Harry Potter Quidditch Trunk Replica

This looks amazing! Your attention to detail is absolutely superb.

Sorry to hear about your fingers, I had a close call with a chisel the other day and chanted aloud to myself to be more careful. Tools are not always my friends.

Your quidditch box is fantastic - I had the exact same idea - couldn't find one anywhere to buy so decided to have a go at my own - though I'm cheating a bit and using my husband's old trunk that he had at boarding school. Mine is still a work in progress but you've inspired me to get back to it and get it finished!! Great work ps - hope the injury is feeling better.

This looks amazing! Your attention to detail is absolutely superb.

Sorry to hear about your fingers, I had a close call with a chisel the other day and chanted aloud to myself to be more careful. Tools are not always my friends.

Thank you so much! It was a true labour of love!

Sent from my office where all the magic happens!

Your quidditch box is fantastic - I had the exact same idea - couldn't find one anywhere to buy so decided to have a go at my own - though I'm cheating a bit and using my husband's old trunk that he had at boarding school. Mine is still a work in progress but you've inspired me to get back to it and get it finished!! Great work ps - hope the injury is feeling better.

I am flattered! Thank you for your wonderful comments. I wish you all the best with yours. I made mine for my daughter (aka the biggest HP fan ever, lol). My fingers has completely healed, I was extremely lucky!

Great job. Good inspiration for others that are interested in making one! Thanks for sharing!

It is my pleasure to share with a community who appreciates dedication to detail and share similar love for a movie or series of movies!

What did your dimensions end up being on the quidditch trunk?

My dimensions were all educated guesses based upon the trunk in the window of the shop in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Orlando Florida. I didn't record any dimensions, I made my estimations and measurements as I worked on each step. The trunk is with my daughter and Its no longer in my home to check. I'll ask her if she can take measurements so I can pass them along.

Last edited:
My dimensions were all educated guesses based upon the trunk in the window of the shop in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Orlando Florida. I didn't record any dimensions, I made my estimations and measurements as I worked on each step. The trunk is with my daughter and I and longer in my home to check. I'll ask her if she can take measurements so I can pass them along.

That would be great. I'm getting ready to start on my own and any help getting the dimensions would be awesome.

You should try putting in a secret compartment where the books fit. This thing is really amazing

Thank you for saying that!! The flat board with the holes for the balls is removable and you can store books and other things inside.

How did you make the Quaffle. I want a genuine leather quaffle and am thinking through how to make the dimples and what not.

Hi,
Just wondering if you did ever get those dimensions, it would be a great help as I'm going to make one of these for my technology project. Thanks very Much, would be great full if you could send me the dimensions.

Not hijacking, but I finally started my chest. I have a goal of finishing by march 4. My chest is scaled off the Wizarding World Universal Studios Quaffle and 5 inch bludgers.
63f3fa190d4b2d07f1ac032b871caf2f.jpg

Last edited:
amazing work! I wish I had the skill to make one myself- would definitely commission one someday if someone would be interested in making another!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back