Movie Deadpool costume!!

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by Deadpoolx07, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Deadpoolx07

Deadpoolx07 Active Member

Sooo I'm sure you've all seen this by now.
    deadpool.jpg

About the sexiest thing I've ever seen in my life.

I'm at this moment dedicating myself and my time to making this beautiful piece of art. The current problem I'm having is finding the right materials right now, So I decided spandex was the way to go. and then this happened.

So now it's looking a lot more leathery, I found some leathery black spandex that I'm ordering a swatch of to so see how it looks. The red however, I'm not having much luck finding something that doesn't look like its out of a fetish film. Not to mention all the other stuff at play here. Another area of concern for me was the mask, I need to make or have made a shell form fitted to my face. And find some way of whiting out the eyes but still being able to see out of it fairly easily, (I really don't want to use mesh) I want to be as close to the movie as humanly possible so if someone has ideas or insight I'm all ears.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  2. Deadpoolx07

More references.

Deadpool 7.PNG Deadpool 11.PNG Deadpool 10.PNG Deadpool 9.PNG Deadpool 8.PNG Deadpool 5.PNG Deadpool 6.PNG Deadpool hood.PNG

Attached Files:

kipronox likes this.
  3. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

My plan is Matt leather spandex ( you see it in fetish stuff you just need to keep searching for the right one) and a dye sub base using foam to emboss the armour into the leather it is going to be making winded project good luck :)

4. fastman316

fastman316 New Member

5. JLeezy23

JLeezy23 Sr Member

6. Deadpoolx07

[Update] Thanks for the posts guys, last night I did place an order for some samples from spandex world. I might order a few more of the red leather but if you watch the video or look at the pics it seems strange. In some area's it looks leathery and in others it looks more spandexish, I'm wondering if they used a combination... Hard to tell hopefully as I start to build the rough patterns of the suit more/better images will be released. Thanks for the help guys.

7. Vox

Vox Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I am not sure how they are going to handle the face, considering the numerous facial expressions Deadpool has all from within the mask. For all we know, it could be a digital mask created with motion capture technology.

But for the sake of brainstorming: you could check out TJack's universal face shell. I've seen it used for a number of costumes outside of the Spider-man universe.

As for whiting out the eyes, I recommend perforated vinyl. This is the stuff that they use to advertise on the sides of buses and cover the windows. From outside, someone sees a picture, but from within the bus, the little holes allow for some pretty good visibility. I use it on my Red Hood helmet and it is great. Generally though, it can only be purchased in bulk, so you are better off contacting someone like TJack and seeing if you can purchase a small amount from him.

8. Deadpoolx07

Thanks for your post vox. The more i look at the mask the more i wonder if its a spandex covered form fitting helmet. It holds it's shape a little to well for me to think its just a spandex mask so ill probably do some experimenting with that. As for the face i pretty much figure there isnt anything out there short of maybe silicone? That will flex with my face for facial expression. I'll get a hold of Tjack I've done some business with him before on an earlier deadpool build. The perforated vinyl sounds perfect ill look into that as well. Now i just need some cardboard boxes, trash bags, duct tape, hot glue and time and i can start drafting.

9. Looch

Looch Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The pattern in the fabric makes me think it might be neoprene. Probably pretty hot, but just sayin'.

10. Deadpoolx07

That was my first thought too Looch, But if it is that's deffinately not what I want to be wearing lol

11. Deadpoolx07

[Update] More, better look at the sexy Deadpool costume. Deadpool 12.jpg Deadpool 13.jpg Deadpool 12.PNG Deadpool 13.PNG Deadpool 14.PNG Deadpool 15.PNG Deadpool 16.PNG Deadpool 17.PNG

12. buol16

buol16 New Member

this is gonna be awesome! :)

13. Deadpoolx07

[Update] Got my spandex samples in, what do you guys think looks the closest? My wife thinks the Red and black stretch leather is the best but personally I think it's a little thin. The black on the bottom left and the middle top red are heavy weight almost neoprene thick spandex which I think might look a little better. What do you guys think? Obviously the thick stuff is gonna be a lot warmer but if it looks better its worth it right?
    20150409_185514.jpg 20150409_185531.jpg

14. Crazybug00

Crazybug00 Active Member

Bottom two.

15. Deadpoolx07

So I'm trying to get a better picture because that bottom one is really really dark like its Maroon not red at all. the lighting is really back in this room here's a better look at the thick ones. It still looks rather pink but I promise it looks really good...
    20150409_191723.jpg 20150409_191731.jpg

16. Crazybug00

Crazybug00 Active Member

Those are definitely better in the lighting.:D

17. Deadpoolx07

Yea the red is actually a really bright vibrant red.

18. Deadpoolx07

So I gotta question, I like the two materials I've chosen but I think they need a little more glossy a look to them, Does any one know of some kind of gloss spray that wont stiffen the material but will make it catch the light a little bit better?

19. Psycho815

Psycho815 Jr Member

A gloss spray may work, but it might stiffen the spandex

20. Psycho815

Psycho815 Jr Member

Snakepit Studios is making a new Deadpool movie suit. They say it will have 18 3d printed rubber components
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429212516.700744.jpg

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  21. Deadpoolx07

Who's Snakepit Sudios? Are they the company that made the movie costume in the first place? Or are they making one based off the movie suit?

22. Deadpoolx07

[Update] So after long review of a lot of pictures of the costume I decided to change my order and go with the Black and Red Leather Spandex. I think it's going to look more accurate to the actual movie suit.

23. Psycho815

Psycho815 Jr Member

Snakepit Studios is a company that makes custom dyesub suits. They're making a dyesub suit based off of the movie suit.

24. Deadpoolx07

Got ya. I think itd look better as a cut an sewn suit personally.

25. Psycho815

Psycho815 Jr Member

I agree but their suit still looks pretty good

Bones138 likes this.
  26. Deadpoolx07

[Update] I just ordered some more samples of a leather spandex, Thinking leather is the way to go the costume looks more leather then not so we will see how that goes, I'm gonna hopefully start working on the helmet/mask this weekend.... Hopefully.

27. Deadpoolx07

[Update] Supplies done got, Gonna make the mold of my full head tonight. then make plug from that mold tomorrow and start to coat it in clay and shape it into the helmet/mask. The clear plastic is a test to see if I can heat it and shape it over the mask to make a hard shell.

20150424_180943.jpg

28. dog of ulthar

dog of ulthar Member

Doesn't help us much, but I saw some photos from filming that made it look like they were using a real mask, but CGI-ing a bit around the eyes to make the expression chance.

29. Deadpoolx07

[Update] Just got back from Fed Ex and had this bad boy printed up. Went with black and white because it was cheaper and It is only a pattern. I also need to modify it a little so I'll post more as I go.
    20150425_102338.jpg

kenlandrum likes this.
  30. Psycho815

Psycho815 Jr Member

Any updates?

31. Deadpoolx07

So not much progress. I've been searching for the last few months to try and find the perfect fabric. Trying to find a 6 to 8 oz leather 4 way stretch fabric and it's proving difficult. I recently got some samples. I'll post pics when I get home. They aren't as thick as I'd like and they are only two way stretch but they have a pretty close look to the costume color and pattern, my concerns with it are mostly that I have to take very careful steps to make sure I cut it correctly. I still need to cast my head to do the mask/helm. Problem is I don't have anyone to help me cast my head. So hitting a couple snags. Not to mention I'm trying to shead some weight before I make the suit.

32. Psycho815

Psycho815 Jr Member

iamwayno and reaton89 like this.
  33. Deadpoolx07

34. Psycho815

Psycho815 Jr Member

Im so glad that I was able to actually help someone for once on the RPF!

35. Daniel Nelms

Daniel Nelms Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm loving the progress! Great job

36. Deadpoolx07

[UPDATE] So I'ts be a while since I've shown any progress, thanks to Psycho815 for the amazing reference for the face-shield. That is gonna save me a lot of time. I found some good fabric as I said earlier, pictures to follow my Issues have been mainly I cant find a 4-way stretch leather spandex. So it looks like that's what I'm gonna have to go with and just have to be extra careful and attentive to my patters and which way my fabric is laying. Pics below. Left is a thin 4oz fabric middle is 4oz as well and right is 8oz. I'd like to find a red 8oz but have had no luck so far.
    Thin Black.jpg Thin Red.jpg Thick Black.jpg

37. Psycho815

Psycho815 Jr Member

The fabric looks pretty accurate to the costume! When do you think youll be ready to start making the suit?

38. Deadpoolx07

it's hard to say. I'm trying to loose some weight and kill debt. Im thinking about getting some cheap fabric and doing test pieces to figure out stuff like the raised areas. I can't promise anything but as soon as i can get back to 190ish I'll start seriously hitting. Ill probably start on the mask soon since the shell you posted was amazing. From there I'll probably start other weapons and accessories after that then the costume. I have to tweek the pattern since its in the skinsuit style so I'll make progress on as much possible outside of actually cutting and sewing

39. Psycho815

Psycho815 Jr Member

Cool! Looking forward to your build

40. Deadpoolx07

I'll try not to disappoint you lol

41. squirk

squirk Sr Member

You've seen the latest EW cover, I presume? Great close-up detail.

Attached Files:

42. Deadpoolx07

I have not. Great picture thanks Squirk.

43. squirk

squirk Sr Member

I wonder what would be involved with making a face shell that incorporates that half cocked eyebrow....

44. Deadpoolx07

Don't think it'd take much could probably use the one I'm gonna get and make slight mods to the eye opening which is what it looks like it is in that pic

45. squirk

squirk Sr Member

I think that would really set you apart from the other costumes - not a huge detail, but true to the character enough to stand out.

46. squirk

squirk Sr Member

I just noticed this about my Samsonite luggage set. Looks familiar.

image.jpg

zerog270 likes this.
  47. Psycho815

Psycho815 Jr Member

You should find out what fabric that is! But I don't know if fabric from a luggage could be used in a costume

48. Deadpoolx07

It looks like it could be a nylon blend. Issue with that would be that the average luggage fabric is like 12-20 oz which is super thick but an appeal version of that fabric would be cool

49. Psycho815

Psycho815 Jr Member

A fabric like that would be great for your costume! But it's so hard to pick the right fabric because the red on the costume has the texture of fabric but the shine of leather!

50. Deadpoolx07

Yea I've decided to just go with a leatheret spandex. Pretty sure that's going to get me the closes look. When I get the face shield I'll start on the mask with the red leatheret and post it. The only thing I'm not sure about is how I want to do the zipper