Question: What are ways to make a good FX Saber Hilt?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

srsmith332

Hey ladies and gentlemen, I have a question if you haven't read the title.

What are ways to make a good FX Saber Hilt?

For Saber Electronics, you need at least a clearance of around 1" to 1.25" of clearance inside the hilt. It can basically be a hole in the center. For my costume, I was thinking about making my very own Ahsoka Sabers! Now I know my direction, but I do not know the way.

I know you could use a lathe, which of course will take some training, trial and error, and also some practice. Some people use PVC, though it isn't durable at all. People at the fx-sabers forums say that Brushed Aluminum is the ideal material for a saber hilt you intend to duel with. I want to perform chorography with my outfit on in the late future.

What do you guys recommend I do about this?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

MCM

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Have you checked out thecustomsabershop.com? They have pre-made components that you can mix and match, both for the hilts and for the electronics. Very cool stuff!