WIP - Arkham Knight model for Pepakura

I wish i had a 3d printer too!!! Mind you i have a hard enough time with pepakura so the whole blender/3d printing thing would probably be complicated for me lol. I started on the foam versions right now that Durkness provided and even that has been a challenge in a way for me!! Everyone keep up the good work, it provides me inspiration lol!!!

Good idea bud...  I'll put a link to the thread on the facebook page as well, there are a few guys that might be able to share some ideas and info.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
thanks Bandiet thats great, i dont use facebook but hopefully some of those guys will venture over here and share their thoughts and opinions.

Thought I'd share the progress on the shins...

uploadfromtaptalk1423038038051.jpg

nice!! I thought I was making good progress with my foam helmet last night and it seems I'm just slacking lol. When i have some better progress pics I will post them here to show if you don't mind.

nice!! I thought I was making good progress with my foam helmet last night and it seems I'm just slacking lol. When i have some better progress pics I will post them here to show if you don't mind.

No problem at all bud... anyone can post anything Arkham Knight related here. I've got no issues or hang up's.

Looking forward to seeing the build

Guys please remember that Durkness has been doing the foam unfolds as a favour and when he had the time... he does have his own projects and things that he needs to attend to.

No boubt, someone out there is already converting the file to foam so they'll be floating around soon enough lol.

Having said that, I also can't imagine that the gauntlets are an easy foam unfold ( hell, the paper unfold was a nightmare and I created that monstrosity )... I may be wrong, seeing I just can't seem to wrap my head around the foam unfold concept lol.

In essence, thank you all for the support, your input and your patience, although I picked up the pace a bit the last two weeks, this still has been a very long project. Almost done...

I'm actually trying to convert the back into foam templates, mainly because i have a con to go to in 5 months, and building in foam will be quicker than regular pep. Now i am nowhere near as skilled as durkness is, he is on another level, but if i am able to get a decent foam template i can share here.

I'm actually trying to convert the back into foam templates, mainly because i have a con to go to in 5 months, and building in foam will be quicker than regular pep. Now i am nowhere near as skilled as durkness is, he is on another level, but if i am able to get a decent foam template i can share here.

At least you're giving it a shot, I take one look at it in pepakura and want to run for the hills lol. The share would be great... thanks bud and good luck with the unfold.

I realize Durkness was doing that with his own time but the level of his unfolds versus mine puts me to shame. But in no way am I saying he needs to jump to it. I just love the way he thinks.

I do have a lot I'm usually working on but I'm on the road today. I should be able to get them posted tonight. That gauntlet does look interesting broken down.... going to have to keep an eye on the model when you are actually building it.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

Thanks again for helping with the foam unfolds Durkness... I really appreciate the help with it.

One more part to go then the Arkham Knight is done and dusted. If all goes well, the shins should be done by early next week at the latest...

Durkness you are incredible!!! Saved me so much time with your foam templates, plus my attempt wasn't going very well lol. Definitely learning by looking at your templates. I think once im done with foam, im going to absolutely try the regular pep method as well. Although i kinda wish i was technology inclined then i would do the 3d printer version, but with that stuff i have no clue lol

The shins are done and are in the process of being unfolded.... Keep an eye out around Sunday. We've been told this weekend is going to be a ball ache in terms of power supply, so I'm holding thumbs.

uploadfromtaptalk1423231668618.jpg

Definitely... Thats where all this started and although the version 1 model came out alright ( sorta )... I haven't really been happy with it, especially after I did the physical build.

The rest of the suit has been a good learning mechanism for me, so it's time to apply what I've learnt to the best part of the Arkham Knight lol.

looking amazing bandiet, progress with the undersuit is slow as we have been unable to find any trousers that match so looks like we'll have to get creative, smartin102 and myself are thinking of using black/dark grey trousers and textile paint to get the red camo look, the jacket is posing the biggest issue as nothing we have found so far comes even close as there are at least 3 different materials involved, we may have to fabricate something ourselves and hope for the best.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back