What's a costume not at a Con?

IAmTheStig

I want to know what everyone's costume that they either want to see, or haven't been able to build that they would like to at DragonCon, ComicCon, etc. I'm trying to figure out a unique costume to build because I'm tired of showing up thinking I'll be the only one with a certain costume and then there's 40 in the lobby...

I've got one, I'm thinking of building the Iron-Spiderman suit from the Civil War series...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3260/2589045811_03a4565ffd.jpg

I for one have never seen a "Jen-Diki" costume from that terrible film "The Time Guardian"
at any convention. And although the film was made in Australia the "Jen-Diki" costume is very cool looking. I was lucky ( or Sad enuff ) to pick up one that had been sitting on some ones farm since the film and now I own one of the real costumes from the film. It's huge ! But I would never wear it at a convention.

Matt Tracker costume from the M.A.S.K.

matt_bio1-343x271.jpg

Last edited:
i AM sean connery

so, how much xD

Oh! Well then....for Zardoz Sean lol....hmmmm.....$5 and a pic with a pretty lady. Considering the pic would be taken at a con as per the thread I'll probably be broke having spent all money on my costume hahahaha! But hey!!! $5!!

Hahaha, I'd wear it. That way I could go around sleeping with any girls with idioms for names, which luckily is EVERY-SINGLE woman in sci-fi! So long as I used the cheesiest one-liner pickups possible.

I'm not sure if it's really a Con type of costume, but I've decided that I want to start on a "The Tick" costume... I will totally rock it at Comic Con next year (but if you're in LA, please don't wear it this halloween... I wan't to be original!)

Oh! Well then....for Zardoz Sean lol....hmmmm.....$5 and a pic with a pretty lady. Considering the pic would be taken at a con as per the thread I'll probably be broke having spent all money on my costume hahahaha! But hey!!! $5!!
well if you get me a plane ticket there and back again from europe, then we have a deal :D

Any of the incarnations of Matt Wagner's Grendel. not seen any other than my own attempt. 'Prime' would be the hardest (and most impressive)

You guys seem so spoiled :lol :lol Seeing as cosplay in The Netherlands is pretty much low-level and boring. There are tons of things which haven't been done on conventions here.

It's always flooded with Naruto and stuff. :lol

That's one thing I have to hate at conventions is going to one where 75% of the costumes are crappy anime ones made in China that ususally the person will enter the costume contest, and walk away with top prize over a person that made it themselves.

Okay been thinking about this, came up with a few ideas:

Nomad, Marvel Comics (any incarnation)

Dr. Destiny, DC Comics (just watched the JLU episode with him)

Shaft, Image Comics (for that matter anybody from Youngblood, heck most of that first generation of Image characters, ShadowHawk included)

Jayca from Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors (yeah, starting to show my age)

Any of the Galaxy Rangers

Bravestarr

Any of the Centurions

Any of the Tigersharks

Last Starfighter

The Phantom

Devil, Dynamite Entertainment

Any of the puppets from the Puppet Master franchise

Okay, I think that's more than enough to pick through XD

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back