Hi everyone! Happy to become a member. I'm working on a project related to Battlestar Galactica-- specifically adding animated screens to the excellent LEGO models by Davdup:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-9424/davdup/colonial-viper-mkii/#comments

My first project is the DRADIS for the Viper MKII. I found this forum after seeing older posts where people had recreated the DRADIS animations. I'm hoping to connect with those folks, and look forward to keeping up with the forum in general.

Thanks again for the add!

--Rob K from Minnesota, USA

Hello! I am new to costumes and heard this was a great place to get ideas. I am looking to start with a basic Imperial Cadet. If anyone has any ideas or help with finding or building the components that would be great!

Hi all,
I'm from the UK, been lurking around here for about 10 years thought it was about time I introduced myself.
I originally started looking at all the Star Wars and Marvel stuff but now I pretty much look at everything I can on here.
(Now if only I can finish a project for once)

Greetings folks fantastic site and the quality looks outstanding looking forward to to being part of this world! :)

Hello from SoCal (if anyone else is here, I'd love to find like-minded creators to chill and create with... Feel free to PM me!)

I'm here to learn. I have little-to-no experience in prop making, but I've been researching a lot for a while (couple months) which led me here. I have sewing experience, but that's pretty much it.

My goal here is to make a robot helmet via life casting and then sculpting a mold and then vacuum forming it with PETG.

I'm grateful to find a community like this.

Hello everyone my name is Rich and I am from the East cost of the US I found the RPF from watching tested videos on YouTube. I have only been molding for a few years so I am a newbie to the hobby. I have been doing scale models for the past year or two and started to broaden my Horizons to scratch building models and props. I just recently moved so I had to put my hobbies on the back burner for a few months but now my shop is almost complete and I can't wait to get back to building. I am interested in almost everything that has to do with SCIFI.
Can't wait to make some new friends here and work on some awesome projects.

Hard work and patience pay off but they do not come free.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

I’m Chris. Getting into propmaking. I’m interested in making quality pieces that will last a long time. I think it will be a fun adventure and I’m here to absorb knowledge. Thanks

Hey all, have only made some simple janky props for my cosplays, but we are investing in a PRUSA and I’d love to learn from some veteran users. Also, any sewing tips I can glean would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey folks!

I love props fabrication, and decided to finally give into this which I always knew would be a very demanding hobby.

I must say I was completely flabbergasted with some of the creations in here. I hope I'm as good as some in a few years pf practice.

I'm into foam fabrication as well as starting with 3D printing.

Hi. I found this place after looking up the sizes of Captain America's shield (I'm following Odin's tutorials), and how to do a Winter Soldier arm, which led me to JFcustom's archive of unwrapped foam templates, I decided to stick around.

hello everyone. I found this site while I was looking for informational material to make cosplay ... and recently I entered this world. I find your community very interesting
thanks for signing up. sorry my english. i'm an italian guy

Greating from Montréal, Québec. Props maker here, But mostly a maker in general. Been a member of the rpf FB group for a while, bought stuff, sold stuff. you can an idea of what i do on my instagram(izraart) also on my FB page with the same name!

Looking forward to exchange and contribute.

Hello.

I've been reading the RPF for a little while now, specifically looking at Graflex information. While searching for that information, it's been fascinating to read about all sorts of props and costumes, especially helmets. I look forward to engaging with this forum when converting Roman's Graflex that I just bought and wherever else this project takes me. I'm also interested in some day converting a Luke, FX ready ROTJ hilt, so if anyone can point me in the right direction on assembling one(very new to anything of that sort so I'd need to start with the basics), it'd be greatly appreciated!

Long time lurker, first time poster! Hello from the Midwest, USA! I'm an amateur metalworker and maker and I've enjoyed the deep amount of knowledge on this site when I've worked on film prop projects! I'm primarily a star wars superfan, but as a general movie buff I love all sorts!

Mike here, in NYC. Had heard of this forum on the Tested YouTube channel, but only actually found it online tonight while Googling a painting/varnishing question that's come up with a garage kit that I'm working on. Found some fantastic information in a thread here, figured I'd sign up and join the conversation. I'm more of a model kit and miniatures hobbyist than a prop enthusiast, but it seems there's a lot of crossover in terms of skills required and problems to solve. Do have a passing interest in props as well (spurned on, in no small part, by those Tested videos), so maybe one of these days I'll try my hand at a prop project...

Hi, I'm Brian from New Zealand. I'm a 501st Legion member with a Level 2 approved Scout Trooper (TB-27138), a 95% complete Mandalorian costume with an E-11 blaster and an axe.
I'm mainly here to browse others' build threads and get ideas for future projects.

Hola mis amigos,

My name is Miguel and I kept hearing about the RPF from the Tested Youtube channel but I never stopped by to see what was poppin until now. My reasoning for joining is that I've wanted to learn about prop building for a while, especially now because at the high school I attend they require seniors to do a project about a career path you'd like to follow and I decided to do mine on cosplay and prop making. This project requires a research paper along with a physical project. My physical project plan A is to make the Space Sheriff Gavan suit from the show of the same name, with my plan B being a GSPO uniform from Lupinranger VS Patranger in case I can't finish my plan A. I also would like to make Kamen Rider Gaim's Daidaimaru and the VS Changer from Lupinranger VS Patoranger in the future.

My main interests in props and costumes lie mostly in tokusatsu.

Thanks for reading.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Terry. I learned of this site through a video presentation that featured Adam Savage. I have enjoyed costuming and SFX ever since going to the movies as a kid. Fast forward a few decades and I'm a professional model maker who enjoys fabricating just about anything that an industrial client could possibly want. I'm here for my own personal interests though as I would like to start making some helmets, masks, props, etc. for Halloween parties and other fun.

Thanks for such a great resource!

Terry

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back