New BMF coming

Don't have to go further...we have it here inside RPF..

Great thread there. Were these going to eventually be shrunk down to the Hasbro Falcon's size and professionally printed. It'd be nice to have a more complete set of all the little decals, even though some of those locations/greebles don't really exist on the 32" or Hasbro Falcon.

That's the goal. looking to be ready for production sometime at the end of March. I'm currently designing with the HRebel falcon in mind.

They will be available in both Rebel and Legacy scale. MPC/AMT Falcon MIGHT get a reduced version as over half won't scale that small and hold up to printing.

Just a general comment RE: the 5-footer decal survey. My hope (aim?) is that the 'findings' will become a general reference for the entire community to take advantage of as needed. Retiredadguy is doing artwork, as he said, with the goal of getting some decal sheets into production, so there is a physical product that should result from this team effort. Depending on what he wants to do, my additional goal is to have accurate vector artwork freely available for download within the forum so if someone is building, say, a 1/2 studio scale 5-footer, they will have the decal reference available to not only locate the markings but the markings themselves. This allows for whatever printing or production or handmakin' they can do. And I fully expect this to be an ongoing, "living" reference that will be improved over time. But keep in mind that the artwork is Retired's work, so he has say-so on its use. At the very least, credit should be given where due...

I've always believed in sharing such knowledge & research - basically a corollary of the 'fandom' paradigm - in my modeling. Besides the good Karma, Im ';paying forward' on all the assistance I've gotten over the years! ;^)

Kind Regards, Robert

- - - Updated - - -

That's the goal. looking to be ready for production sometime at the end of March. I'm currently designing with the HRebel falcon in mind.

They will be available in both Rebel and Legacy scale. MPC/AMT Falcon MIGHT get a reduced version as over half won't scale that small and hold up to printing.
What is the MPC kit's scale, about 1/60th? At that size, probably only the larger ones would be appropriate for inclusion. The ones that are basically a 'scrap' wouldn't barely be seen anyway and could be replicated with a dot of paint... painting on a pinhead, eh?
R/
Robert

Love the engine flaps and vents.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 274
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 210
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 207
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 195
Not to be negative about the good work that Retiredadguy & everyone on his thread has submitted......the level of detail & accuracy is outstanding,....I'm just reminding anyone deciding to decal their Hasbro Hero Series Falcon with the same level of accuracy......these decals were heavily researched based on the 5 foot filming model

The Hasbro Falcon, as has been discussed, is a mixture of the two filming models......but is roughly 95% of the 32" Falcon,.....which really doesn't have any decals (I could be wrong),....just paint impressions where the more prominent markings on the 5 footer appear, pen hash marks & signatures of the ILM model builders

J

The MPC/AMT kit was at the time of release, 1/72 scale. This was / is based on the size of the supplied figures that came with the model.

Since the FM Falcons release it has been placed closer to 1/60 with the FM becoming the 1/72 version.

I've built some where in the ball park of 40- 50 MPC/AMT falcons since it's initial release, and used earlier versions of the current decal graphics being worked on now.

There are about 20-25 decals that scale properly to the MPC/AMT falcon. But they were much simplified versions comparatively. When I'm done doing the Legacy and Rebel versions I will probably go through these and cherry pick the ones needed as I still have about 4-5 MPC/AMT Falcons in various stages of building that I want Decals for.

And I would love to get one of the Haystack up grade kits to test them out with. CHHACHING!:)

Jaitea,

You are correct on the 32'. NO decals at all that I've been able to find.:unsure

These are Primarily for the Rebel. As it has parts of both, MORE 32 than 5ft, but I have always been partial to the 5ft and wanted Decals to help go for that look.

So,... One thing I really like about the Rebel is the clean side walls READY for up grading. I know I used a legacy as the donor parts and they ARE 32, that was before the 3d printed parts were available.

If /when I do another HRMF I will build the side walls ect. based on the 5ft version. OH BOY!! But FIRST. I need to finish what I'm working on. decals.

I REALLY LIKE the robust nature of the rear side walls and quarter panels. Not MF cannon, But it gives the impression of the 5ft and looks SWEET!!

Nice job!

I believe Randy had said that these parts are from his own version of a YT that he was working on a few years ago and never finished. None of the parts really match any studio model. Originally he was just posting the start of his own build, then making parts for friends, then word spreading and selling kits.... I like the extra detail so bought a set and will make mine just to look cool and not worrying about making a copy of any one studio model. There are 8 or 9 models, exterior sets, matte paintings and all are slightly different.

Hmmmm.......although it does look cool,.....it really is too far away from the Falcon design

Maybe as another YT ship with a different paint job

J

I agree... as much as I admire and respect Randy Cooper's talent and skill... the sidewalls he produced are "his" interpretation and not actually accurate to the real model. No matter how cool they look, I think I'm gonna have to wait til the SW pieces are cast in resin before I buy a set to modify my falcon.

Been following this post for a while. Really great stuff and lots of talent. Just wanted to post some pics of the panels I've been printing to replace the current Hasbro ones. First the round ones then on to the larger ones. Need to add additional greebling and some more pipes.IMG_20150227_200012_838.jpgIMG_20150227_200205_691.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back