Harry Potter Quidditch Trunk Replica

Thank you Arwyniel! Today was more paint detailing. As noted in the video I'm adding...https://vimeo.com/151113624
f49d1a7963ed18534724957a0921a3a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you hopefulhp! The final steps with paint detailing will be completed later today.

Table saw cut 3/4 of the way through my index finger tip (half way down the nail) on my left hand, cutting the bone and disintegrating the tip of it... 3 months healing time but I get to keep the tip... So lucky, could've been so much worse... I've never made such a stupid mistake and I've been doing this kind of stuff for more than 30 years... The blade also cut through the the nail on the middle finger as well, but that has completely healed and left no mark whatsoever.

I used a push stick and turned off the saw... Having removed the safety guard for a precision cut with my new table saw (wearing ear protection), having turned off the saw, the noise disappeared and somehow when I reached for the cut board, the saw threw my hand back to me after cutting through my finger, turning the tip of the bone to dust (as noted by my plastic surgeon. Yes, it was a stupid mistake, but posting it was intended to tell people that even savy woodworkers can make a mistake. Take it for what you will

Last edited:
Oh Man, that is a battle wound that won't soon be forgotten! What an awful thing to happen out of such a wonderful project! :eek :(

It is a good warning flag for all of you that use power tools to remember how dangerous they really are. Even experience can not predict a harsh accident.

Anyway, I sure hope you heal up quickly.

Having been on the receiving end of such comments, while it certainly could have been much worse, it would have been nice to have avoided it altogether. glad you can still count to ten on your fingers.

That said, your work is wonderful. I'm sure your Hogwarts daughter is thrilled.

David

Table saw cut 3/4 of the way through my index finger tip (half way down the nail) on my left hand, cutting the bone and disintegrating the tip of it... 3 months healing time but I get to keep the tip... So lucky, could've been so much worse... I've never made such a stupid mistake and I've been doing this kind of stuff for more than 30 years... The blade also cut through the the nail on the middle finger as well, but that has completely healed and left no mark whatsoever.

Dude, I did something very similar last year to my thumb. Still not sure how I did it.

Get well soon!
Brian

No stump, tip was seen back down and is healing well. Thank you to everyone. I worked very hard on it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back