Making the ears (foam + fake leather) :
08 - Ears 1.jpg

This is strating to get interesting :) :
09 - Ears 2.jpg

09 - Ears 1.jpg

09 - Ears 3.jpg

New update : Join the back (but I have to sew this part to secure it) :
View attachment 561304
cavx : Its is an iside view. I've glue the 2 foam parts together and I'm going to secure it from the outside by sewing it. I don't know yet how but I have to find out a way to make it :/

It is really challenging for me to find a solution on everything as it is my first try ^^ and hand sewing is sooooo long so I have to do things right or I'll have to re-do everything -_-
Like the ears, I had to make it 2 times before making them the right way (and I also need to find out how to attach them :/)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, these shoes can look simple but if you want them done right, it is really hard to make them all by hand !
I'm thinking about making a visible seam on this part as the're black, the thread isn't really noticeable... Yeah, "the lazy way" is getting me :D

You are supposed to sew that first, then turn the upper inside out.

I needed to use closer spaces stitching, but you get the idea.

attachment.php

The cuff gets sewn to the liner and why that seam is not visible from the outside of the shoe.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150725_223908.jpg
    20150725_223908.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 808
  • 20150725_225101.jpg
    20150725_225101.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 813
New improvement on the back :ninja

Sewed this :
10 - Back Velcro 1.jpg

For this to be possible :devil :
10 - Back Velcro 2.jpg

EDIT for @cavx : I get it, but I made my foam attachement too soon so I couldn't make this kind of seam
as I've glued the fabric too soon on my structure -_-

It is trial and errors so It can't be that messy the next time.

About the cuff :
I didn't know that there was a liner in the MAGs...
Is it a removeable one or is if fixed (I guess it is fixed) ?
I guess it is a thin liner. (or it is simply the inner fabric maybe... So I sould have attach the cuffs before sewing the inner to the outter fabric)

Last edited:
If you look at those patterns, you will see the liner. The cuff attaches to that and there is a small collar parts that joins the cuff to the collar.

Ok, I'll check if they have something grey at my local fabric store.
By the way, I've used spandex for the black ones but I don't remember other colors on the shelves :-/

@Jedifyfe : Did you have my Message about the your yellow Mags ?

From memory, Nike stated had they had the fabric custom made after they could not find a match from fabric supplies.

I am nearly 100% sure that the fabric is a Jumbo Weave Spandex. When I say Spandex, I don't mean the shiny slick material. Jumbo Weave Spandex has a chainlink type weave. See the comparison here:

Shoe Fabric:

IMG_7783.JPG

Jumbo Weave Spandex:

mccoy_jumbospandex_navy_matte (1).jpg

I think I've read something from him about this and that's why I was thinking about the accoustic fabric :rolleyes
cloneprops : any informations ?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back