Yoda VD lightsaber discussion

Mine was the first one I'd received after buying maybe five Bolsey flashes. All the others were the smooth black ones.

I was so excited when I saw it!

heres my cap
cap2.jpg

heres my anodize removal

Attachments

• cap2.jpg
    cap2.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited by a moderator:
I did cut down one of the oversized black anodized endcaps on the little lathe, it's not knurled, but it's the right diameter, for what it's worth. I don't have a big enough knurling tool for my tiny lathe to press the knurls into it!!

2-56 x 1/4 round head brass screw for Lambo wheel

It is just super annoying that there's no "screws R us" where I can just find these easily.

I don't know if it's a Canadian thing, but no hardware stores carry screws that small, so I end up having to buy them off ebay for 8 bucks for one tiny screw. annoying.

It is just super annoying that there's no "screws R us" where I can just find these easily.

I don't know if it's a Canadian thing, but no hardware stores carry screws that small, so I end up having to buy them off ebay for 8 bucks for one tiny screw. annoying.

i had the same exact problem here. couldnt find the screw to save my life

Hi All!

I just wanted to say thanks for everyone who is keeping this thread alive with pictures. This has been a huge help as after 2 years of a saved search got me a Bolsey flash for $15 bucks!
20161217_132610.jpg

The i was able to get the paint off the pomel easily using oven cleaner, however, i noticed that the button on the side was flipped from the praco version (not sure if they are all like this). The other thing i realized is that i wanted to make mine functional (because i am a glutton for punishment), so using the dimensions given in this thread for the lambo wheel, i machined a blade holder to the exact specs with a lip that will not allow it to slide down the flash tube.

20161217_163747.jpg

Little coat of paint and im pretty happy with how it turned out!

20161217_181712.jpg

ive seen many ways you all are making grips but i was trying to find the best and fastest way for my build to keep cost down. i was able to find 2mm black foam with adhesive backing at my local arts supply store that seems to fit the bill and only cost a dollar (you can see in the below picture how the side button is flipped from the Praco).

20161218_153501.jpg

I still need to get the proper set screws for the top, the oil pan activation box and fit the electronics but reading this thread has really saved me soooo much headache thus far so thank you all for the info and keep in coming!

-Sho

Attachments

• 20161217_132610.jpg
    20161217_132610.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 156
Thanks Neo for easing my worries on the Bolsey being mirrored. That was messing with my mind when i got it and was too eager to go through the pages to see if it had been addressed. i just went with it. haha. and i feel you on the wait on parts as well. I made the emitter to pressure fit into a .875" heat sink but everyone is out of stock so im stalled as far as progress is concerned :cry.

and thanks halliwax! Was pretty easy to do and still allows for lots of room in the sink tube. Im hoping to see if anyone else has done an install on one of these mini's because spacing will be tight to say the least!

I recently realized I never showed my completed Yoda VD Saber from last year, so here it is:
Notes:
1) The PEM nut is too low. I measured twice and drilled once, but measuring from the wrong location does no good. Oh well, it's just a Bosley.
2) The end cap knurl is messed up. I machined down the black anodizing and added the knurl. But the cap chattered during knurling, so it ended up a bit "gnarly"...
3) I'm also currently using the Lambo emitter that I recreated in 3D and had printed. I'll save the real wheel for a real Praco one day. (If I'd ever be so lucky)

And then there's the Service Flash I recently acquired. So close to the Bosley and Praco, but not quite...

My Yoda_1.JPGMy Yoda_2.JPGService.JPG

I recently realized I never showed my completed Yoda VD Saber from last year, so here it is:
Notes:
1) The PEM nut is too low. I measured twice and drilled once, but measuring from the wrong location does no good. Oh well, it's just a Bosley.
2) The end cap knurl is messed up. I machined down the black anodizing and added the knurl. But the cap chattered during knurling, so it ended up a bit "gnarly"...
3) I'm also currently using the Lambo emitter that I recreated in 3D and had printed. I'll save the real wheel for a real Praco one day. (If I'd ever be so lucky)

And then there's the Service Flash I recently acquired. So close to the Bosley and Praco, but not quite...

View attachment 698031View attachment 698032

looks spectacular. the whole point of a prop is that it looks good from 5 feet away. Yours looks good from at least 2 inches!

Nicely done Speed. the machining on the pommel looks great! how did you grab it when you lathed it? i am curious as i was thinking of doing the same to mine but because its externally threaded i couldn't see a good point to grab it on my lathe without messing up the threads.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back