Wood Harry Potter Wand Replicas_update 10-31-11...

Re: Wood Harry Potter Wand Replicas_update Wormtail's Wand

Again, absolutely beautiful work......so when will you have some for sale :confused

Indeed, very stunning. Absolutely marvelous work. What other gems are you keeping from us I wonder? ':)

Hello, please be patient if you sent me an e-mail I will get back to you.
My ebony came in so here it is:
Wormtail (Peter Petigrew) is 15" and is made of Gaboon Ebony, no finish yet just buffed on the wheel. One of my top favorites, to bad Noble didn't make one, hmm.
(Pictures deleted see newer post for updated pics.)
Many have asked where did I find reference? Well I found a good pic in a poster book @ Barnes & Noble bookstore from one angle, then I found several good pics from different angles at Harry Wikipedia, and I pieced it together (wand forensics), I don't know exactly what it looks like but I bet its pretty close. I held the wand in the same pose as the references and took pictures to it to match it up. As I learned from the first Grindelwald wand I did, you should have many angles not just one.

A lot more to come keep checking in...

Last edited:

Here is another quick one will post up details soon..
The Patil Sisters (Padma and Parvati) wands.
6118902963_b20dd6a891_b.jpg

Fantastic work Heir!! Marvelous. As for 'too bad Noble didn't make one', sir I do not believe they are finished releasing wands! At least I certainly HOPE they are not, but I find that very doubtful.

How did you find out what Padma's wand looks like?

Newer Harry Potter Wand, still 14" and Mahogany as well, thanks to Eviltig on youtube for the hd turn arround vids. I am happy about this one now, very comfortable to hold, and I am working on a broken Harry wand with red pheonix feathers sticking out from the core of the wand.
6119436342_1cfcbd6b21_b.jpg

6118889945_2625fe6afc_z.jpg

6118890255_96aed956b5_z.jpg

6118890499_15c6eec1fe_z.jpg

Here is Parvati Patil's wand, its 14" and Mahogany, its comfortable to hold if done right, otherwise the claws poke your hand. I thought this was such an interesting design something totally left of field from the others, this one took a lot of pre-planning to do.
6119462130_68741c89ca_b.jpg

6119461568_16171eea84_z.jpg

6119461916_794976dc45_z.jpg

Amazing detail on these new ones. I didn't think you could get much better than your previous attempts, but these are stunning.

The design of this I hated at first but actually holding and waving it around like he did in the movie it grew on me a lot.
Voldemort's wand 14.5" and its made of Holly, enlarged the proportions a bit from the first one I did, and of course the bent shaft as well. I am making a batch of these from Hickory because I cannot find Holly anywhere right now , I will compare the two when I'm finished. I studied a piece of deer antler to paint this one, so much of the surface details are washed out and lost in the pic, might have to reshoot this one in the future.
6118896405_a4a7640a94_b.jpg

6119441802_f8f7700f8b_b.jpg

Updated Bellatrix wand as well. At first I made it the size it states in the book ay 12 3/4" (from tip of wand straight across to bottom of handle), I had some suggestions to make it bigger so I did. The new length is just over 14" across, and as always its made of Walnut like in the book. I am finishing up a batch of these to go out, so if you sent me a pm I will be contacting you shortly.
Her second wand is made of White Oak and is over 14" in length, very boring design wise, I just had to do it though.
6119413586_18031ec461_b.jpg

Last edited:

you perfect harry's wand! when I have enough money I'm definitely buying wands from you

Here's another one..
Luna Lovegood's Wand Set: 1st wand 15" made from cherry with burned leaves and acorns, and her 2nd wand is 13.5" cherry as well. I am not happy with the color of her first wand because I have watched you tube videos of it and it looks greenish, anyone who owns one could you please help with coloring ideas/tips.
6122745226_02a487323e_b.jpg

Everyone thanks for looking/posting on my thread.

I have updated my flickr site with alot of new photos, checkem out and leave comments here please. I will be uploading more this weekend including Cedric Diggory's, James Potter, Victor Krum's, and Xenophilius Lovegood's to name a few.

On the workbench right now is Slughorn's Wand, Fluer Delacour, Lockhart's, and because I have had so many requests, I am carving a close as possible replica of Hermiones Vine wand from Lignum Vitae wood. Yes I bought a few noble collection wands to see what the hype was about. I was excited to receive my wands in the mail, and I was impressed by the paint jobs at least the ones I got, Hermiones and the Snatcher wand. Very realistic and they feel solid but still feel like plastic. I have also got to view someone elses large collection of Noble wands, and one thing I learned was that in the beginning I as trying to make them too perfect, sanding them down smooth trying to get rid of imperfections which was a mistake. With each wand I learn something new and want to keep moving forward.

I will be starting a blog soon showcasing my own designs/experiments as well, and I will post up link when its finished. I am also working trying to get everyone's orders done and out the door in a timely manner and replying to e-mails. I am trying to build stock to sell in the Junkyard as well. Please be patient.

Thanks!!
Jeff

Heir, if you're looking for a way to get greener wood for luna's, you could use Lignum Vitae wood...
Or did you mean you wanted better pictures of it? (sorry I'm no help with that).

Zlurpo,
I did actually make one from lignum but it took about five hours to burn the wood because of the oils in lignum vitae, won't do that again I will stick with burning domestic woods. I was thinking more along the lines of a stain or drybrush technique to age or weather it. Thanks though.

True, LV is weird, and the oil in it makes for some interesting times. It turns the steel on my lathe blue wherever it touched it. Weird.

These just keep looking better and better, thanks for the additional pics, really makes me want to start collecting these!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back