Weapons of Sucker Punch: Babydoll's pistol

toxopholite

I am strongly considering making a replica of Babydoll's pistol from the film Sucker Punch, but since I have not yet seen the film myself, there are a number of questions I need help clarifying.

As I have noticed that there are a lot of others who are also planning on making their own replicas of this pistol, or have already done so, I thought it might be helpful to gather what we know into one thread. There is already a lot of good information contained in the Sucker Punch costume thread, but as it has - as of today - already reached 30 pages, it can be a bit difficult to get to specific sections (I hope I won't be breaking any rules, or that I would be forgiven if I do, by repeating some of that information here - please let me know).

Weapons of Sucker Punch: Babydoll's pistol (picture 1)

The best description of this pistol (as well as other weapons used in the film) can be found at the Internet Movie Firearms Database: Sucker Punch (2011) - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database

To summarize, however, it is a custom Colt M1911A1, with bright nickel plating, and engraved slide.
imfdb also feature this screen cap, which is currently one of the best reference pictures available:
SP_01.jpg

Weapons of Sucker Punch: Babydoll's pistol (picture 2)

Another good (perhaps the best) reference picture is from the book "The Art of Sucker Punch":
tumblr_lk4xsxOX9Y1qips1io1_500.jpg

This also shows the charms attached to the lanyard ring, as well as the best available copies of the engravings on the slide of the pistol.

Weapons of Sucker Punch: Babydoll's pistol (engravings)

As far as the engravings go, RPF member epilepticquirl has made a great set of decals, as well as his own - very cool :cool - pistol. For pictures (and to order a set of the decals), just search for "sucker punch" and "decals" in the Junkyard.

Last edited:
Weapons of Sucker Punch: Babydoll's pistol (charms)

RPF member Soulinertia is making excellent replicas of the charms, for sale in the Junkyard. (This thread is also a good source for more reference pictures of the charms in the movie.)

For a less expensive alternative, cupcake disko makes and sells sets at etsy
(just search for Babydoll's Pistol Charms by oiiseau5)

Soulinertia also has some interesting suggestions for the symbolism of the charms.

The Replicant posted details of the correct size of the cahrms.

Last edited:
I'm honored that you included my decals with the gun. :$
Nice write up, but you should take out the JY links. Just say they can be found in the jy or something.

Keep it up though!

Weapons of Sucker Punch: Babydoll's pistol (painting)

LizardJedi has provided some excellent pointers on how to prepare, and paint a plastic pistol at the costume thread.

Personally, I have never had much luck with spray cans painting mirror chrome onto plastic, but I went out this weekend and bought a can of Rustoleum's silver, as well as Rustoleum white primer, and try LizardJedi's technique.

Weapons of Sucker Punch: Babydoll's pistol (reference)

Ok, so here are the facts (as far as we know):

The film's armorer confirmed to Cheviot that the pistol is indeed a Colt M1911A1 (costume thread post #334), and that it was nickel-plated and customised afterward (costume thread post #357).
Also refer to Nexus6's observations in the costume thread post #337.

chameleon first noted that the medallions in the grips are a repeat of the cherry motif (costume thread post #499), and Cereza set out to make her own medallions.

Last edited:
I recently downloaded the PDF of the art book for this movie. It has a pretty high detail picture of the gun in it. Here it is, hope I helped :)

Last edited:
Thanks, TRisely! Excellent detail on that pic; I can even see ".45 A.C.P." engraved into the base plate of the magazine...

Last edited:
Wow Didn't know you could get a PDF of the book! Thats really helpful you posting that TRisely! Have no idea when ill receive my copy of the book! :( x

Wow Didn't know you could get a PDF of the book! Thats really helpful you posting that TRisely! Have no idea when ill receive my copy of the book! :( x

haha, I couldn't wait to get it so I downloaded the PDF, if you want it I can send it or link it to you? x

Look at those two pics of one the screen used ones (surely a Stunt). It looks to be a black rubber copy (or even a black plastic one) spraypainted a non-shiny silver. You can see some scratches on the silver showing the black.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back