Greetings everyone from Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio

My name is Larry. I have recently purchased a Rubies Darth Vader for Halloween, and have decided to modify it for more usage such as birthday parties, hospital visits, parades. I googled what sites/communities would be the best to join and this one came up as one of the top 2 ( the other was the 501st). Since I own other costumes such as The Batman, the Flash and the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz, I asked to join this one and the Admin has graciously allowed me to. I look forward to meeting and learning from others here.

Greetings everyone from Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio

My name is Larry. I have recently purchased a Rubies Darth Vader for Halloween, and have decided to modify it for more usage such as birthday parties, hospital visits, parades. I googled what sites/communities would be the best to join and this one came up as one of the top 2 ( the other was the 501st). Since I own other costumes such as The Batman, the Flash and the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz, I asked to join this one and the Admin has graciously allowed me to. I look forward to meeting and learning from others here.

Hi Larry, another really helpful community is thepropden.com, it has a dedicated Vader section. If you are not planning to join the 501st, I suggest posting here and in the den.

I do have to warn you, the 501st Sith Lord Detachment are more concerned with having “screen accurate” suits and since Vader is the most beloved character of the franchise they are quite strict with his approvals.

The prop den on the other hand is focused towards “prop accuracy” which means to have the suit be an exact replica as how the original props and suits were built. They both have a lot of reference information, I’d just say keep in mind what do you want your Vader for.

In the end you are the Lord of your own Obsessive-Vader-Disorder. So my best advice is for you is do a lot of research before doing anything, when you think you’re research is done, dig deeper and do it again.

One common advice on whatever forum is: “ditch the rubies”. Mainly because of the vynil suit is hot and sweaty as hell. Secondly, modifying it to be screen accurate, is basically redoing the whole thing and costs, time and effort ends up being about the same if you started building a screen accurate one in the first place.

But I do believe there’s an in between, not screen accurate but closer than the off the shelf rubies. As I said it all depends of your OVD...

Also, which Vader version are you planning to do? The closest to Rubies is A New Hope. They are different between all the movies, those subtleties really make Vader pop!

Good luck!

Darth Gardea uses Tapatalk

Hey there!

I'm Max from Massachusetts -- long time listener, first time caller -- and I'm commenting because I want to put together a "Big Trouble in Little China" costume for this year's Halloween. I'm mostly looking for advice on where to buy a reasonably priced facsimile of Jack Burton's boots, and how to alter and paint an off-brand airsoft replica of Burton's gun to something that looks screen-accurate.

In the future, I'd also like to build a model of the player's ship from the videogame "Descent," and maybe 3D-print an action figure of J.C. Denton from "Deus Ex."

Cheers!

Hello,

I recently joined trying to get my hands on Rudy's Pando crystal chamber kit for an MK! hilt.

Any one know if a third run is planed or have advice on obtaining one?

Hello! I have been stalking for several weeks while researching to make my Quorra from Tron Legacy costume. Tons of info on here to dig through so thanks everyone!!

Evening all.

Amateur builder making stuff up in the English Lakes. Mainly steampunky cyberpunky bits and pieces.

I finally have a workshop mwahahaha!

No one reads these but it's nice to be a member here rather than a filthy lurker finally ;)

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk

Gooood Morning, Vietnam.

Name is Jake, and I have recently caught the maker bug. Always loved movie props and accurate recreations as well as making model kits as a kid. However, I let many of those hobbies go in middle/high school and college. Now that I'm done with undergrad, the recent line of Bandai Star Wars kits have revitalized my love of modeling. I have built a few of the kits and look forward to posting the builds in the near future. I hope to acquire the knowledge of how to scratch build props, models, and costumes...maybe even sell some work, if deemed worthy.

Feels good to finally post an intro after lurking for so long.

Hello Everybody,
I'm Philigore. I'm French and I love fantastic and imaginary worlds. I like to create some sculpt and photo montages in photoshop.
Hope you like my work....:D

Happy to be here.....

Hi again guys been a while since i was up in here but things change and now i build as a main occupation done some really strange superhero builds of late and more comming soon

Hi everybody,

I am Alex, working as a low-poly 3d artist since 2012, long-time reader, but finally decided to introduce myself on RPF.
Inspired with Star Wars made these Darth Vader and First Order Stormtrooper busts out of paper.
16.jpg21.jpg

In plans, continue the series and to make Imperial Stormtrooper, C-3PO, Boba Fett, etc.

Hello,
If been a constant reader for some years. Until recently I have never been much into showing my work public.

I focus on sculpting figures in 1/72 and of course model kits in that scale, as well as scratching here and there.

I'm into sci fi (Star Wars) as well as dystopian movies/novels/ games like Metro 2033 or Fallout.

Hi there!

I'm Maddie, from Australia, I came across this site looking for cosplay things for some upcoming projects and decided to made an account.

Long time lurker, finally signed up. I'm a huge Star Wars fan. For the last 10 years I've collected lightsabers and even had a lightly themed Star Wars wedding. Our wedding was featured in Portland Bride and Groom (Link below)

https://www.portlandbrideandgroom.com/2017/06/16/real-wedding-beatrice-van-khai-nguyen/

Here is a picture of my lightsaber collection.

IMAG2744.jpg

I just started collecting helmets. I am in the process of moving so they are all boxed up. I'm looking for quite a few helmets so let me know if you have any for sale or trade. I'll be posting a few WTB and sell ads in the junkyard.

20180322_205313.jpg

Anyhow, thanks for the warm welcomes and a great forum!

Hey everyone...been using this site for ideas for a couple of years now...super stoked on seeing all of the amazing work you all have been doing!

I'm just getting into prop making and have a few replicas, as well as some custom stuff I have made.

Most of my projects have been built around movies, books, games I'm into, or a costume that I am trying to build. I have stuff from Dredd, Star Wars, Clash of Clans/Royale, some random historical armor...that sort of thing. I also dig painting or moding nerf guns, or other random cheap toys, to make them look like real items.

Recently I just finished a replica, semi-custom, version of the Deathstroke Armor from Batman: Arkham Origins, while there is still some fine tuning to do...it is mostly complete. Here are a few shots of it...

F0recaster12-deathstroke2.jpgF0recaster12-deathstroke4.jpgF0recaster12-deathstroke3.jpgF0recaster12-deathstroke1.jpg

Right now most of my projects are with eva foam or some sort of pre-crafted material or form...but down the road I am looking forward to learning to work with other mediums, including learning different 3D printing techniques, some worbla, vacuum molding, some of the more serious maker techniques.

Anyway, thought I would finally stop lurking and introduce myself. Cheers!!

Adam

Last edited:
Hi
I'm on this site in search of a Han Solo jacket / gilet / waistcoat pattern ... to make for my son!
Any help would be appreciated!

Hello,
I have just joined today, huge Battlestar Galactica and Star Wars fan. I am hoping I can get my hands on a full set of cubits and the triad cards.

Hola a todos.
Me llamo Toni o también Drakken, como más gusteis. Soy de Madrid y tengo 53 años. Me he unido a este foro por medio de un amigo de facebbok que me lo recomendó a ver si puedo conseguir planos y documentación para poder fabricarme el sable de luz de Rey. Sobra decir que soy un fan de Star Wars hasta los huesos.
Gracias por la acogida en este grupo

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back