What Should Indiana Jones Go After Next

That is, assuming the person really IS russian. I'm getting the impression more and more that they may indeed NOT be from Russia.
I'm sure their mother's personage can still be called into question though.
like below...
marx-yomama.jpg

"Hackers, I hate these guys!"

Indiana Jones and the Big Block Of Cheese! nah, that stinks.

Indiana Jones and the Missing Computer Chip! nah, computers were big as houses then.

Indiana Jones and the Treasure Of Cuba! Hmmm. Jones travels to find a mysterious treasure in Cuba, only to find it's a young Fidel Castro. too controversial?

Indiana Jones and the Missing Sidekicks! Jones tries to locate where all his sidekicks have gone. THAT'S IT!!!

In the bible it says Moses was buried at mount Nebo but nobody knows where. That would fit in with the ark!!

From the King James version:

1 And Moses went up from the plains of Moab unto the mountain of Nebo, to the top of Pisgah, that is aover against Jericho. And the Lord shewed him all the land of Gilead, unto Dan,
2 And all Naphtali, and the land of Ephraim, and Manasseh, and all the land of Judah, unto athe utmost sea,
3 And the asouth, and the plain of the valley of bJericho, the city of palm trees, unto Zoar.
4 And the Lord said unto him, This is the land which I asware unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, saying, I will give it unto thy seed: I have caused thee to see it with thine eyes, but thou shalt not go over thither.
5 ¶So aMoses the servant of the Lord bdied there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the Lord.
6 And he aburied him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Beth-peor: but no man knoweth bof his csepulchre unto this day.

So, nobody knew and nobody knows where Moses' body is. Though not a great story to find a skeleton, which is why KOCS totally sucked, it's an interesting mystery.

Still, leave these movies alone! Loved the first two Mummy movies because they had the same feel as Indiana Jones, but we're better served by new stories with new characters.

HF is too old, GL can't write worth crap, and SS would probably rather move on, too.

"A Long Time Ago, in a Galaxy far, far away..."

A ship known as the Millennium Falcon blasted into hyperspace, never to be heard from again...

... in the late 1960's, a time of political and social unrest and the height of the Love Generation, the massive music festival Woodstock was used as a cover for for the excavation of a UFO that supposedly crashed long before the one in Roswell.

Enter Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones. Older, wiser, but still the same old Indy...

*That* my friends, is the summary for "Indiana Jones goes Solo - the last Flight of the Falcon"

Call me insane..... My shrink does. But I think the franchise needs some new found respect and get away from the supernatural and alternate religious parts. I'm a huge follower of Wilhelm Reich and his Orgone science. Doing an Indiana jones in the early 60's where maybe the discovery of Reich's technologies and inventions are unearthed and utilized for cloudbusting, origin of life or even the cancer diagnosing and treatment. Not only would this give a new respect for the series but also bring Reich's work into public view. Maybe not the right content? I dunno. Check out Reich's work if you have never looked into it. Gotta be open minded but if you are his stuff is really eye opening.

Ideas for another Indiana Jones movie

If they do ever decide to resurrect the film franchise for one more round, what story line could they do?

I thought it would be fun to kick ideas around here and pick the great minds here to see what you think could be a good direction to take, what would most likely be, the last with Harrison.

I will start:

While they like to find new items to hunt in each film, I would love to see them return to the past. I think it would be great if Indy's last quest was also the first we had seen. From the moment he lost the Golden Idol and told Marcus that he still wanted to get it, there has been an unresolved story line. It would be nice to bring the whole story of Indy in full circle and he finally gets the idol. Sure, there could be interwoven adventure in there, but his career is not complete (in his mind) until that resides in a museum.

So what would you guys like to see?

Re: Ideas for another Indiana Jones movie

Honestly, I'd be happy to see Indy doing almost anything as long as Shia isn't in it.

I know I made mention of this in an idea I had for what I would do for a Ghostbusters 3, but I think it could work better for the next film: Indiana Jones and The Tablet of Destinies. Why? Supposedly, whoever possessed the tablet ruled the universe. Wouldn't that be a greater risk than any of the previous artifacts used in the film?

Re: Ideas for another Indiana Jones movie

If they do ever decide to resurrect the film franchise for one more round, what story line could they do?

I thought it would be fun to kick ideas around here and pick the great minds here to see what you think could be a good direction to take, what would most likely be, the last with Harrison.

I will start:

While they like to find new items to hunt in each film, I would love to see them return to the past. I think it would be great if Indy's last quest was also the first we had seen. From the moment he lost the Golden Idol and told Marcus that he still wanted to get it, there has been an unresolved story line. It would be nice to bring the whole story of Indy in full circle and he finally gets the idol. Sure, there could be interwoven adventure in there, but his career is not complete (in his mind) until that resides in a museum.

So what would you guys like to see?

To do that though they would have to re write the history of the Golden Idol since Indy found it again when Marcus Brody was alive.

Chachapoyan Fertility Idol - Indiana Jones Wiki - Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, Last Crusade, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Young Indy, and more!

Call me insane..... My shrink does. But I think the franchise needs some new found respect and get away from the supernatural and alternate religious parts.

You're insane. :lol

Seriously though, the best Indy films have at least two things in common:
- Judeo-Christian artifact
- Nazis (he hates these guys...)

When you stray from the formula, you get, well, Crystal Skull.

Earlier in life, I considered a film where The Doctor (Doctor Who) enlists the help of Indiana Jones, Master Chief, and Iron Man to help him find Noah's Ark (because they're all experienced with Arks (Arcs) of one sort or another). ... of course, that would be the WORST type of fan fiction....

Earlier in life, I considered a film where The Doctor (Doctor Who) enlists the help of Indiana Jones, Master Chief, and Iron Man to help him find Noah's Ark (because they're all experienced with Arks (Arcs) of one sort or another). ... of course, that would be the WORST type of fan fiction....

No, the WORST type would be all of them...AND you, and only YOU hold the super-special key to solve the big problem and save the day. Or worse. Remember, the internet is a SCARY place.

And, you also get Temple of Doom, which some consider one of the best, which doesn't feature either of those. Besides, Raiders started off with Indy going after a non-Judeo-Christian artifact.

Spielberg explained why he didn't involve the Nazis in Crystal Skull, and it makes a lot of sense: the fact that he directed Schindler's List made him fully aware of how horrible the Nazis were. As a result, he couldn't look at them again in the same mentality he had when he made the first three films. Seriously, Spielberg had a hard time with Schindler's List from what I've heard (one of the things I heard was that Spielberg called Robin Williams up and asked him to tell some jokes to make him laugh because of how bad he was feeling from making the film and the subject matter of it). And honestly, all things considered, I agree with his choice, despite how bad Crystal Skull was.

And, you also get Temple of Doom, which some consider one of the best, which doesn't feature either of those. Besides, Raiders started off with Indy going after a non-Judeo-Christian artifact.

Spielberg explained why he didn't involve the Nazis in Crystal Skull, and it makes a lot of sense: the fact that he directed Schindler's List made him fully aware of how horrible the Nazis were. As a result, he couldn't look at them again in the same mentality he had when he made the first three films. Seriously, Spielberg had a hard time with Schindler's List from what I've heard (one of the things I heard was that Spielberg called Robin Williams up and asked him to tell some jokes to make him laugh because of how bad he was feeling from making the film and the subject matter of it). And honestly, all things considered, I agree with his choice, despite how bad Crystal Skull was.

Not to mention Indy's about 20 years older and the Nazis pretty well died out (aside from a few extremists here and there) after WWII. At the very least lost the majority of their power. That being said, I think there is something to the formula, which is why we don't need any more Indy's.

But if we must...

Indiana Jones and the (Top Ten Lost Treasures of the world)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back