Is Disney/LFL incapable of making anything new?

Disney/Lfl...They are doing what they want to do. Its as simple as that. Agree or disagree, love or hate. What's happening is what's happening, History taking course. They are doing what they want.

Disney/Lfl...They are doing what they want to do. Its as simple as that. Agree or disagree, love or hate. What's happening is what's happening, History taking course. They are doing what they want.

Absolutely correct. It`s one of the many great advantages of living in the free world. We are truly blessed.

Right alongside that privilege however is the right to criticize Disney and LFL`s right to do whatever they want if we feel compelled to do so. Many. many different people have exercised that particular right to do so here and that can only be good for all at the end of the day.

its sad how society has degenerated now you cant bring fake weapons to cons, everyone at a con is looking to get their feelings hurt, movies have to represent every race/gender instead of writing a good movie, imagine the ROTJ now and the great Slave Leia costume, although I remember the bitching and moaning that created Lando and now notice every science fiction movie kills an asian pilot, BSG-Chuckles, ROTJ and TLJ

I haven't read this entire thread, so I don't know if it's been brought up, but all of you do realize the foundation of the Disney empire (no pun intended) is built on public domain stories, right? Beyond that, Star Wars is a retelling of classic mythology and the Indy films are a tribute to 40's serials, so... "Is Disney/LFL incapable of making anything new?" is a bit of a loaded question.

I haven't read this entire thread, so I don't know if it's been brought up, but all of you do realize the foundation of the Disney empire (no pun intended) is built on public domain stories, right? Beyond that, Star Wars is a retelling of classic mythology and the Indy films are a tribute to 40's serials, so... "Is Disney/LFL incapable of making anything new?" is a bit of a loaded question.

George Lucas, although drawing inspiration from a variety of sources managed to create six different Star Wars stories/movies. The two new Star Wars movies are basically just a slightly tweaked version of George`s first two stories/movies. Nothing even slightly loaded about the question.

To answer the question.

Yes Disney, is absolutely capable, of making something new. Like buying The Weather Channel, and turning it into The Cartoon Network. Same channel, same MHz, same reception, just different program.:lol

Nice! I'd like to do it, but I'd wanna send in cash. I don't do Paypal, nor do I like using CCs online. Can I mail cash to @Vivek, or @Art Andrews or somebody?

Not our preferred method of payment, but money is money and we will take it in most forms (no bitcoin ;)). Sending PM.

Don't send your money to Art - he'll just spend it on props or something.
Send it to me - I need beer.

Well, this writer had me until he lauded Rogue One. While not nearly the steaming pile of schit TFA and TLJ are, it still sucks--in spite of a few great parts (Tarkin, Vader's killing spree, and the ANH-BOY pilot footage).

The Wook

I have to say I kinda enjoyed R1. Sure, it had some flaws but it had the feel of the OT about it and I`ve been a big fan of Ben Mendelsohn for a long time. When you compare his take on a Star Wars villian to that of the ridiculous Hux and what that poor actor has to deal with its pretty cool. If Solo has any chance of being a success, it will have to exploit that OT feel by a factor of 10. If Disney know about anything. its exploitation.;)

I have to say I kinda enjoyed R1. Sure, it had some flaws but it had the feel of the OT about it and I`ve been a big fan of Ben Mendelsohn for a long time. When you compare his take on a Star Wars villian to that of the ridiculous Hux and what that poor actor has to deal with its pretty cool. If Solo has any chance of being a success, it will have to exploit that OT feel by a factor of 10. If Disney know about anything. its exploitation.;)
I think there was a lot for me to love in R1 also. K2-SO was a hoot. Even though the Tarkin thing didn't totally work, it was a daring move. The Vader ending was great. I liked Chirrut showing us how the loss of Force users was being lamented, and the longing for their return.

Overall, for me, it fit much better in George's universe than 7 and 8 have.

I think there was a lot for me to love in R1 also. K2-SO was a hoot. Even though the Tarkin thing didn't totally work, it was a daring move. The Vader ending was great. I liked Chirrut showing us how the loss of Force users was being lamented, and the longing for their return.

Overall, for me, it fit much better in George's universe than 7 and 8 have.

Yes, K2-SO was terrific, I forgot to mention him. He was, however, the only good guy I gave a damn about. The only death I mourned.

And sure, if we ask the question, which of the Disney films best fits George's universe, the answer is unequivocally, "Rogue One". But the other two Disney films are so egregiously bad and offensive, that's not really saying much. And there was SO much wrong and bad and low-SWIQ in Rogue One, that I have a hard time lauding the few things in it which do deserve praise, without an accompanying feeling of nausea, over what could have been a truly great Star Wars film.

The Wook

Yes, K2-SO was terrific, I forgot to mention him. He was, however, the only good guy I gave a damn about. The only death I mourned.

And sure, if we ask the question, which of the Disney films best fits George's universe, the answer is unequivocally, "Rogue One". But the other two Disney films are so egregiously bad and offensive, that's not really saying much. And there was SO much wrong and bad and low-SWIQ in Rogue One, that I have a hard time lauding the few things in it which do deserve praise, without an accompanying feeling of nausea, over what could have been a truly great Star Wars film.

The Wook

I will never argue against SWIQ. I think its safe to say though that R1 is the closest thing we are going to get in terms of capturing the true spirit that Disney has so poorly interpreted so far.

While R1 was nowhere near perfect, it was a better movie than 7 and I assume 8 since I haven't seen it, but it was also better than the prequels.

I also loved R1. Jyn is probably my favorite of all the new SW characters... Which is ironic, since she exists in a pre-old SW time line.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back