Working Logan's Run DS gun. Small torch vs. chemical reaction?

Weapon?!?!?!?! LOL! The only way this can be used as a weapon is if you hit somebody with it.
Doesn’t matter what you or anyone thinks is a weapon. If it has an accelerant and a trigge, the ATF, most states and most of me and my badge carrying buddies :lol: consider it a weapon. Look, I’m not saying it’s right, or if it’s wrong, I’m pointing out what it is and what it isn’t. It’s the same reason I couldn’t have my Denix replica shipped into the state of Maryland. A replica! Some laws are the way they are because of the people we elect. That’s a different road I’m not going down. Like I said, I’m just pointing out what it is and what it isn’t based on what presented. You can draw your own conclusions.

"Weapon" is kind of a harsh word. I THINK what he was referring to ( and please correct me if I'm mistaken) is not a weapon in regards to hurting someone else but rather it could be considered as a weapon in the possibility of harming the user.

Each state is different as to how it defines a weapon. I mean exactly what I mean. When you literally add an accellerant to something that trigger, a hammer and what appears to be a rail, you potentially have a weapon that discharges that accelerant. In turn it can be modified from that point on to discharge other accelerants. I’m looking at it from a different point of view than every single one of you, I understand that and it probably makes me the most unpopular person ever lol. Bigger issues to worry about at this stage in my life. Like I said, I’m just pointing out the differences between a prop and what is not a prop according to what is presented based on my training. Doesn’t make this right or wrong. It’s cooler than Iron Man on Ice. Like Forest, that’s all I got to say about that. Lol just be careful and depending on your state or country I’d be careful where I’d build this.

It's an acetylene torch, nothing more, and a low pressure one at that. It has zero design to expel a projectile. It has less power than some cigarette lighters, lol. Weapon, HAH!

There is no hammer, lol. It has a valve much the same as a cigarette lighter.

I would love to see the ATF letter on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
So without the front nozzle to disperse the flame, it would just be a few single blast's of flame then (you'd of course still have to light it a different way since the glow plug would not be there).
flame blaster nozzle.jpg

Last edited:
Since Calcium Carbide is not soluble in water and only breaks down, how often does the gas
chamber need to be cleaned out for the next firing and does the reaction to water produce heat?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back