Y-Wing Parts Map for the "Green Leader" Project - open source

Re: Y-Wing Parts Map for the "Green Leader" Project

L1110583_a.jpg

I've noticed that Arii and Otaki seem to be named with each other. I'm thinking they used the same molds.

Arii is retooled.Otaki retooled it also.You want I believe the blue or white box.I'll try to post picture of my box later.As Julien said it's a hard one to find.

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Here ya go.
otaki 001.JPGDave

I am a bit preoccupied with a few things at the moment. Will try to update the first post this weekend with all the great new information everyone has submitted.

Arii is retooled.Otaki retooled it also.You want I believe the blue or white box.I'll try to post picture of my box later.As Julien said it's a hard one to find.

Dave

You can also look for the Otaki/Schreiber kit. It seems it was the german direct import/rebox of this kit

Tamiya 1/35 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen (8Rad) Sdkfz232
Lower Hull

Attachments

• 20160515_091831[1].jpg
    20160515_091831[1].jpg
    825.7 KB · Views: 176

I've been busy but I updated some of the maps recently and am working on a new one or two, have to clarify something on one before posting it. I hate accidentally posting a map with incorrect kit namings.

Revised Left Engine:
revised_leftengine.jpg

Updated Top Rear:
2PArVYS.jpg

Use post #125(hanomag piece not fully represented) OR #137 for the 00 Harrows assembly area. Pick your preference.

Last edited:

The text on some of the photos, especially "left rear engine", is too small to read. The system has processed them down from your original upload size.

I'm sorry if they seem too small. If you double click the image (click it once again after the initial click blows the image up) it will take you to a webpage that only the image is on. And on there your mouse should be come a magnifying glass type icon and then since these images are such high res you should be able to zoom in fairly far and see the text at quite a large size. I can redo the images with larger text later tonight but was trying to make the text tinier so they can be cropped easier and be placed in the first post of the thread more easily. Sorry to those having trouble with it!

Update for page1 image 2:
rearLeftDetail.jpg

The purple area is a piece of the casting for the cockpit firewall. I think it travels a bit more into the shadow but don't have a good image for it. The lime green centurion piece also comes a bit to the left. I'll probably end up coloring an image that shows that from a better angle. I don't have good original reference of the area above the 8rad piece. To the right of the Morgan piece is a junkers landing gear as well. Just have to use a better image to make it clear.

Also started this new image:
Any help appreciated! Is there confirmation on the toothpaste looking cap being from the hummel?
front_top_neck.jpg

Last edited:

Did a little work on some masters(not all parts glued on yet).Still need the P51 for the 8rad & need to cut the Jagdtiger tracks for the Kettenkrad.Now the Bandai part is throwing me.I used the one from the King Tiger,but it seems a little long & the shape maybe off.I think I heard it is from the Tiger I,is that right?

ywing masters 001.JPGywing masters 003.JPG

Dave

The tiger I part yields the same results you have. You'd have to trim it exactly how you did.

Thanks Scott.It's throwing me because if you look at the ref pictures it looks shorter?

Dave

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back