Johnny Depp / Jack Sparrow Bust WIP - NEW PICS

Re: Johnny Depp / Jack Sparrow Bust WIP

S-I-L-I-C-O-N-E!! :)

Looking great Vash, that really shows it's potential!

Looks like I may need to start combing the JY for some Cap'n Jack stuff! :cool

Do you think this bust would lend itself to some of Johnny's other characters too...or just the Captain?

brad

Simply amazing...great job. Their going to have to create new adjectives to describe how great you work is.

Thanks guys:$

OK, it's not silicone, but it's as close as I can get with this mold for now ;)
It's translucent resin cast which is going to the commissioner of the piece.
final-translucent2.jpg
final-translucent3.jpg

I'm pretty sure this may be able to work with a few other Depp characters since it's an expression he does normally.

Last edited:
Re: Johnny Depp / Jack Sparrow Bust WIP - NEW PIC

You can get great results with transperant resin... Hope you don't mind but heres an example of what can potentailly be done with your great sculpt and its so much easier to paint than silicone... All you need to do is paint in washes and keep the colors transparent.

img0034fq.jpg

Outstanding! can't wait to see the end result.

@Cyberman, That's painted!? damn.

(off topic) It's probably how it should be, but the eyebrow looks wrong, like the hairstrokes should go the other way. :)

Thank you guys again for the compliments, I really appreciate it.
Cyberman - That paint job looks amazing!
noaton - I purchased the wig from a member here and is supposed to be a Ms. Mazie wig, the hair swag comes from tyrannical*piratical*treasures*1st on ebay (great seller by the way :thumbsup), the buckle is from Acme and the piece of 8 is from Master Replicas.
The baldric is just a piece of material with the embossed paisley pattern that I cut quickly for the picture.
I know some may not be screen accurate, but it looks the part in person.
Plus, I actually have an awesome OST wig with all the trimmings that will someday adorn my own finished bust ;)

Umm...wow...that thing is stunning! Of course all your work looks just as good, and man that paint job on that Indy(I assume it is Indy) is incredible Cyberman!

Got my bust Friday, and I'm stunned!! This commission far exceeded my expectations. The attention to detail was amazing. Now come the fun part of mounting this to a mannequin. Oh boy. Thanks a million Ely, you've outdone yourself again. BTW, that Milla looks amazing.

Reel

Thanks guys!
Video tutorial would suck when it comes to how I sculpt, 1 hour here, 15 minutes there, days of no work, another hour or two, and so on.

Thanks!
I love that site Mojo Turbo! I've actually had that bookmarked for quite some time and it's really what pushed me to loving the intricacies of Captain Jack. Wonderful resource.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back