What is your single favorite Predator kill, move, or scene?

One scene that springs to mind (I'll think of more later), is the confrontation between King Willie and the Predator. Now, we all know that water disrupts the cloaking, BUT I was watching the movie again a few months ago; and I had an AH-HA moment. I'd never realized it before, but when I wrapped my brain around it, I thought it was such a cool little detail.

Water shows the Predators reflection. I thought that his cloak shorted out, but no, as the camera pans up you see that he is still cloaked completely. Not only does physical contact with water defeat the cloak, but it defeats it entirely by revealing the creatures reflection. That, coincidentally was the same part from the movie that my digital-illustration teacher liked.

So much so, that he let me do this for a project :

PredatorAlley1.jpg

Probably not the best work, but I thought it was cool. Actually, one of the fashion students in the class said "I don't get it." And you never will with that attitude.

Hey, I was watching that scene again today and I thought about what you said. So I paid more attention to the scene. When P2 jumps down before he hits the water you cannot see his reflection in the puddle. While he's walking towards King Willie still... no reflection. His cloak does begin to malfunction as you see blue electric energy. Finally just as he reaches King Willie he moves to a crouch and the camera pans down to see the cloak fully non responsive. Then P2 and King Willie are seen at a face off and P2 is fully cloaked again (while he's standind in the puddle I believe)! It's as if his invisibility kicked back in.

What I'm getting at is I don't think water has anything to do with the cloak being vulnerable to puddles and such as far as reflections go. Rather the cloaking feature is only at risk for failure when in contact with moisture. I believe the cloaking device simply began to malfunction as it does in water or heavy moisture. That's why when P2 was in the meat factory facing off with Harrigan he couldn't cloak as he tried to do because the fire sprinklers had been activated and was raining all over P2!

Predator-When the final fight is about to start that P1 starts to take off his bio and armor then gives Arnie a great gnarl and howl as if to say " Let's get it on Mutha F*#ker"

Predator 2- definately when the pred is healing his wounds in the bathroom and the old lady is standing outside the door, and then he bursts through the door and Carrigan follows him in and says ihe is a cop and the old woman says "I don't think he gives a ****"

AVP-the final fight with the Queen alien and then when the elder gives her the spear.
AVPR-the entire scene in the begining when Wolf's computet gets the distress beacon and he startsploting the course and starts getting his gear together.
Predators- when they see that they are not on earth anymore and the see all those moons/planets orbiting,
And also the scene when the Yakuza guy is sword fighting with falconer, reminded me of when Billy fought P1

Ok lets see...

Predator: When Arnie is all like "KILL ME NAO!" and Anytime realizes that there are spikes there and gives Arnie a nice "Riiiigh motherf*cker I ain't fallin' for that." look.

Predator 2: When the clan reveal themselves in the ship to Glover and take Pussyface's body away.

AVP: When Celtic nets the alien mid-air.

AVP-R: The scene where Wolf sets the laser grids in the sewer and fights the aliens.

Predators: When Stans jumps on Mr.Black's back and stabs him calling him a "Space Faggot" then getting his spine ripped when he was still alive.

i loved when hanzo and the falconer battled, old samurai style
when scar does a 360 and thrusts the sprear through the queens head
the funny scene in predators when stans talks about the things he's going to do once he gets back on earth
the epic battle between the celtic and the alien
when P1 takes off his helmet for the first time and "yells" and dutch
when the P2 suprises and chokes the black guy (not being racist, just can't remember name)
when the all predators decloke in P2, AVP, and predators

i'm sorry there are just to many to name right now, i love the predator movies,
the predator is such an epic monster, so great

i agree with you. i also like the part in AVP where scar cracks the chestbursters neck and makes the sound.

That leap the P2 takes right after firing a shot at Key's. Its cool because his Shoulder Cannon locked onto Key's but he is facing the opposite direct towards Harrigan. Then the HUGE blast as he LEAPS. Cool stunt.

P1- when the predator takes off its bio and roars( its time to get it on)
P2- when harrigan fights the pred in the ship and then is confronted by the elder and other preds
AVP- when the celtic pred fights the alien (awesome fight scene and prob my favorite pred just wish he had faired better in the fight)
AVP2- when the wolf has the battle in the sewer and has 2 aliens by the throat at the same time ( the one you shouldn't have @#$%&* with.
predators- when the yakuza fights the falconer awesome old school fight to the death, and when the berserker fights the P1 prisoner.
just wish the P1 had faired better in that fight.

I would love to see a movie with as many preds and fight scenes as possible
one whole movie of preds, dreads, elders, weapons, and battles
predator wars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Predator 1-obviously Dutch versus Anytime although orginally I loved it when Anytime blew off Dillions arm and Dillion attempting to fight back.

Predator 2-Have to say the train sequence as my favorite but the movie as a whole I loved it.And is why my pred prefers citys.

AVP-Scar killing weyland.And as much as I love seeing lance henriksen it was just so funny to see scar go like carry on and then the -blam- you didnt!

AVPR-Predalien fight cause thats how I belive a predator should fight an abomination like that.

Predators-Was simply seeing stans get -blam-ed up so badly I mean we were kinda missing the skull rip for a couple movies so seeing it again was just a wow for me.And seeing Falconer fight Hanzo is hands down my favorite predator fight scene so far it was done damn near perfect.And finally number 2 and Black going at it was just awsome.Too bad we saw the pics of that early.

My favorite is when Wolf takes off all his weapons (except the wrist blades) and armor to face the Predalien. When he takes off his mask, he looks like a total badass.

Have to say Predator, especially the scene where Dutch get's the tree branch shot, lands in the water and the Predator hauls him up and looks him over and decides that it's going to be hand to hand combat and Dutch basically get's his ass handed to him in the fight.

Can't believe I didn't put anything here yet! Well here's my faves:

P1 - Arnie: "Kill me! I'm here! Kill me!!!"
P2 - Pussyface: "**** happens!"
AVP - Scar's badass look when he pulls out a shuriken in the fight with the Queen
AVP: R - Wolf kicking down the glass door. I was totally thinking "THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!"
Preds - Topher Grace running for his life as bait, Hanzo vs Falconer, and Classic vs Berserker (Berserker FTW!!!!! XD )

IMG_1960.jpg

I would have to say like many of you have said there is so many that its hard to choose only one
scene or kill by the PREDATOR. but i will.

I have to admit that the scene in AVP1 where SCAR jumps in the air and spears
the Queen in the head to get it off Lex :unsure:
it just shows wat the predator is capable of, instead of just the normal wrist blades and slow walking
for dramatic efffect. that the predator can do amazing things not shown in all movies. also just
because i think the spear is one of the coolest weapons besides the plasa caster.

For my second fav. scene and battle would have to be in the movie AVPR. the wolf is just badass, almost
the most viscious pred in the world. annyways the scene where Wolf is fighting the Predalien (1 on 1)
the terrible 2. Wolf pulls out almost all the stops, and still without a plasma caster almost defeat the
Abomination until a nuclear blast interups them.

it was the greatest and most epic battle ending ever. :)
each with a blade of some type stabbing the other before death.
lol, Predalien in the head & Wolf in the back.

these are my favorite of the many many scenes and kills by Predator.

This is hard! I'll probably think of others the second I'm done, but off the top of my head:

1. Predator: Arnold's war cry as he holds up his torch. But I guess that doesn't involve the Predator, so...there's a scene where he's kinda jumping from rock to rock or whatever, heading away from the camera. He looks so graceful. I love it.

2. Predator 2: Elder passing on the flintlock. Honorable mention to the P2 climbing the fire escape with a bloody spine hanging from his backpack.

3. AVP: The Pred spears the Queen, baby!

4. AVP:R: Wolf kicks in the hospital door. Badass shot.

5. Predators: I really like when the Tracker is revealed outside the drill/ship/wherever they were hiding. Royce makes a noise, the Tracker hears it. It's a great little moment, the Tracker revealed and turning to the noise. Honorable mention to the Hanzo fight.

I’ve heard of numerous stories of how entire theaters erupted into laughter or cheered when she was killed.
~Estelle

That's exactly what happened when I watched it opening day. Everyone started laughing when she got nailed to the wall... I kinda preferred the pool stripping scene myself

P1: When Arnie prepares himself to face his nemesis and roars. The predator turns his head. Then you know it's on.

Also, when the predator activates his self-destruct and starts laughing maniacally. That is the most awesome laugh ever.

P2: Metro scene:
- Want some candy?
- Let's dance!

Don't get me wrong I like the classic pred. But I like berserker more so it would be berserker beating the he'll of P1.

I always liked Predator 2 when Danny Glover gets off of the phone and looks into the window of the taxidermy store. Then it shows his reflection was next to all of the taxidermed(correct word?) animals. Nothing major but I always thought that that part was cool.

Wolf when he's in the sewer. When I first watched it in theaters I thought he was putting proximity mines and was going to taunt so the aliens would run into them. It was pretty fun watching him tear them apart with no problems though.

The Falconer versus the Akuza. I know people say it's cliche or what ever but I thought it was pretty awesome.

i thought is was pretty amazing when the Wolf had to chase the Predalien and the Drones after they left the sewer
and he had to get out.
so Wolf did someting to his gauntlet and jumped or punched through the ceiling of the sewer :)
and started the chase with his plasma caster through the factory.

thoes laser he put on the walls were pretty clever i thaught.
when i first say that i thaught is was one of the coolest predator equipment yet.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back