WIP - Arkham Knight model for Pepakura

Any new updates on your model, Bandiet?

I was a bit slow in getting the file to DarkJester so that he can work his magic, but he has tackled the unfold and also built the model to check scaling... and as you pointed out, the indents on the ears need to go ( Shoulda listened to you... Lol ).

Other than that and some advice on modelling the individual parts, his feedback has been positive... so it looks like we've got ourselves a build.

Shouldn't be too long now...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks bud... been watching your Arkham Knight build, looking awesome. The link for the pep file will be posted on the first post of this thread... coming soon.

thanks! much flattered :lol. . will also check on this post every now and then. now if i have 2 bodies, i will cosplay arkham knight and batman together XD

Wow ! All version of the "Arkham Knight Helmet" i have seen are really awesome. Keep us abreast of the evolution of your helmet's build. Give us some pics. I'm really eager to begin this pep. And sorry, really sorry, because my english is so bad (i'm working on it too).... Looking foward to seeing your progress. :D

That is a thing of beauty right there, buddy. GREAT WORK! :thumbsup I will definitely be keeping an eye on your progress on how this build comes along. :)

Thanks !!!!!! im trying to be beater and beater in my builds ... here another builds that im on

IMG_20140922_125519.jpg
IMG_20140922_212755.jpg

Busy with my last adjustments to the unfold file... some tabs to be resized etc. Picking up some small changes as I build.

Nice rainy day today... perfect for climbing into and hopefully completing the build.

Once that's done and the pep file is fine tuned, the link will posted. Aiming for tomorrow at the latest.

uploadfromtaptalk1411803585097.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1411803629842.jpg

I'll post progress pics as I go along...

After you've been a member for 90 days AND have at least 50 posts, you will be AUTOMATICALLY, but NOT INSTANTANEOUSLY promoted from a "New Member" to a "Full Access Member". The process can take up to 24 hours after meeting both requirements.

Please DO NOT post in this thread unless:

It has been at least 24 hours since meeting both requirements, and you account has not been upgraded.

OR

You joined prior to 4/5/2007, and you have less than 50 posts. Members who've joined prior to 4/5/2007 are exempt from these limitations and are not considered "New Members" regardless of post count. Post in this thread and we will manually upgrade your account.

Thanks,
The RPF Staff

Thanks, I've earned new respect for guys that create models and the guys that unfold them. Small details which seem trivial or are overlooked can make a build a nightmare.

The indent over the "nose" which runs from the one eye to the other could have been 1 or 2 mm wider... my clumsy fingers and thin strips of cardstock are not mates... but got it done. I'll post an update pic in an hour or so...

arkham knight helmet.jpgarkhma knggh face.jpg
just a little warping (but thats my fault) already chased it with rondo now just waiting for cure and then its the famous sanding and smoothing time sigh gonna have to figure out how to extend the curve all the way to the back as far as necessary to get it accurate

Picked up major flaw with the pep file... the upper jaw section has unfolded incorrectly for some reason... to the extent that nothing lines up. I'd imagine that the error iminates from the 3D file rather than Pepakura... so that definitely needs to be fixed, which is fine because the indent over the top also needs to be made a little wider... that was a nightmare to put together.

Was hoping to have this done and dusted today, but that's unfortunately not going to happen... sorry guy's.

This is how far I've managed to get before coming across the problem area.

uploadfromtaptalk1411911930573.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1411911951769.jpg

It looks marvelous, though! Sorry to hear about the aliment issues. From what little dabbling I've done, Pep can be very difficult to make work the way you want when you're dealing with very complex curves and hard lines.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back