Yet another new Star Trek movie announced... ad infinitum... ad nauseum...

I'm excited that Toby Haynes is involved, but I'm wondering how Kinberg fits into the creative direction. I feel like the next decade of Trek is going to get weird.

:sick: :sick:

We really need a vomiting emoji added for things like this.
Puke.gif

Star Trek film wishlist.

Can we have a film that focuses more on the mission than the interpersonal relationships between crewmembers? This is a starship, for goodness sake, not a high school.

The fate of the galaxy/Federation/human race/any race/future doesn't have to always be at stake. Scale it back.

The Enterprise doesn't have to be the only ship in the Federation that matters. I'd like to think there are other great captains of great starships. And what happened to teamwork?

Can we have the captain of the Enterprise persevere by following protocol instead of going rogue?

Please stop destroying The Enterprise.

Star Trek film wishlist.

Can we have a film that focuses more on the mission than the interpersonal relationships between crewmembers? This is a starship, for goodness sake, not a high school.

The fate of the galaxy/Federation/human race/any race/future doesn't have to always be at stake. Scale it back.

The Enterprise doesn't have to be the only ship in the Federation that matters. I'd like to think there are other great captains of great starships. And what happened to teamwork?

Can we have the captain of the Enterprise persevere by following protocol instead of going rogue?

Please stop destroying The Enterprise.
So, basically you're asking for Star Trek.

Trek has always worked best on TV. The Trek movies that worked well were exceptions.

It's structural issues. The two formats (movies versus TV) favor different kinds of characters & storytelling.

I agree with you. How many more made up dramas, filmed with kids right out of high school, with an older actor thrown in for good measure, and the words "Star Trek" slapped on it, in yet another "starship" with an extra nacelle glued on it in a place you wouldn't expect, do we have to endure? Enough is enough. No more "90210 In Space", not "Frasier in Space", please not "Star Wars in Star Trek in Space" and definately not another rehash of "My life as a teen orphan high school dropout, who's daddy was Thor, who after a bar fight, was admitted to SF Academy then went on to command a starship with a Bud Brewery on board". I wonder if someone is sitting on the Paramount board doing a straight Jon Peters saying "Put the starship up against a spider cuz, they're the fiercest killers in the animal kingdom!"? Enough, Paramount. Same goes with Star Wars. Trinity as a Jedi: God, please..........enough.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back