Wrist computer project

pelletta

Hi all, I have developed the electronic boards of the wrist computer for a friend and I decided to build my own bracelet. This is my very first project where I don't make only the electronic boards so I hope to get good results.
First of all I had to recreate my circuits in 3d and was not easy because I had to measure each component with a caliper to get the right dimensions.
That was a really important step because it lets me to model the external parts with good precision.
I don't have experience with clay or other techniques so I opted to build it in 3d. It may sounds insane but I'm going to buy a 3d printer this week and give it a try.
Updates coming soon

First pictures, the source image:

topSource.jpg

and my version:

top.jpg

I will make electronics at first, 3d parts are still not definitive.
You can suggest improvements if something is wrong or could be better

I was considering the prusa hephestos, but I have seen the manufacturer BQ is going to sell a new version, the hephestos 2.
I will take a decision when its price will be known to the customers.

Thank you all, I hope to begin soldering today.
Unfortunately I am still waiting for the delivery of some components and I cannot start

This video shows how my circuits work, I hope you like it.
As you can see there are two power connectors but I used only a battery pack.
When I will assemble the boards with the plastic parts if sound will be too low I can use a separate higher voltage battery for the onboard audio amplifier to get a louder sound

Thank you, I'm very happy to see you like my works.
I have begun the printing of the first part to see if I have a good alignment with the boards.

After four hour I got a low resolution model and it was fine so I printed the definitive part.
It takes about eleven hours!
If you don't believe me, watch the display at the beginning, it says speed 80%, 50% completed, 5:53 time elapsed.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back