Things you're tired of seeing in movies

No joke, on my first deployment, we used the Canadians as interpreters for the British for the first 3 weeks or so, because they had been there longer.

ON topic:
People who are not carrying a holstered gun, who then pull it out of thin air or are not wearing clothing that would permit them to carry a weapon concealed yet they pull out a full size Sig or Beretta.

Along those lines - Arnold carrying a full size Beretta from an ankle holster in a suit in "Kindergarten Cop". I know it's Arnold but come on...that's like walking/running around with a rock on your leg.

Last edited:
I'm a displaced Souser. Much easier to understand as we use actual english words!

Being a Weegie anywhere outside of Glasgow, no one understands a word you say!

Not really I was raised in the mearns so my accent is refined. Which makes me a Glaswegian , we speak too fast for Americans , when I speak slow I have no problems , but when excited I speak 100mph and no one gets it lol.

Anyway let's get back on topic please now guys.
I hate when the hero can drive, ride, fly any vehicle they come across and do it like an expert , know all the buttons levers etc , cmon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate when the hero can drive, ride, fly any vehicle they come across and do it like an expert , know all the buttons levers etc , cmon
True. I've talked with some of the best pilots who ever lived and all have confirmed that you have to, at the very least, spend a few minutes in a new cockpit to get an idea where the important controls are.
I talked with a WW2 fighter pilot who escaped from a German POW camp, found an airfield and stolen a German fighter and flew it back to the nearest allied airfield (of course, almost getting shot down in the process by his own people) and he said he couldn't understand the radio or how to raise the landing gear...
That's why I loved the scene in "Bat 21" where Danny Glover hops into a UH-1 and tries to fly off in it, and you get the idea that he'd flown a chopper in the past but a long time ago and had clearly lost the 'touch' for it since the last time he'd done so. It's the only scene I can recall from a film that ever addressed something like that.

Last edited:
I think this was mentioned before, but when someone is giving another person CPR or doing something else to bring them back to life and they stop. Within 30 seconds or so the "dead" person will make a loud gasp and open their eyes and maybe even sit up.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

I think this was mentioned before, but when someone is giving another person CPR or doing something else to bring them back to life and they stop. Within 30 seconds or so the "dead" person will make a loud gasp and open their eyes and maybe even sit up.

I just finished "Jurassic Park" and thought the same thing when Grant does the CPR on Tim after being electrocuted. Still funny though because he says "...3" from the countdown to jump :lol.

Okay, so far Terminator and Alien have been the only ones to get this right (and even then, not 100% of the time), but what I am tired of seeing is robots/androids/automatons being portrayed by humans who, during an action scene, break character and show the face of exertion, like what they are doing affects their face like it affects ours. You're a robot. You produce no fatigue toxins or any other things that would cause such a facial reaction. Stop it.

How come I can never find a parking spot right in front of the building/store/establishment I'm going into? Hollywood... why do you do this to us? This isn't real life. Make our heroes park in multilevel , high price parking structures, deal with broken parking ticket machines, absent attendants, and the constant struggle to not only find a decent spot but finally remember where we actually parked!

I have never heard anybody, other than Hollywood, say while looking at a digital image...

"... Zoom into grid 212... Can you increase the resolution? Zoom in... increase rez... GOT IT!"

UGH :facepalm

If zoom in on the guy in grid 218 you can enhance the reflection in his glasses for a more perfect image. :lol

"Grid 218... Raise the resolution... zoom in a bit... can we make out the cars plate number in the reflection of the glasses? I think I can see the number on the cell phone sitting on the dashboard as well..."

PFFFFF ;)

Okay, so far Terminator and Alien have been the only ones to get this right (and even then, not 100% of the time), but what I am tired of seeing is robots/androids/automatons being portrayed by humans who, during an action scene, break character and show the face of exertion, like what they are doing affects their face like it affects ours. You're a robot. You produce no fatigue toxins or any other things that would cause such a facial reaction. Stop it.
Im glad you brought this up. In T2, when Ahnold was fixing the car right after he asks for the torque wrench, he huffs and puffs like he is exerting force against something that is totally stronger than him, which it isnt. Same thing in the Spider Man movies, if pete weighs lets say 175lbs, and he can lift 10 tons, he should never have to UGGGNNHHHH when jumping or doing pretty much anything. He does that a lot in the movies, which I dont understand. A flick of his wrist and he would be sailing over the rooftops.

Im glad you brought this up. In T2, when Ahnold was fixing the car right after he asks for the torque wrench, he huffs and puffs like he is exerting force against something that is totally stronger than him, which it isnt.
It could be argued that he does that because of basic programming since he's designed for infiltration. But it was either bad writing or bad directing.

I have never heard anybody, other than Hollywood, say while looking at a digital image...

"... Zoom into grid 212... Can you increase the resolution? Zoom in... increase rez... GOT IT!"

UGH :facepalm
Yep, another good one. :thumbsup
"I'm heading to Sector Gamma 9"
Uh, where the #$@* is that? Does the wall have "G9" painted every few feet?Where's my space map?
How about 2D representations of space? Yeah, technology only recently could do this for the movies, but for way too long, sci-fi films in space never used 3D references to space on the bridge of a space ship. Ironically, the best representation for that I ever saw was in Avatar, where a 2D reference would have been just fine!

Yep, another good one. :thumbsup
"I'm heading to Sector Gamma 9"
Uh, where the #$@* is that? Does the wall have "G9" painted every few feet?Where's my space map?
How about 2D representations of space? Yeah, technology only recently could do this for the movies, but for way too long, sci-fi films in space never used 3D references to space on the bridge of a space ship. Ironically, the best representation for that I ever saw was in Avatar, where a 2D reference would have been just fine!

What's worse is when the lazy writers treat it as 2D space as well, saying things like how obstacle X is too large to go around. Fine, then how about trying going above or below it or a combination of around, over the top, and down below then?

It could be argued that he does that because of basic programming since he's designed for infiltration. But it was either bad writing or bad directing.

And it would've only taken one more line in the beginning to explain it, and then it would've been completely understood and acceptable the whole time. "We use human expressions and mannerisms when performing tasks to fit in better". Oh, that makes sense.

When someone is overdosing on heroin then someone else looks into their eyes and says their pupils are dilated.
With opiate overdose the pupils don't dilate - they construct - sometimes to pinpoints.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back