Just under a year ago I begun production on my Arkham Origins/Knight Deathstroke foam build. I'd been posting progress pics and updates on my instagram but thought it was time to make a thread here about making it.
There are still minor things I am fixing with it and want to change but I still consider it a finished build. Definitely recommend looking at my Instagram because im much more active on there https://www.instagram.com/capitalcosplayx/
My main source of reference came from Prime1studio's extremely detailed statue.
This build was mainly created off Pepcowboy's pepakura files ripped from the Arkham game models, along with some freehand for areas of the suit such as the abs, midsection, knees and sword sheath. The only thing I purchased was the helmet from Xcoser which I ended up repainting the textured side to match the blue on the suit. I intend to 3D print the helmet when I get my 3D printed running again because the Xcoser helmet is scaled up too much so it looks a little too much like a bobble head.
- The neck seal is a modified foam Iron man neck seal.
Before production I had already decided I was gonna give it the physical texture it appears to have in the game rather than just doing a carbon fiber type paint job. I did this the easiest way possible which was the reverse side of the EVA Foam floor mats. Basically every part of the suit that was going to be blue would have this texture, and everything that was orange would use the smooth surface.
The pepakura build itself was pretty straight forward, but the freehand portion was interesting because before now I'd never done any freehand build. The abs along with the entire belt section that sits under the abs was freehanded. I also ended up freehanding the knees just because I was struggling to get the right shape from the pepakura files.
Getting everything to sit right and stay where I want it was difficult and I'm still tweaking things like the traps.
I started the build by making the chest and back pieces. These were soon followed by the shoulders/biceps and then abs. The only part of the suit I seemed to have problems with were the Forearms. I think this may have been from using the textured foam which is 10mm thick, making it look a bit bulky and out of proportion. I ended up trimming the paper templates to make the forearms slimmer, but I'm still not entirely happy with how they look. I may go back and remake them and make them larger than I have now, but still smaller than my first bulky attempt.
The gloves used were just cheap motorcycle gloves.
Living in Australia I have no direct access to any firearm related equipment which this suit used a lot of. I used empty lip balm containers for shotgun shells because they were close enough to the right size and shape. The black strip that holds the 6 shells on the shoulder was purchased off Aliexpress, this was glued ontop of a longer piece of 50mm webbing to match the reference material - LINK to the product:
As for the gun holster I also found this on Aliexpress for around $15-20. The holster I purchased was for a Glock (I think) even though the one in the game is for a Desert Eagle, these can also be found on Aliexpress.
The under suit I used was originally made by 'Costumereplicacave'on Instagram, who also lives in Australia. I came across a thread he started years ago, before the game was even released when he was working on the suit himself but was never completed. He was kind enough to sell me the 2 he had printed and was really kind and helpful.
The sword handle was a 3D file I found on thingiverese by Kryptaos which I printed and then made a blade out of wood that I sanded and used a dremel to give the edge on it.
The sword sheath and strapping was interesting to make. I basically worked out the size and shape I needed to make the sheath and then outlined the center where the sword blade itself would go. I then spent ages sanding out a groove on both sides of foam so the sword could slide in before gluing the two peices ontop of each other. The actual strap itself was made by gluing a leather belt on top of some 50mm webbing, then using nails for the metal rivet look than run along the leather. All the tactical pouches were bought off aliexpress along with a small silver torch that i used between the two variations. At the bottom of the belt leather part, I 3D printed a square which i attached a 50mm buckle to, this is how I attach the whole sheath accessory to the suit without it falling off. As for the opposite end of the belt, it just gets tucked in under the back.
The most recent thing I've been doing to the suit now is adding some battle damage. Most of this is done just using a dremel and digging into the foam, the rest of the damage was made with an X-acto/staple knife. Then I went over it with silver sharpie. I want to do a light black wash over the entire build to make it look more worn.