What is a good red light saber to get? Doesn't have to be custom or battle-worthy

rychyrd

Hi Peeps,

I hope this is not an inappropriate area to ask this, but my nephew wants a red light saber. He's 18. I have the blue Force FX Anakin light saber which I have had for years, and cost about $118 when I got it.

I went to Amazon, and there are three price areas - around $50 - $60, around $120, and around $500. Not sure if they are pricing same items differently, or if there are radically different products from Force FX with the same basic names... Anyway, just looking for a good red light saber, and would very much appreciate any input. Thanks.

Hmm... Master Replicas' hilts are metal too, I have the Anakin one. But it seems they no longer have the license, and are no longer being made. I have read on Amazon reviews that the Master Replicas lightsabers are superior to the Hasbro ones... still interested if anyone knows a good solid product to recommend, from first hand experience.

Get a "Darth Vader Force FX" or a "Darth Maul Force FX" lightsaber. They light up red and are made of metal.
Master Replicas made them first, but sold their designs to Hasbro when the merchandising license from Lucasfilm (who owns Star Wars) changed from Master Replicas to Hasbro. If they are metal, then they should be largely the same regardless of MR or Hasbro. Later, Hasbro changed to using cheaper plastic.

Do not buy those with display case where you can't see any "sword blade". Those are static hilts only, as if they were permanently switched off. The higher price of these is because they are collectibles made in limited editions and to higher standards of detail, more authentic to the actual props that were used in the movies.

The newer Hasbro Force FX sabers have a removable blade in case that's something you're interested in. The Master Replicas Force FX and the older Hasbro Force FX sabers do not have a removable blade.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back