great fan of superheros and love to wear their inspirational costumes in comic con and other gathering.

Hello!
My name is Vee Hight and I'm a special effects makeup artist. I've worked on a few independent film projects, taken a crack at making a silicone mask and glove set, and I'm the Makeup Manager for Spookyworld in Litchfield, NH.
I've been working at haunted attractions for 10 years now and costuming for about 15.

How's it going?
Name is Chris. I'm not really new... I've lurked around on here quite a bit, I make and sell lightsaber props. I've been commissioned to paint screen accurate signs for collections, etc. as well as design various halloween and cosplay costumes. I've lurked this site a lot to get tips and tricks and better pics of props/costumes I have created.

Hello! My name is spaceman, i've been lurking and finally wanted to make an account so I can partake in the community. My favourite threads to look into are Alien, Batman and Star Wars. I'm new and not very good at making props myself but I enjoy looking at all the amazing projects and ideas here! Thanks. =)

Last edited:
Hello RPF

I've just found an overlooked message reminding me to introduce myself as a newbie to the forum. Well here I am, I live in Iver in the UK and have been a modeller since I was about 5 years old starting with a Airfix 1/76 Spitfire which soon evolved into a hobby - temporarily placed on hold for 10 years or so while nurturing the kids when they were younger before they fled the nest leaving me to return to the hobby. Sci-fi and 1/144 Civil Aviation seem to be my preferred subjects however anything Star Wars (in particular Imperial) will quickly jump the build queue in my workshop. I'm reaching the end of my first large scale resin build (a Randy Cooper Star Destroyer in 1/1500) and will soon be dividing my next build across an Anigrand Star Destroyer and a 1/96 scale Randy Cooper Sandcrawler - Hoodini !
Almost forgot to mention, I've just topped 50 but it only seems like yesterday that that massive Star Destroyer first cruised over my head on the large screen back in 1977 when at the age of 10, I got my first ever dose of what was soon to become a life changing experience.
May the Force be with you
John

Greetings Users,
I’m the MCP at Bionic Moon Labs where our robots focus on recreating props and accessories from classic science fiction. Will be writing some build threads in the near future. Hope to see some of you on The Grid.
END OF LINE.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back