Hey Everyone!

Spider-man cosplayer here. This is my first time ever getting into cosplaying so i started big with the spiderman homecoming suit. Planning on doing a bunch more costumes even some outside Spidey. I'm a prop maker, primarily working on Spiderman stuff *faceshells and lenses atm* figured the best way to learn and get better as a cosplayer since I'm very new to this is joining a great group of like minded individuals!

Hope to here from some of you soon!
Have a great day!!

Hello from Scotland.

I have always been deeply interested in props and movie art and I am self taught artist (pencil, inks and painting miniatures) which for many years I have only kind of sat on the outside of the prop community, but i have now been bitten by the bug. I have bought my first couple of props (Blade Runner blasters and Ruby's Knife from Supernatural). I can't wait to get fully immersed in these and many more projects, which you guys in a major part have inspired.

So there will no doubt be multiple questions (some of them will no doubt be obvious to those battle hardened prop builders), but I hope you'll have a bit of patience with a noob! Also any info I find that might be helpful will be repaid in kind (But you'll all be 10 jumps ahead so we'll see!)

Anyway - please to meet you all - Hope to show you some of my prop painting soon and hopefully some original builds a bit further down the line :)

BGB1983 (Alan)

Hello!

My name is Tom from Canada, I enjoy building EVA foam suits of armor. I joined this place because I want to get into vaccu forming and 3d printing, and other things im not familiar with. Ive used this website a little bit but as I got into more advanced building techniques I needed to ask some questions, so I turned here.

Completed Projects:
Clone scout trooper
Shoretrooper
Odst Armor
Batman Tactical Armor

I really enjoy star wars armor, so thats what I would like to get into. My next project (hopefully vaccu formed or resin casted) will be either a First Order TIE pilot or a normal TIE pilot.

Good afternoon everyone,
I'm actually relatively new to prop making, costumes and collectables .
However I've dabbled in model making and I do leather working as hobby. I'm actually pretty good.
I love Star Wars, Dr. Who, Punisher, Ghost Rider and other Sci-fi. I've been a fan of sci-fi since I was a kid.
I'm thinking about making a Darth Bane and Mandolorian cosplay.
I've also following Adam Savage for years.
Thank you for giving me a chance to learn and hopefully help others too.

Hi Guys, I'm Matt originally from Wales but now living in sunny Australia with my wife and two boys. I have always loved everything SciFi, StarWars, Marvel & DC. I normally get creative with Acrylic paints and Canvas but have recent ventured into 3D printing. As I type this my Anet A8 printer is buzzing away with my first replical prop project - Officer K's Blade Runner Blaster . I hope to post as this project advances and I am sure that I'll learn a hell of a lot along the way.

Matt

Hello all, I am new to prop making and doing anything like this is general but came across this group by accident doing Darth Maul costume research. Can’t wait to really get into it.

Hello RPF. In the professional world I'm a designer (UX, UI, Product) and in my free time I'm a gamer and film lover. Finally joined after hearing about this place from Tested on Youtube for the past few years. I'm here to try to hunt down a bottle of the Johnnie Walker x Blade Runner Directors Cut whiskey, but also to see what everyones working on from some my favourite films; Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell (1995), Jurassic Park, Alien and Jaws. Hopefully I'll be starting on my first replica prop projects soon, it's already been an inspiring first few hours!

Hi, thanks for the add!

I'm new to cosplay, just started for the Disneyland Halloween Party 2015, looking for a character that suits my age and appearance (old guys with glasses and grey beards!)

I went with Dr Henry Walton Jones Senior, and had such a great response that throughout 2016 I attended quite a few Cons.

Now I've branched out into other characters.

Here's my recent cosplay, Allan Quatermain

xIvfq8p.jpg

And my original cosplay, Dr Jones Sr

7PSO2Kf.jpg

Last edited:
Hi I'm Caboose.

I've been interested in movie props for a while now but never had the means of acquiring any. I don't have much of a collection right now but I'm looking to start. One of my favourite props is the Blade Runner blaster and I've already put money towards getting a tomensuke version. I didn't want to have the fuss of building it myself and didn't like the oversized nature of the sidkit. I'm hoping to add a replica of Indiana Jones' gun from Raiders to my collection next.

I'm mainly interested in firearm replicas but I also like to collection little bits from movies and games I like. I have a copy of the spinning top from Inception as well as a replica of the necklace Geralt wears in The Witcher games.

I'm hoping to learn more about prop making and expanding my collection!

Hello!

The auto-welcome told me to introduce myself. So here I am. New user, long time lurker, owner of way too many costumes (Star Trek, mostly) and terrible painter.

Figured I'd lurked long enough to actually register, particularly as I need motivation to actually make things instead of just relying on sewing everything

Hello there!

I've been to a few Cons over the years but never cosplayed. Made some friends recently that are into so now I have someone to do it with! So currently testing the waters with my abilities by attempting to make a Zoom mask. Also in the process of designing a Spider Gwen suit, but a male version because I like the look of the hood so much.

Hello all, I'm Cal!

I've cosplayed on and off since 2010. Now that I've got an actual source of income, I'm getting a bit more serious and stumbled upon here by lucky chance. I'm in the process of an Arkham Knight build (the Knight, not Batman), voice mod and all. Any advice at all would be appreciated.

Thanks for the welcome!

Hi folks!

I'm Mark. I make wookiees and other space things.

I usually hang out on the FB group. I just realized that the email I used to register here years ago isn't valid any longer, so I can't recover my old password. I hope this new account is OK since my old one has been idle for probably around a decade...

Looking forward to sharing and learning here! Thanks!

Hello everyone my name is Mike I’m somewhat new here, I’m a fan of many things from Godzilla, Aliens, Predator, DC, Marvel, the list goes on. I was recommended by a member to join and he has shown me all you can do on here and I can’t wait to get started.

Hey everyone, I'm Dan. I reside in Toronto Ontario.
Star Wars aficionado. Blade Runner fan and all around fan of props and costumes to which I rock a Boba Fett for the 501st, and wish to do a Shore Trooper soon as well.

Hello!

I have been a lurker on this site for years, I've gotten some excellent advice on builds but never sent back into the internet! A lot of the stuff that I have made hasn't been a replica and therefore I haven't known where to post it. But I now have a couple pieces I'd like to talk about. I'm also gearing up to start working for commission and I want to use this space to find work. So I really want to learn the rules of this forum and become a part of the community.

My current knowledge of prop and model making is a quite board and lacking depth a little but I'd say I have the most knowledge of creating mechanical props. I studied 3 years at the University of Bolton in Special Effects for Film and TV so I've had the time to hone one area of my craft to a decent standard.

I look forward to hearing from people and deepening my understanding of this beautiful community.

Re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hi all looking for ideas on Han Solo in carbonite

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all looking for ideas on Han Solo in carbonite

Thanks
John

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back