WIP - Arkham Knight model for Pepakura

Looks nice! more detail on the chin though.
Thanks bud... I did start the version 2 helmet which was a bit more detailed, but still need to get it done... just been having a rough time getting time in front of the pc... uploadfromtaptalk1430756222695.jpeg
Sorry, not the clearest pic...

Hey bandiet. let me just first say, that your work is awesome, and i'm a big fan. I built the ver. 1 of the helmet in like a day and a half hehe and doing the chest as i'm typing. just re-stocking resin before i can get more work done.. But i was just wondering, if your ver. 2 (nice renders btw!) have any major structural differences from the current ver. 1, things that have gotten clearer from newly released photos or is it only outer details like screws and stuff, that one would normally add afterwards anyway? :) thanks. (first post btw, been lurking around the forums a loooooong time haha)

Hey bandiet. let me just first say, that your work is awesome, and i'm a big fan. I built the ver. 1 of the helmet in like a day and a half hehe and doing the chest as i'm typing. just re-stocking resin before i can get more work done.. But i was just wondering, if your ver. 2 (nice renders btw!) have any major structural differences from the current ver. 1, things that have gotten clearer from newly released photos or is it only outer details like screws and stuff, that one would normally add afterwards anyway? :) thanks. (first post btw, been lurking around the forums a loooooong time haha)
hey welcome to the gang, got any pics of your progress? check out my research / progress thread in my signature, i believe there are guys on facebook putting this together also

Thanks smoshmouth, I really appreciate it. The differences between the v1 and v2 are as follows :

The v2 is slightly slimer ( hope I've spelt that right ). The v1 had too much of a bobble head shape lol

I managed to get some more detail into the back end of the helmet, granted alot of it was from my point of view, as there arent that many shots of the back of the helmet.

The "ear pieces" have been remodeled to be as snug with the helmet as I could get them.

And the jaw has been slighty altered.

ONE day when I get to tackle the v2 properly, I will release a basic pep friendly version as well as a 3d print version which will have the finer details like the screws etc added.

Thanks for the support and happy building, and I really would recommend that you take a look at Stigmorgan's thread for more info on the rest of the suit, he's really been digging deep into the Arkham Knight build, so it's a good reference point.

hey welcome to the gang, got any pics of your progress? check out my research / progress thread in my signature, i believe there are guys on facebook putting this together also

thanks for the replies and the nice welcome guys. sorry, don't have any pictures, i won't be home for about a week where i left it. oh wow, Stigmorgan that looks awesome, can't wait to see the full suit done!!

Thanks smoshmouth, I really appreciate it. The differences between the v1 and v2 are as follows :

The v2 is slightly slimer ( hope I've spelt that right ). The v1 had too much of a bobble head shape lol

I managed to get some more detail into the back end of the helmet, granted alot of it was from my point of view, as there arent that many shots of the back of the helmet.

The "ear pieces" have been remodeled to be as snug with the helmet as I could get them.

And the jaw has been slighty altered.

ONE day when I get to tackle the v2 properly, I will release a basic pep friendly version as well as a 3d print version which will have the finer details like the screws etc added.

Thanks for the support and happy building, and I really would recommend that you take a look at Stigmorgan's thread for more info on the rest of the suit, he's really been digging deep into the Arkham Knight build, so it's a good reference point. 

Thank you so much for the elaborate response, i think i'll wait for the ver 2. then, no pressure haha :D i only have the time to finish the build in this summer break anyways. i know it would bug me immensely if i knew, that the shape wasn't quite right ;) loving the work

Thank you so much for the elaborate response, i think i'll wait for the ver 2. then, no pressure haha :D i only have the time to finish the build in this summer break anyways. i know it would bug me immensely if i knew, that the shape wasn't quite right ;) loving the work
No problem bud... just a heads up, my time that I've had available for modeling work has been severely constrained over the last fews months and although I have touched on the v2 model here and there, I cant confirm when it'll be available at this point... but I should post an update in the next week or so. Thanks again for the support.

Just caught up Bandiet, great work mate. I never carried on with the modelling on the Knight, but I have started picking up a bit more modelling stuff and am now using 123d Design more often! Still novice of course. And obviously you've heard of Stigs request to me, so it'll be great to see what i can do with your models in another format! I test printed a section last night for him and it has printed out quite well - great design work man!

Just caught up Bandiet, great work mate. I never carried on with the modelling on the Knight, but I have started picking up a bit more modelling stuff and am now using 123d Design more often! Still novice of course. And obviously you've heard of Stigs request to me, so it'll be great to see what i can do with your models in another format! I test printed a section last night for him and it has printed out quite well - great design work man!
Hey Fawbish, good to hear from bud. I've lost a few months of modeling time unfortunately, but getting back into it slowly... glad to hear you're carrying on with the modeling on your side, you were going ace's with the AK model... to be honest, I used your shots of the gauntlets as reference when I started tackling them. Will be awesome to see how they turn out printed. Keep well that side bud, thanks again for the kind words...

Can someone be kind enought to help me with the rescale? I try to change it only to end up building a helmet way to big. What is the stock size of the helmet?

Help please this is my firs ever build.

Last edited:
Measure the width of your head and then use the adjust scale function to change the width to suit that, just remember that the width of the helmet is taken from the widest part so you need to allow for that.

That's exactly how I did it the first time mate. I took my measurements from ear to ear that I know already since I am a Pro R&D motorcycle test driver and I have several motorcycle helmets that have been made specifically for my head that is (23 ½") that is Small size in a motorcycle full face helmet I convert that to Mm and Use the Change Scale....And It turns out to be stupidly Big...I even made the formula divided by 86 and did not print it cause I knew it was big.

So I decide to print it back again stock as the file is and build it so that I can have a physical idea. That turns out to be big to for me...it is my guess that the file is for a Medium almost large helmet.

Im starting to think that somehow my Pep Designer software has some issues with the Scale accuracy as it happen the same with the arkham armor parts.

So I decide to go another route and instead use the Increase or Decrease Scale in 10% increments. That turns out to work for me.

On monday I print the back armor Increase by 40% and was a perfect fit. Yesterday I print the Chest part Increase by 30% and was perfect to.

So for the helmet I figure that a 20% Decrease will solve it. I haven't start it yet...since I was really **** with helmet so I move to the armor to calm down.20150519_233655-1.jpg

Last edited:
Your chest and back are really clean and sharp, great work should look dam fine when your finished. Sizing is a pain, ive had to scrap my bicep pieces because standard size is way too small and I think the shin may be a little small also but wont know until I finish building it. The hand plate and shoulder pad had to be resized a little also but I have those right first time. Just a note on the shoulders, the face is on the site inside so you may want to swap tue folds cor this one to avoid the inside out look 20150515_174431.jpg

Thanks mate...to tell you the truth I use your pictures as reference so It was thanks to you. just in case you didn't notice I added a extra columm on the beginning of the spine cause I did not like the space from the upper back to the spine protector.. I finish one bicep and Im currently finishing the second. For the shoulder I decided to go on another route and I'm making the shoulders from the Old repuplic comando armors. Im mixing a few other parts.

Question I notice that the Shin Guard is for the Right Leg. Is there a way to invert it for the Left Side and print it? Or am I gonna need to go old school and build it backwards?20150520_235627-1.jpg

Pepakura has an invert pattern function in the 2d menu. You will have to rearrange the parts yourself once you do this but its not hard to do.

Hey! I've been using Pepakura for a while now... And this is the FIRST FREE Arkham Knight Pepakura file. For some reason I can not download the file.
Can you just send it to me? graytail.2001@hotmail.com

- - - Updated - - -

Hey! I've been using Pepakura for a while now... And this is the FIRST FREE Arkham Knight Pepakura file. For some reason I can not download the file.
Can you just send it to me? graytail.2001@hotmail.com

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back