Weta - Dr Grordbort's Custom Raygun Contest! - SHOW OFF YOUR CONCEPTS AND DESIGNS!

Re: Weta - Dr Grordbort's Custom Raygun Contest! - SHOW OFF YOUR CONCEPTS AND DESIGNS

Really dig your pressure vessels. Good work!

Mine is a carbine design as well.

Re: Weta - Dr Grordbort's Custom Raygun Contest! - SHOW OFF YOUR CONCEPTS AND DESIGNS

I wonder how many of us are going to end up using the same parts for re imagining? I havent piosted mine yet but I see a lot of the same Ideas being used - sometimes multiple times - over and over again!

Funny how so many different people with different visions can see the same piece and go "Now that would look good as this.."
ha

Some awesome work out there! :thumbsup

I'm trying something a bit different. Basically it's an "exploded Bison" with the body cut down the centerline and opened up to reveal "the guts". I guess it will look like some sort of vintage display model that you might find at a museum or exhibit. The base will hold all 3 pieces upright but can hinge outward for display. I know....kinda confusing. Hopefully I'll have more pics next week.

Dave

Still mostly held together with wishes and bubblegum so there's a lot left to do but I think I'm on the right track:

IMG_0777.jpg

The color has finally given me the inspiration I've needed to come up with a name, The Aureate Auroch Ion Accelerator. I think i'm going to give it a dark wash just to tie the various "metals" together. Now comes the "million little details" part of the project...:unsure

Some awesome work out there! :thumbsup

I'm trying something a bit different. Basically it's an "exploded Bison" with the body cut down the centerline and opened up to reveal "the guts". I guess it will look like some sort of vintage display model that you might find at a museum or exhibit. The base will hold all 3 pieces upright but can hinge outward for display. I know....kinda confusing. Hopefully I'll have more pics next week.

Dave

...and we thought it was naked before...!!
eek2.gif

:cool

The color has finally given me the inspiration I've needed to come up with a name, The Aureate Auroch Ion Accelerator.

+1000 points for the use of Aurochs in the name. Sorry, just had a paleo-fanboy moment. Looking great!

I finally got some time to put everything together and get The Buffaloafer done! Here are some semi crappy pictures of it. Hopefully I can borrow a nice camera from a friend for the final shots.

I wanted it to look like they got a shipment of these underpowered Bisons and upgraded them with stuff from around camp. Add a wrist mounted power booster for extra oomph and you are good to go.

Finished my second set of modular gear for the Wooly Wisent finally.

Tried a new bronze color on some parts and I think it turned out nice.

IMG_5162.jpg

IMG_5156.jpg

Compare to the standard set of gear
IMG_4777.jpg

IMG_4774.jpg

Wow, need to get crankin! Deadline comming up too fast! You folks are doing some amazing stuff! Can't wait to see all the entries!

cant wait to see all the entries ...some awesome work going on here!

Weta - Dr Grordbort's Custom Raygun Contest! - SHOW OFF YOUR CONCEPTS AND DESIGNS

Progress on Bison modification (right) Fitted gauge and installed trigger mechanism. 3D print (left) and molded grips on another prototype - May add the Bison front end to it.

WetaRayGunSet.jpg

Wow there is some amazing talent out there and this is only what we've seen, its scary to think what could be waiting in the wings.
I've spent a whole week off trying to get some work done on my weapon of choice, I'm pretty pleased with it so far so thought i'd post up a couple more shots.
Its still rough and ready and needs lots more detail work not to mention wiring up, but i hope you all like where i'm going with it. (apologies for the poor quality photo's
P1010859.jpg
P1010844-1.jpg
P1010862.jpg

The bombardier beetle is the only power source worth having according to our ships engineer :)
Cheers guys.

Here it is, almost done:
3.jpg

2.jpg

1-2.jpg

I'm thinking about the back story for this. Essentially it was an old Righteous Bison, which eventually wore out. But, being the brilliant man he is, the owner gutted the insides, kept what was still functional, and built a whole new inside for the gun, making it operate even better than before. However, the good parts started going, and he needed to replace them. Now the only "Righteous Bison" left, is a part of the body. Unfortunately, the owner passed and the gun was handed down to me.
Something like that.
I still need to finish the stand and come up with a name, but I like how it's looking.
The Pictures don't do it much justice. Does anyone have any pointers for when I take the final photos?

Also, I don't think I got an answer, Can I post this on my blog or should I wait until the contest is said and done?

I apologize if I missed it. It there a certain file or picture size limit for the emails we send in with our entry?

I apologize if I missed it. It there a certain file or picture size limit for the emails we send in with our entry?

PDF doesn't specify but in general when emailing photos it's good to keep it under 10mb total if not under 5mb.

Got a few new pics done of my new con outfit to go with the gun. Needs tweaking and a new hatband but mostly there. The Wisent is really heavy with all the metal but still fully wearable with the bigger weapons kit.

Now to finish the case and the paper props.

IMG_5193.jpg

IMG_5190.jpg

WOW!! This is Bad-Ass!! Very cool design!

FB

Well, mine is just now (finally) starting to come together - in rough form. Been doing a lot of tinkering and staring at it... then more tinkering, and sometimes a change or two. And then more tinkering...

397977830.jpg

You can also see here the beginnings of a collar/fitting where the barrels come together - this is where a simple post foregrip will be.

And here's a look at the "intermix pressure control assembly" that I made with a couple of the re-purposed detail parts:

397977825.jpg

I love some of the entries so far :)
Especially Tack's take on the whole thing. That's like a Dr Grordbort's product modified for the American Frontier's man. Brutal in its simplicity.

Now me, I've had some good news and some bad news from Weta.
The bad news is that due to an A.O.G. the distributor never recieved my order from Weta. Therefore it was never shiped, and never subtracted from the inventory and thus sold to somebody else.
The good news is that Weta will supply me with a fully painted Righteous Bison. It might, however, not reach me in time for the compo. And if it does, will I have the heart to rip apart a fully painted Bison for a very hasty mod?

Well I think I'm calling mine done. (or at least I'm done with working on it)

The Aureate Auroch Ion Accelerator:

IMG_0787.jpg
IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

Now I just need to take some good pictures of it...:confused

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back