Sucker Punch costume thread

...and i'll try to make it kinda like a corset using the plastic thingies i can't remember their names (the ones that make corsets rigid LOL)

I think the word you're looking for is 'bones' like in "whale boned corset" they're also available in steel.

</random history trivia>

I tried to put a pic in that post and it wouldnt show...Picture fail

I'd recommend uploading the pictures through another site's uploader, RPF's is available through the advanced reply under the additional options pane, or you could opt for a picture host like imageshack or photobucket. Facebook tends to not play very nicely with others.

I think it works for people with facebook accounts though.

</just passing through>

Nice work by everyone. :)

I tried to put a pic in that post and it wouldnt show...Picture fail

You looked amazing....Pictures do not do it justice...absolutely gorgeous

0cbbdb9a.jpg

with our very own rpf celebrity matt munson

b69ce077.jpg

You looked amazing....Pictures do not do it justice...absolutely gorgeous

0cbbdb9a.jpg

with our very own rpf celebrity matt munson

b69ce077.jpg

What shoes are you wearing? They look pretty close in shape and style!

I picked up a wooden sword and scabbard for my daughter last week from a traveling anime shop. It is black but should take paint rather nicely plus it was a fair price! I will be ordering her fabric soon and my mother-in-law will start sewing everything together.

What is everyone using for the pistol? I have found one air soft 1911 on eBay but I am unsure if it is chrome or stainless looking. Does anyone have a link?

Hello dear fellow S.P. fans. Breaking news! :D

The Sucker Punch artbook is now BACK IN PRINT BY POPULAR DEMAND!
I'm surprised it has that much of a success ^^

you can order it, where I bought mine, on Forbidden Planet again already apparently (note the resupply delay though) :
Sucker Punch: The Art Of The Film (Hardcover) @ Forbidden Planet

Second printing sadly, I was luck enough to get 2 first edition copies, including the special white 750 edition one.

This is a great book I have 50+ film art books and this has to be my favourite, really hope they bring out a making of/film companion book to go with this like Titan Books did for the Watchmen.

Thanks for sharing the link this book is in huge demand sure some people will be really happy to get this without paying the insane prices they are reaching on ebay.

got my decals from epilepticsquirell, the look awesome on my gun <3 <3 I can't thank you enough!

I also picked up my holster from my commissioner today, Jeff does amazing work; I was so lucky he agreed to do this for me. Pictures taken at my work where he dropped it off, so apologize that it's not the best quality/on properly (I didn't double tie the strings for one lol). The whole thing comes apart for packing sake. I'll try to get a better picture later

222855_10150237497046187_600816186_8933669_5408806_n.jpg

Hey guys! just wanted to post a preview of my Blondie, she's coming along quite well and better than I'd expected :p
I know the picture quality sucks a lot and the colors aren't easily discernible, but here ya go! :p

2923858.jpg

I don't think the white sock is screen accurate. :lol j/k
Looking good! Did you make the rig yourself? Looks great! Now lets see the goggles and gun

Last edited:
hahaha one is white and the other is black xD i'm a mess with socks :p
also, i notice now that one of the rig straps is like turned xD oh well.. it ended up being too far up than i'd calculated but to change than i'd have to unsow the straps so it'll stay right where it is :p I'm still waiting for my mp5k clips.

The goggles, I had ordered a pair on ebay that never came.. i'm planning on using just the lenses, and as the padded thingy was black, i'm probably going to make an all new padded thingy made of the same brown pleather i used for everything else so i can make that thin part on her nose bridge, hopefully it'll look good, cause i dont like the look on the all padded goggles.

The gun is like a 1911 black pistol Cereza gave me which was like half of its real size, and as i didnt know the actual model back then, it serves its purpose :p

This thread is epic!
I'm not a costumer but I do know the level of skill that goes into it and I applaud each and every one of you. I've been through all 29 pages and have loved every bit of it.
When I went to see SuckerPunch it was definitely the costumes and how they played with each of the characters that made it an enjoyable film for me.
I do believe this movie will get the cult following it deserves.

Keep those progress pics coming...they are awesome.

The goggles, I had ordered a pair on ebay that never came.. i'm planning on using just the lenses, and as the padded thingy was black, i'm probably going to make an all new padded thingy made of the same brown pleather i used for everything else so i can make that thin part on her nose bridge, hopefully it'll look good, cause i dont like the look on the all padded goggles.

Hi,

For accuracy sake, I wanted to let you know that there was no black on the goggles. The padded leather and strap are both brown on the goggles that we sent for the movie (We were the supplier).

Here is a link to the picture I put up on page 14. http://www.spitcrazy.com/30flsup28Halcyon-goggles.jpg

Good job on your progress, and good luck finishing it.

Last edited:
Hi,

For accuracy sake, I wanted to let you know that there was no black on the goggles. The padded leather and strap are both brown on the goggles that we sent for the movie (We were the supplier).

Here is a link to the picture I put up on page 14. http://www.spitcrazy.com/30flsup28Halcyon-goggles.jpg

Good job on your progress, and good luck finishing it.

yeah i know u_u unfortunately the brown model for the goggles was at least 17 usd more expensive than the black pair, which cost me 7usd including shipping :p although, considering they never arrived...
i'd love to get the set of goggles you have but unfortunately the price would be 200$ w/o shipping x__x
thanks for the advice and for the comments on the progress! :)

yeah i know u_u unfortunately the brown model for the goggles was at least 17 usd more expensive than the black pair, which cost me 7usd including shipping :p although, considering they never arrived...
i'd love to get the set of goggles you have but unfortunately the price would be 200$ w/o shipping x__x
thanks for the advice and for the comments on the progress! :)

$200 is more than they are worth and I know that the exact version used in the movie is available for around $100 with shipping.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back