Kylo Ren Hasbro Force FX Lightsaber

I'd explain how I feel about it, but I think Hercules sums it up pretty well...

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah that emitter on top is huge, and how the hell did the screw up not making the top 3rd wider than the main grip? Also why is the pommel thingy on the bottom not red, as we've seen in all other versions?

Last edited:
The hilt almost looks plastic. I'm guessing it's just the bad paint job, but if they switched from metal to plastic for these I'd be hard pressed to pay more than $80 for one.. Definitely not $200.

For $200, that entire hilt better be metal. With the Target coupon in this weeks flyer, it comes down to $175.

It's supposed to be metal and very heavy.

Is it the lure of the dark side that I think buying 2 of these and flipping one on fleabay is a pretty good way to spend a Thurs. night/Fri. morning?

The crappy paint job really makes it look like plastic! seems like very little effort was put into it....I guess not a huge surprise considering it's Hasbro.

I don't think the paint job looks too awful. We've hardly seen the hero saber! I'm betting the one we all saw at Celebration was a stunt.

A guy in Cali has 7 of them and is selling them on fleabay for $300 if anyone is interested :lol

Search for:

Star Wars Kylo Ren Black Series Force FX Jedi Lightsaber The Force Awakens VIII

Ugh, I was planning on picking this up at midnight, Friday. After seeing how inaccurate it's proportions are, I think that I'll just put those funds towards a Kylo Helmet.

It has different details than the prop we saw on display at celebration... could there be diferent designed sabers for the movie?

Was anyone really expecting a perfect replica here? Now I dropped out of the Force FX line long before Hasbro took over, but the earlier ones that I had (Luke ESB, Luke RoTJ, Maul and Yoda) were all pretty oversized (admittedly, not too sure how inaccurate the Maul and Yoda ones were). Did hasbro really make the later ones that much more accurate?

Their removable blade ANH Luke saber is really good in proportion, just a bit thicker than a real graflex, and I believe their ANH Vader was almost an exact size match to an MPP as well.

Man... when it comes to this saber, it's kind of crazy that it has the same proportions as the Rubies version. Maybe thats what the Hero saber really looks like?? (trying to be optimistic)

kylo_ren_lightsaber_repaint_by_ajb3art-d97wltp.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm not particularly disappointed in the proportions. Just look at the neck of an Obi-Wan and Jedi Luke FX. I assumed going in that there was no way the emitters would be as small as the real deal and fit a blade, at least not in any licensed product like this. The big thing for me is that the greeblies and details are so different from what we've seen before. Like the bits around the pommel definitely aren't what the celebration model. Admittedly, that one looked like a sort of rough casting, so maybe some details didn't come through, but the pieces inside the gash on the top are totally different. Both rubies and the Force FX have a sort of grille on the right, but display one had the vent looking thing on the left and a sort of double piston on the right... I don't really know what to make of that.

On a more positive note, I'm glad they have the right sounds and separate blade ignition. Make me hope there's a good Kylo soundboard I can pull out of the Hasbro electronic lightsaber for a relatively cheap custom.

I too understand the emitter being fat, but the rest of the grip? They made their ANH Luke almost as thin as a real graflex, there's no need for that to be as fat as it is. Regardless, I'll probably still end up getting it because I'm a sucker.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back