Interest Bookie Blasters Bronze Cast Webley No 1 MK 1 - ROTJ version now available!

Dave the Bookie

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
had been mentioning in my ESB sale thread that I was working to attempt to get an aluminum front barrel made in order to offer an all metal version of the ROTJ EE-3. Well, after around a year an a half of searching for a machinist to assist with the front barrel I finally found someone that was willing to take on the project! Wanting this to be a sure thing before I started to offer this up or take deposits in order to be as perfect as possible before offering it up.

Pain staking research went into creating this machined aluminum barrel to attempt to replicate the dimensions and feel of the screen used piece. Compared current resin version of this with the MR ROTJ EE-3 to attempt to get the best size and fit.

The barrel is machined in 5 separate pieces - long main barrel, the short ribbed piece that connects to the Webley, the front tip, and the 2 side "wings". The main part of the barrel is threaded for the connection of the 3 primary pieces and the "wings" will be epoxied into channels for maximum strength and durability. The pictures below are of the initial production sample, so there are few minor nicks/dings that were not worked out - still a beautiful piece, but the final production piece will be flawless.

The base for the full blaster that I will be offering is the same Webley flare gun castings that I make for my ESB version - low serial number of 3087 - all matching parts on the original flare gun. The castings are accomplished via the cire perdue or lost-wax casting process. The gun in cast in 3 parts - barrel, handle/trigger/d-bracket assembly, and barrel release - so that the gun has the functionality of opening with the spring loaded barrel release. Each raw bronze cast is then prepared and sand blasted to get as close to the original Webley finish as possible. For the ROTJ version, the front barrel will be cut in the wax casting phase leaving approximately 1.75" for the front barrel to connect to. The first examples of that are being made currently - hope to have pictures within the next 4-6 weeks. The stock will be made from a pine or other wood since the intent is to paint over it - no need to use expensive walnut.
smile.png

I plan on offering the aluminum barrel in three different "packages":

Aluminum barrel by itself - includes all of the pieces mentioned above ready to add to your resin or other blaster base - $180 plus shipping.

Aluminum barrel and ROTJ version bronze cast Webley with wood stock - $750 plus shipping (around $30 within the US, $80 - 100 international).

Fully completed ROTJ EE-3 with all parts (Sidewinder's ROTJ parts with metal scope rings and metal scope tube), hard/durable t-track, wood stock (Woodman) and assembled and painted by me - $1100 plus shipping.

The quality of these is what I believe is the closest thing to an original at about half to one third of the price of an original Webley. Not looking to make a lot off of this, just recoup my project costs.

Without further adieu, here are pictures of the machined aluminum barrel.

Currently I am 1-2 months out on the machined aluminum barrel by itself and around 2-3 months out on the fully completed EE-3 or barrel/bronze Webley. You can secure your place in line by sending a deposit via paypal to davebookie@msn.com. Full payment on the barrel alone and then we can figure out shipping costs once they arrive, $200 for the other versions and then you can make payments or the full balance due prior to shipping. PM me or post here if you are interested.

Of course, I am still offering the ESB version as well as detailed in my other sale thread:

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=256163&highlight=bookie+blasters

Attachments

• ROTJ Aluminum Barrel.JPG
    ROTJ Aluminum Barrel.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 215
  • ROTJ Aluminum Barrel 2.JPG
    ROTJ Aluminum Barrel 2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 224
  • ROTJ Aluminum Barrel 3.JPG
    ROTJ Aluminum Barrel 3.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 190
  • ROTJ Aluminum Barrel 4.JPG
    ROTJ Aluminum Barrel 4.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 179
Last edited:
If no-one else joins this run I will take the prototype off your hands. :thumbsup :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave, gorgeous work on your ESB version!! I have been thinking about your ROTJ full build ever since I saw this post, I am working out how I can pay for this haha.

I want this barrel, but I'm slightly on the broke side.... I might be able to make this happen though.

Could you give me the inside diameter for the side of the barrel that connects to the Webley? I just want to make sure that I would fit my casting that I already have.

Awesome! So I've got some time to save up.

Another question: How much is shipping for just the barrel within the US?

This will be an open ended run. Still a couple of months from having a fully finished prototype. Will be taking preorders now and orders/complete ones when they are r at.

Thanks,
Dave

The size of the front hole might look large due to the bare metal at this point without the t-track. I sized the front based upon pictures such as these. Some slight artistic liberties have to made as well due to the machining process. My objective was to make it look it's best while matching as close as possible to the ROTJ prop.

thanks,
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_3600.JPG
    IMG_3600.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_3601.JPG
    IMG_3601.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_3602.JPG
    IMG_3602.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 155
Barrels are finishing up production and should be shipping soon. Should have them in hand within the next couple of weeks. About 4 weeks out on the bronze Webley piece for the full version of the blaster.

Thanks,
Dave

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back