What are you working on right now?

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by dropshipbob, Dec 12, 2005.

1. dropshipbob

dropshipbob Sr Member

I always love these threads, and I haven't seen one in awhile, so I thought I'd start another.
    Currently, I am in the process of upgrading my old Marco Ent. PR. It has many inaccuracies, and I could get 100% accurate parts, but if I do that, I might as well build an entirely new PR. I've had this one for years and don't want to do that.

A few tweaks here and there will help it greatly.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also adding a few modifications of my own. A more accurate looking magazine filled with bullets, a working pump for the grenade launcher, working trigger, etc.

So what do you have in the works?

2. moffeaton

moffeaton Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looks good.

I have a bunch of irons in the fire. Clearing my backlog.

Just finished a Viper:

[​IMG]

Now working on Viper #2:

[​IMG]

And tonite I will paint the Nautilus I finished building/sanding/re-riveting

[​IMG]

Then... TOS Raider #2 and the new BSG Viper and Raider.

:love

Then.. maybe something for myself. LOL

3. propsculptor

propsculptor Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Building a Church Model miniature from scratch.

I'll post progress photos when I get the chance.

The model is made of lightweight thin pressboard on a platform of the same material
    and is being made to show how the Church will look to new visitors since we hold the
    Church at a temporary location currently.

I'll be working on a Viper later on, nice work on yours moffeaton..

4. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

My Boba Fett ESB blaster. It's the resin one that was offered in the junkyard a while back. It's got some upgraded metal parts, but I'm still looking for the split plugs and box to finish off the stock.

I'm also working on Luke's macrobinoculars. All original parts except for the lenses. Those are Gary's beautiful multipart lenses, courtesy of OdiWan72 (thanks again :D)

I'll post pics later this week.

-Fred

5. eltee

eltee Sr Member

If you are going to do a mag with bullets, a while back I worked with Matsuo to develop a "10mm HE caseless" round as used in the movie. His final product was a masterpiece, so if you want some good looking, screen based ammo contact him.

[​IMG]

6. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

I'm still waiting on my local airsoft place to get me a second magazine. I'm curious about this though and it might be cool to have a spare magazine laying next to my PR with the fake bullets in it. Is there a tutorial on how the magazine was cut down or opened up to insert the fake rounds?

7. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Working on upgrading/repainting USCM armor and the rest of a nearly complete costume I got a little while back.

Only pics so far is of a resin VP70 that came with it. It was riddled with air holes and seam misalignments, requiring this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Parts I'll be using to simulate the bottom of the magazine and the catch/release:

[​IMG]

8. Prefect42

Prefect42 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Dropshipbob,

It was great to see that Marco Enterprises PR. I still have the cataloge and remember wanting one so badly but never had the money. Interesting to see how well he did at the time. But looking at his kit now... Well, you are making a nice job of it.

I bought this Spinner kit from Monsters In Motion years ago. Finally decided to finish it after numberous false starts.

The interior needs another paint job as the color is wrong. The outside is almost ready for weathering. But the decals came from a board member here and are gonig to make all of the difference. I hated those horrible "carved" details that were on the model to help you paint the details on the model.

:D Ted.[attachmentid=5441]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  9. oldschooljedi

oldschooljedi New Member

Almost done painting my Firefly Mal pistol. I'll try to post some pics of the finished product ;-)

10. agent5

agent5 Sr Member

I'm working on my sanity right now. :angry

11. NEKROFANATIC

NEKROFANATIC Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Well, working on 'acquiring' is the way I usually go. Right now I'm working on a MR Star Trek TOS landing party display. I have the tricorder and just received a Shatner signed communicator - BIG shout out to Starwarslover who helped this Canuck get this awesome piece.. Woot. Just need a MR phaser to complete the set....

12. PropReplicator

PropReplicator Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

What are you working on right now?

My Ph.D.

No prop projects for me for a while. :(

Wayne

13. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Nice to see you back, though. :)

14. PropReplicator

PropReplicator Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

Thanks, Jay. :) It's Christmas break, so I have a little more spare time right now. :)

W.

15. Kris

Kris Sr Member

[​IMG]

Just finished THIS baby.

16. masterjedi322

masterjedi322 Sr Member

Just starting work on my Rodd.com Mark VI tricorder kit.

[image]http://www.seanpallas.com/images/markvikit/markvikit1.jpg[/image]

Sean

17. pnerves

pnerves New Member

18. Darkknight0667

Darkknight0667 Sr Member

Just sanded down my Swingline 646 as the first step towards making Milton's Red Stapler.

19. jedidad

jedidad New Member

B) B) B) B) B)

Greetings,

Here is my current project. Just building a little arsenal for a private organization. A plot to overthrough the Imperials is underway. But you didn't hear that from me of course. Enjoy..

Jedidad

[​IMG]

20. blufive

blufive Sr Member

CentralRepair and I are working on a 1966 desk Bat Phone. Scott is actually doing all the hard work.

:D

21. Beowulf

Beowulf New Member

Working on my Bachelors Degree,

However, inbetween that im working on a Custom Mandalorian, Imperial Binders, and a E-11 Blaster (just started)

22. Prop Runner

Prop Runner Sr Member

Here are my current ongoing projects:

[​IMG]

CAD is done, now working on engineering drawings for the CNC vendor.

[​IMG]

CAD and drawing are done, CNC vendor will be receiving the order hopefully in the first week of the new year :)

[​IMG]

CAD is still a work in progress. New reference photos are coming my way today or tomorrow, which I'll be posting, along with design updates in the coming days, at this thread:

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=96700

And finally, today I'll be starting a new replica project. It's been Top Secret until now, since it's based on a HERO screen-used prop I'm about to receive from my second favorite Sci-Fi movie. It's been one of my Holy Grail acquisition quests for many years, and as soon as I've taken pics, I'll be posting them in a new show off thread. :D

Ok, Ok... I'll give a little hint:

little hint

:angel

- Gabe

23. amish

amish Sr Member

Gabe,

You bastard... I love that movie so much. I never considered making that a prop. I cannot wait to see it.

Good luck.

24. PodRacer X

PodRacer X Active Member

Yeah, that IS cool, Gabe. Are you goning to make a gom jabbar to go with it?

25. Prop Runner

Prop Runner Sr Member

Thanks, guys. I believe Rylo was going to offer that, I'm not sure - but you're right, the two definitely go together. :) Let's not hijack this thread - my show-off thread will be up as soon as the * UPS truck gets here. :p

- Gabe

26. Lupus Yonderboy

Lupus Yonderboy Well-Known Member

Gabe, despite your commendable work on the flash hider and booster...
    now this is interesting.
    I'd really like to know more about this one.
    Please keep us updated.

Cheers,
    Pontus

[edit]Sorry - you're right. No hi-jack intended. Move along...[/b]

27. Jimbo890

Jimbo890 Well-Known Member

What am I working on... Props and costumes for a Star Wars fan film, including stromtrooper armor, Rebel Fleet Troopers, X-wing pilots, BFGs, set peieces including and X-wing cockpit, and crash debris, some halo armor, and TOS Viper Pilot helmets. Most of my energy has been in making my own molds from MDF and a belt sander, and building a vacuum form machine.

28. armourerdoug

armourerdoug New Member

have just finished my star treck (original series)communicator, will get pics soon.
    am currently thinking of making another det of colonial marine armour , from my Dietrich moulds, sold my set about 6 years ago,,,,,ooops.

Doug

29. Darth Lars

Darth Lars Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I have got several projects "in the works", but I am not actively working on any of them right now. Just pursuing my master's degree.
    I made a new scope rail for my E-11 blaster two weeks ago and I have been stripping the paint off the gun body and I've been installing lenses in a resin scope.

30. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

This little guy...

31. mez7

mez7 Sr Member

im working on buying a house :p......all projects are on hold till then :(

32. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Sr Member

New Vader armor and beltboxes.

* I am tired of bondo :(

33. Umori Bawar

Umori Bawar New Member

me my self i got a few projects going on, but the one im working on at this second is
    [​IMG]

34. Jedidentist

Jedidentist Well-Known Member

My car...and taking care of my wife who's "making" our kid ;)

35. Simmon M

Simmon M Sr Member

I have all the costume parts now I'm just working on building the mannequin on two life sized displays:

Darth Vader (some assorted parts on my bed):
    [​IMG]

And Michael Myers:
    [​IMG]

Don't have any pics of my mannequins yet but I will soon. :)

I'v

36. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Besides all the unfinished resins I hide in my "drawer of shame", I've got two blasters in the pipeline... A Denix Han ESB and an all-metal ANH E-11... the latter is on hold until I find a decent Sterling template... oh, and some parts that hopefully will arrive some day. :unsure

I'm also anxiously awaiting an ABS80 TK kit. :)

37. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

Hey Simmon, is that a Psycho???

38. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

With inspiration from this picture:

[​IMG]

I am working on this casting:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Taking my sweat time with this one, just enjoying working on it. I am also trying to locate the metal bits at the end of the rods on the gun as well, hoping to upgrade from the resin, as I will have to dremel off half the details on them.

Noeland-----------------------

39. Simmon M

Simmon M Sr Member

Hey Allosaur - yes indeed.

I'm also working on a Second Stab as well. ;)

40. Utinni

Utinni Sr Member

After a few suggestions from fellow members, pasted from the OT forum...

I'm working on some custom Imperial Cufflinks for a few boardmembers that have been looking for them...

currently I have a wax cut, HOPEFULLY will get ahold of my caster tomorrow to have them cast in Sterling Silver.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sterling Silver Cufflink findings
    [​IMG]

and playing around with doing a couple Sterling Moneyclips and signet rings:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Guess I should finally get off my * and DO something with my GIA education :p

Jeff

41. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

A reveled helemt out of a rubies :angry but it is coming slow

42. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

[attachmentid=5477]

i think its coming along nicely :)

chris

43. Henriko2

Henriko2 Well-Known Member

Tickets to Fhloston Paradise
    [​IMG]

44. voice in the crowd

voice in the crowd Sr Member

Currently finishing my kitchen :thumbsdown then starting my bathroom :thumbsdown

Then I have a Cameron Oakley ROTJ Stormtrooper bucket to clean up paint and assemble :).

Hopefully be getting a bumpy cap TE ANH kit in the new year and think I will go for a 'move along' replica (with ear caps). Hopefully with the great new photos posted by Keith and Jeremy I can make a pretty accurate job on it :D .

Cheers Chris.

45. Rotwang

Rotwang Sr Member

I'm painting a 10mm Carthaginian army ...

46. darcjedi

darcjedi Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

i recently finished up a few "working" versions of these
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and now i've started scratchbuilding this :)

[​IMG]

-Jeff

47. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

Very nice, I have 2 Psycho's myself, and although they are all from the same molds, each one looks differnt in its own little way

48. BlindSquirrel

BlindSquirrel Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

When I was working on my Halo armor, I ran into a dilemma. Since I have to work outside, as paint was drying I was getting dust and flying particles stuck in the paint. I took an old office shelving unit, added a wider working top, and converted it into a drying cabinet. I added doors to the front, cut a 16" x 20" hole in each door, backed it with pegboard and put house air filters in the front. I took some old wire shelves and put them inside as drying racks. Then I drilled a few holes in the back and put a small bax fan behind it to draw air through. Now all my freshly painted items can dry in moving air but without the dust.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

49. eaviii

eaviii Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Fever pitch on Starfighter as it draws nearer to completion-

[image]http://www.fotoheap.com/image.php?on=207&an=1940&in=28390&t=i[/image]

[image]http://www.fotoheap.com/image.php?on=207&an=1940&in=28398&t=i[/image]

[image]http://www.fotoheap.com/image.php?on=207&an=1940&in=27335&t=i[/image]

-Doc

50. Corellianexports

Corellianexports Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I started work on my R2D2 dome a couple of weeks back.

Other items sitting on the back burner:

Boushh Helmet
    X-Wing Helmet (Dak version)
    Tie Pilot Helmet & Costume

[​IMG]