Face Off Season 5

I am glad Laura won too. YAY!

Tate's wizard looked like a caveman to me. The swan was great though.

They are supposed to have two one hour face off specials this month too. Not sure of the dates though.

I liked Roys' swan design. It was almost what I would have done with the character. I felt his wizard was not designed for a dancer to wear. I also did not like how Roy did not have a direction for his builds. That was a big let down. The first thing he should have done was create his concept. He has done it so many times before the pressure must have gotten to him.

Lauras' designs were pretty awesome. Her wizard reminded me of Devil Kazuya, and Devil Jins' Tekken Tag Tournament 2 designs. Another character that came to mind was he anime character Boah. I did think he swan needed feathers on her head, but the cohesiveness between the two designs was evident. That is what I liked the most with her characters.

Tates' swan was the best for sure. I wish I could just stare at picture of it and admire it as long as I wanted.
The wizard was not so great. The concept was nice, but the execution was not as good. He ended up looking like a bit of a Guillermo del Toro inspired hobo. Once again the judges were correct. He should have really gone to town with the gears, and made them noticeable. The odd expression on his face was distracting. It looked like the model could not close his mouth or emote. That and the face reminded me a bit too much of his comic ghoul designs' face.

If you had to choose the winner from what they did in the final. Then the judges made the right choice. Love this show ^_^!!

They were all nice but I thought Roy's met the parameters of the competition. I did not care for Laura's. It did not look like it was Renaissance nor does it look like she was a swan at all. It looked like an alien Swan Lake. To me Roy was the clear winner

Nice to see one of the ladies get the win, and get it "clean". I know there were some hard feelings in the fan base over last season's results.

Tate's swan was incredible. Very well done. Happy for Laura, but bummed for Tate. The previews for the next tun in January looked very promising!

Yeah I'd say so, Nicole won because she was hot, not because she had the best work haha.

I thought Nicole's work was superb, although the is very pretty also. I thought she deserved her win.

For my money, in the history of the show the hottest girl is a tie between Alana and Laura, but to each their own.

I thought Nicole's work was superb, although the is very pretty also. I thought she deserved her win.

For my money, in the history of the show the hottest girl is a tie between Alana and Laura, but to each their own.

Don't get me wrong, Nicole did some good work but that doesn't change the fact she should not have won. It should of been between Laura and Derek who did better work and were better artists. She won because she was hot and this is why Face Off hasn't done another "fans decide who wins" thing. They did it that one time and it bit them in the ass.

I'm glad Laura won, among the other artists, I thought her work was the most consistent in quality. That said, Tate had the best Swan costume in the play. I still can't stop gushing over the design of that make-up: absolutely gorgeous.

I'm really enjoying this show and all the creativity - I only wish they were given more time so that we could see what they are capable of when they don't have to rush so much. It kills me when they can't fulfill the vision they have because of time. And the judges say it's time management, but then they get these HUGE projects and ding them when they do not go full out.

It's the nature of the competition aspect of the show and keeping themselves on budget, but what I really love about Project Runway is that in their final collection they are given WEEKS to complete several looks. You really get to see what each designer is really made of and not just compare who is good under pressure.
I absolutely agree with this. During the competition I like to see people work alone, in groups, under deadlines, etc. It shows the capabilities of the artists.
When contestants reach the finale they should be provided with more time to work on their projects.

I was thrilled to see Laura win. She is an amazing talent and seems like a heck of a nice person. We're looking forward to next season!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back