Movie Deadpool costume!!

Obviously this isn't Deadpool. Wish I had better pics but the weathering was completed using an airbrush and powder from Hobby Lobby used on model train layouts. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437258124.491080.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1437258144.934478.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1437258171.443047.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1437258185.566924.jpg

Man I wish. No I'm like 11th or 12th on the waiting list to order a face shield. Samples should be in soon then I'll start to see if I cant treat them to make them look more leathery.

I wish I was in a place that I could just take it somewhere to airbrush, or just knew how to do it myself. I'm overseas on a military base, and this country might as well be on another planet. There isn't much in the way of variety or quality around here. It's very much a third world country. I may just end up going with powder or trying the "overspray" technique. I tried messing around with some tempera paint last night, but I was trying it out on cotton which is nothing like cordura so it just ended up looking like crap.

More research it is.Thanks!

I'm not sure if you're aware, but I've been researching the gloves. I'm going to try to explain it the best I can. So the gloves appear to be a textured gray-ish glove and the bottom quarter (just below where the thumb connects to the palm) is red. I appears that he's also wearing a pair of fingerless gloves over these black/gray gloves, but after inspecting hundreds of pictures I realized it's not. The palm is all glove. That rubber fingerless glove is only on the backside. I didn't know if you already knew this, so I wanted to share my discovery. Here's a picture that explains it better than my words can.

Attachments

• ryan-reynolds-shoots-deadpool-after-hit-run-accident-social.jpg
    ryan-reynolds-shoots-deadpool-after-hit-run-accident-social.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 325
I tweeted to Ryan Reynolds last week and confirmed the material for the costume!!

Attachments

• Deadpool Nipple Costume.jpg
    Deadpool Nipple Costume.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 433
[Update] Alright Lads (and ladies if you're out there?) I got my swatches in. So yesterday I checked my mail and found a sample I didn't bother to post it because I took one look at it and laughed. Let's just say if I was making a gay figure skating Deadpool this would have been the right fabric and leave it at that... I got the mail today and received the other three (Images to follow). One is clearly wrong, It''s basically fishnet (Drag queenpool?) the other is a stretch denim that on the site looked good. In person looks all wrong. The last... well... I'll let you guys be the judge.
Red 3.jpg See-through Drag QueenPool fabric....
Red 2.jpg Red Denim. Would be cool for a pair of pants if it wasn't stretch.

Now... Drum Roll please?
Red 1.jpg I'm gonna just call this one "Game...Set... Match."

[Update] Alright Lads (and ladies if you're out there?) I got my swatches in. So yesterday I checked my mail and found a sample I didn't bother to post it because I took one look at it and laughed. Let's just say if I was making a gay figure skating Deadpool this would have been the right fabric and leave it at that... I got the mail today and received the other three (Images to follow). One is clearly wrong, It''s basically fishnet (Drag queenpool?) the other is a stretch denim that on the site looked good. In person looks all wrong. The last... well... I'll let you guys be the judge.
View attachment 503932 See-through Drag QueenPool fabric....
View attachment 503933 Red Denim. Would be cool for a pair of pants if it wasn't stretch.

Now... Drum Roll please?
View attachment 503934 I'm gonna just call this one "Game...Set... Match."

Definitely the last swatch. What fabric is that and where did you purchase from?

It's called Kaufman Bisou stretch pique red. It's on fabric.com The only problem is that it's a two way stretch so I'm going to have to be careful when I get to cutting.

Yeah u posted this, I just didn't remember if u made a final decision on it. So are you going to order more fabric soon and start the suit?

So that's kind of up in the air right now. I'll probably order a yard or so of each and work on a part of it to see how it looks. As far as when this will actually be done is hard to say. Currently my financial future is up in the air so I'm trying to kill a lot of my debt as quickly as I can. I probably wont be able to place an order for fabric until later new month. It's hard to know when for sure but I do still intend to buy the buckle and mask shell so those will be bought as soon as I'm contacted and I will work on other stuff such as the belt itself and other accessories

image.jpgDont know if any of you saw these but i think they give a nice, slightly different angle on the suit. And i didnt get a close look, but at least mask material, maybe its just the lighting, to me looks like the amazing spidey 2 suit, with its slight reflectiveness and dark red. Hope it helps!

Hey thanks for the post BlueSteel yea I saw this a while back. It's a really cool different look on Deadpool since a lot of people only know about the modern deadpool. I'm really excited to see them do the Deadpool I grew up with. Deadpool in one of his very early comics takes a job to destroy a guys science research center in the arctic and when he does it the scientist calls him an idiot because when the reactor blows it'll give a **** ton of people cancer and the way to shut it down is to get inside it and drain it with a vent or something. So Wade being the true hero he is jumped in and damn near dissolved in order to save a **** ton of people. So it's cool that that side of Deadpool is being seen.

[UPDATE] So these are some pieces of gear I found.
Belt.PNGKnife.PNGLeg Holster mount.PNG
The belt needs a few modifications but the color is right, The knife is waaay to expensive but a close match. Probably just going to make a wood/foam prop version. The leg holster mounts look to be spot on to me minus a few modifications.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back