Movie Deadpool costume!!

So the research that I've done has lead me to try a clear plastic plus this stuff called "expanded vinyl" It's the stuff they put on the widows of buses that you can see out of but not into. I figured I'd try some white of that if I can figure out where to get my hands on it. If that ends up not working I'll do more searching and let you all know what I find. Still waiting on Black Kaos for my number to be called to buy his face shield. Once I get that I intend to work the mask ASAP

This stuff? http://www.eastsign.com/load.php?link_id=70390

Nice! if he does show us what you end up with. Like I said I'm on hold waiting in line for my face-shield from BlackKaos so once i get that I can get to work.

Alright, turns out he did more mannequins and displays than actual glass stenciling or anything in that area, but he came up with this: http://www.contravision.com/all-products/non-perforated-window-film/

Apparently it's really tough to find non-perforated, one sided film since these things are generally used on designs large enough that, when viewed from any significant distance, the perforations are barely visible. Perforated film, for those who are unaware, also comes in various visibility rating anywhere from 50-50 (perforation diameter and space btw perforations in equal) all the way to 80-20 (20% visibility).

This stuff, on the other hand, has no perforations, but as a result it takes a bit more finesse to get the desired transparency/translucency. Looking at the site, Contravision makes two types of non-perforated film, but I don't know which would be better for the lenses. This quote is interesting however:

• opportunity to intersperse areas of see-through graphics with printed areas of “solid” graphics, e.g. to include a QR code, barcode, logo or detailed lettering on part of an advertising sign (Contra Vision® Impress™ only)

So maybe the best solution, if it isn't too visible, would be to actually print in a dot pattern of solid and see-through white to create the illusion of a solid white lens. Otherwise, perhaps there's a balance between transparency and visibility that could be struck. I also don't know how feasible it is to actually acquire and print on this stuff. But right now it's looking like a decent bet

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've been reading about the boots, and the reviews are awful. Mostly complaints about the zipper being very weak and breaking because it's a composite material and not metal, the eyelets popping out because they are plastic too, and a lot of people had heel problems.

is that third fabric 4-way stretch though? and is this the same fabric you got? the color looks different from your pics, but still good! https://www.fabric.com/buy/0336600/kaufman-bisou-stretch-pique-red
Sorry for the late responce. Yes that's the fabric I went with and no sadly it's only a 2 way stretch as well buck this could make it some what better and easier to look right but require more attention to how I cut the pattern. If you find a 4 way let me know :D

- - - Updated - - -

This was the non-waterproof version of the boot I mentioned: http://www.amazon.com/5-11-Tactical...qid=1438562520&sr=8-5&keywords=5.11+skyweight

And a view of Reynolds' boots which show the 'toe caps.' https://instagram.com/p/26kmsDN_nX/
Interesting. I'm wonder if those are another boot? because that cap never shows up in any of the other pictures I've seen. Even the latest high res one here. I'm wondering If maybe I missed that or if it was just a steel toe version used for that? Strange. I'll do more research thanks for the post Jaded.
View attachment 00High Res Deadpool00.jpeg

Super obvious solution for the eyes that I should have come up with sooner: https://youtu.be/NfwKx3oXDhk?t=1m30s

White stockings. You can layer multiple pieces, and they're sheer enough to look flat white while still being thin enough for decent visibility.
Not a huge fan of the idea of fabric. but it might be the only other option. I really don't know of any other way because I don't believe one way white tenting is a thing...

- - - Updated - - -

So I've been reading about the boots, and the reviews are awful. Mostly complaints about the zipper being very weak and breaking because it's a composite material and not metal, the eyelets popping out because they are plastic too, and a lot of people had heel problems.
Honestly not to worried about the quality. As a costume boot these wont be worn much. That is a shame though because I would have loved to get a pair for hiking. Seems strange to me that 5.11 would have a poor quality boot. They are hailed as one of the higher quality military gear makers. Odd. Perhaps some bad seeds? Maybe it was just a few got through QA without a good look over? Who knows. Like I said when I have 200 bucks to throw at it I'll tackle it. For now I'm tying to focus on getting my mask so I can work that lol.

Please be gentle, I have some questions about 2 way vs 4 way stretch. Am I understanding it correctly, for example, 2 way will only stretch up and down while 4 way will stretch up, down, left, and right?

Where would you run into issues using 2 way? Understandably, using the legs as an example, you're going to want to cut it so you can bend at the knees and it'll stretch properly. And the same goes with the elbows. While the torso, you'll want it to stretch sideways so you can breathe. But then on your back you'll want it to stretch so you can bend forward at the waist. Am I looking at this properly? Does that even make sense?

Please be gentle, I have some questions about 2 way vs 4 way stretch. Am I understanding it correctly, for example, 2 way will only stretch up and down while 4 way will stretch up, down, left, and right?

Where would you run into issues using 2 way? Understandably, using the legs as an example, you're going to want to cut it so you can bend at the knees and it'll stretch properly. And the same goes with the elbows. While the torso, you'll want it to stretch sideways so you can breathe. But then on your back you'll want it to stretch so you can bend forward at the waist. Am I looking at this properly? Does that even make sense?
Pretty much spot on. So two-way stretch means exactly that it only has stretch in two directions which can be a good thing and a bad thing but yea each piece will have to be cut to the right size to accommodate like you said. That being said the pattern i currently have is probably going to need to be oversized and reprinted due to the two way stretch instead of four. So now I gotta figure all that out... lol now just so we are clear the two way stretch has a slight amount of stretch on the other sides much like all fabric it will get tight but no more then that where the other direction it will stretch like spandex.

Hey Deadpoolx07, I got my buckle in the mail. If I may, I'd recommend getting the one from Shapeway (it's Kenlandrum's design). It's metal, sturdy, heavy and pretty damn good quality if I may say so. I have pics of it up in my thread, check it out! I'm gonna start painting it tomorrow.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back