Wood Harry Potter Wand Replicas_update 10-31-11...

I'm a new member lurking around drooling at all of the quality props, but more specifically wand replicas. I have been obsessed/addicted to finding as much info on the different characters wands as possible. I wanted a wand that felt like how I imagined they would be when reading the books/watching the movies. Something that felt like a wand not a piece of plastic. I started making them at Christmas time as presents for son/daughter/nieces/nephews and they were such a big hit and a lot of fun to make, I started to research the different character wands in the movies/books. I bought a lathe in March of this year and have been hooked ever since, now I am designing my own as well. Using various hardwoods domestic and exotic. I wanted to showcase my collection here to people who would appreciate them and to get peoples opinions/critiques as well. So on with show.
Enjoy!

Ginny's wand: approx 15.5" made of gaboon ebony (no stains just wood).

Dumbledore's Elder wand: approx 15" made of brown ebony (no stains, just white paint w/carved ruins filled in w/black wax.)

Professor Snape's wand: 13.5" made of gaboon ebony (no stains just wood)((celtic design was too difficult to hand carve so I just made a texture to give an impression. I have access to a laser engraver and will try using that to make the design next time)).

Last edited:
Re: Wood Harry Potter Wand Replicas

Here are some more-
Bellatrix Lestrange's wand: approx. 13" made of walnut w/hand carved ruins.

Madeye Moody's wand: 11" made of macassar ebony (no stains just wood).

Neville Longbottom's wand 1&2: both are 13" made of cherry w/hand carved handle.

McGonagall's wand: approx. 16" made of white birch (crystal on the end is made of wood as well, couldn't find right size of gem).

Last edited:

and some more as well-

Harry & Hermione first movie wands (two sets):
Both Harrys' wand: approx. 14" made of mahogany.
Both Hermione's wand: approx. 13" made of white birch (stained w/oil and water based stains).

Harry's Wand: 14" made of cocobolo handle and bloodwood shaft (no stains).

Draco Malfoy's wand 1 : 14" made of mahogany.
Draco Malfoy's wand 2 : 14" made of white birch (stained w/oil and water based stains).

some others-

Arthur Weasley's wand: 15" made of stained white birch (You can clearly see this wand in the Order of the Phoenix when he is attacked by Nagini in Harry's dream, watch it frame by frame).

Cornelius Fudge's wand 1&2: 15" made from one piece of white birch (the orbs have spaced indentations in them that are hand carved and painted w/off-white acrylic paint and the fist one has acrylic gemstones inserted into the holes.)((This wand can be clearly seen in the Goblet Of Fire at the opening of the quidditch world cup scene in the beginnig of the movie.))

Professor Lupin's wand: 14" made of birch and the second one cherry (still trying to get this one the right exact shape, will keep trying).

nice collection Olli and love your handy work too

the Noble series have nothing on your Wooden carved ones.

any chance of making a Hermione with a LED tip?

and finally some made up designs-

The first two wands are what I imagine an Auror's wand could be:
Both are 15' made of white birch (colored with oil/water based stains and acrylic paints, the second one has brass tacks inserted, I thought it might look cool.)

The other two might be Deatheaters:
Both are 15" made of bloodwood.

Mersenne_ sorry the only one I won't even attempt is Hermione's vine carved wand, although I have been working on a light up prototype snape wand, not even close top being able to work though trying to figure out to fit everything inside the wooden handle.

I am currently working on Sirius Black's wand, and a Ron Weasleys Wand, and pine cone exploded handle one (Fred or George?).
The one I am finishing today is an obscure wand seen only briefly, its the Durmsprang student wand in the beginning of TGOF where he blows flames from the tip of it (a special request).

Oh and these two prototypes-

Umbridge's wand: 14" made of oak (plastic marble inside has metal rod drilled through).

Cho Chang's wand: 15" made of bloodwood ( still haven't got the designs on the sides accurate yet , will try again).

Nice collection of wands, your replica's look amazing. And i agree with the fact that wands aren't supposed to feel plastic !
Are you also going to recreate Slughorns' wand ?

Very nice!

I saw you selling some on ebay a few weeks ago and saved you as a favorite seller thinking I would have to get one or two of them in the future.

Thanks for the comments! I mainly do these for myself but I do make and sell them ebay as well. Each is hand crafted and no two are exactly alike. They are alot of fun to do, and addicting also. Right now I am making sirius black, another few ginny weasleys, voldemort, luna lovegood, cedric, and professor flitwick. I have thought about a slughorn and the pine cone handle one (either fred or george weasley) but still trying to work out the kinks. In the future I might sell them here as well.

Now what would really be interesting, is if ou made Lord Voldermort's wand out of bone!

GREAT pieces!!! I'd love to get my hands on one of Harry's wands in REAL wood! Any Ebay links???

I didn't see any up on ebay at the moment. His ebay name is shmoop2003, so you can check back.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back