You’re Trapped In A Room For 24 Hours With One Film On Repeat. What Film Do You Want It To Be?

Back To The Future.

Just as you are about to press play, you hear a toilet flushing and a pot-bellied version of YOU walks out of the bathroom; wearing an overly-large Mexican sombrero, Otomix shoes, and a silk kimono with designs of McDonalds from all over the Earth!

"Whoa! I made it," says the rotund Pepperbone.

Holds out his hand and says, "come with me, the next twenty-four hours are gonna be UH-MAY-ZING!" and you are guided to the bathroom where the toilet is glowing yellow with endlessly swirling water.

A glowing green plunger is held out to you, "this plunge is gonna change our lives forever..."

I don’t care how good the movie is, by hour 20 of watching the same movie, over and over, this is what you will look like….
View attachment 1561998
If you like what you do time will fly, so if you watch a beloved movie you might say: "What, the 24 hours are over? No way! Play it just one more time!" However, if you choose a random movie, especially one you have never seen before, and it turns out to be a snooze-fest, you may either hit yourself for being so stupid or (even better) you may spend most of the time sleeping (if the volume is not too high, of course). So, anyone in for "Rock'n'Roll Nightmare"??? :lol:

Interesting question since I myself love to repeat watch movies. My list:

1. Back to the Future
2. Star Wars A New hope
3. Jaws
4. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
5. John Carpenters The Thing

I think either of those 5 would work for me.

What a great thread!

This was a hard choice, but I think for repeat watch value I’m going to pick Pacific Rim. Seems like I always see something different each time I watch it and really there are no scenes that I find uninteresting.

I nearly picked Stagecoach, but I’m not sure I would find much new in it after about two more viewings (but man is that chase scene/shootout a great piece of filmmaking).

Are we talking about the same movie? The soundtrack in just ambient piano noodling and drones?

Peter Gabriel soundtrack.

Yeah! It is really emotional, using music to convey moods. A lot more to it than just background fluff.

I had it on cassette and wore the thing out.

You now have to watch TASM2 for 24 hours
Gladly.I still want to see the rest of the Rhino fight in a third sequel, even if it is to be the last movie for Andrew Garfield as Spider-man.I can't stand open endings like they did with the first trilogy of Lord of the Rings.

But there is something about Tron that makes it timeless for me, especially the use of colors and lights, like in Thor:Ragnarok that really honored the Marvel artist Jack Kirby.So definitely Tron first place

Last edited:
Peter Gabriel soundtrack.

Yeah! It is really emotional, using music to convey moods. A lot more to it than just background fluff.

I had it on cassette and wore the thing out.
What does Peter Gabriel have to do with it? Are you talking about Birdy?? Confused :lol:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back