Sucker Punch costume thread

Hi guys! I just joined in on this thread, went through all 16 pages. Glad I got in before it got any longer :)

Haven't seen any talks about Sucker Punch's - Madam Gorski in this thread yet.

I am going to tackle her costume for SDCC this year. I have all this type of stuff in my wardrobe any way. Dominant female is my type of thang so she is perfect for me.

Anyone getting a Sucker Punch group together for SDCC? Would love to have a full group of all the girls with the Madam to walk around, cosplay and take pics with!

sucker-punch-madam-gorski.jpg

Anyone getting a Sucker Punch group together for SDCC? Would love to have a full group of all the girls with the Madam to walk around, cosplay and take pics with!

You know I'm in! :) Hope we can convince our Rocket to actually be Rocket and confirm that she's going to SDCC!

Hi guys! I just joined in on this thread, went through all 16 pages. Glad I got in before it got any longer :)

I am going to tackle her costume for SDCC this year. I have all this type of stuff in my wardrobe any way. Dominant female is my type of thang so she is perfect for me.

sucker-punch-madam-gorski.jpg

The fact about v. gorski ( then you'll know the actual name :) ) is that she wears a lot of costumes on the movie. All of them are perfect but there're no photos of them. I'd wait and see te movie to decide wich one of them. cuz they are all awesome.

The fact about v. gorski ( then you'll know the actual name :) ) is that she wears a lot of costumes on the movie. All of them are perfect but there're no photos of them. I'd wait and see te movie to decide wich one of them. cuz they are all awesome.

Ahhhh dang! I didn't know this! I can't wait to see the movie then this weekend to decide which one I want to make.

But from this promo shot of her I am liking the easy factor of her outfit ;) I usually am always making complex costumes so something easy would be nice for once but, we shall see. If she has something really awesome on that I like and will be hard to make, I will probably go for it any way :)

Just joined the Thread myself. Would love to join up with any other suckerpunch cosplayers at SDCC! Can't wait for tomorrow night!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got home from the movie! Loved it and will probably watch it again on Saturday. :) I'm happy I made an Amber costume.
The movie is emotional, kind of reminded me of Chicago (without all the singing, you'll see...), and all the girls are pretty badass.

We watched the press screening last night at the IMAX theater, tickets were courtesy of Warner Brothers Philippines. They were very happy that we had most of the characters in costume. the only one we were missing was Rocket.

in short, the movie was a visual feast, the usual fare from Zach Snyder. At the very start with the titles, my wife (we were watching in costume) said "Zack Snyder is annoying, he's so good" the visuals and the way he tells a story without words, much like he did at the beginning of Watchmen, telling the backstory amidst the credits.
then the music is wonderful, it helps set the mood of the scene.

I wont tell more for fear of spoiling the movie. Most of us were looking at the costumes and admiring the sets. The use of lighting and textures helps the transitions between reality and fantasy. Most of all we were looking at ways to improve our costumes, hopefully in time for the 10th annual Philippine Toy Convention in June.

i'll wait till everyone else has seen the movie before i give more comments. as soon as i get the photos from our friends, i'll just post some of the details we got right on the costumes. if it wasn't for this costume thread, we wouldn't have been able to make our costumes as accurate as we'd like. thanks so much for the photo references, especially the ones from the Hollywood display.

The Tagline "you will be unprepared" makes a lot of sense now

sorta off topic, but EVERYONE IS GOING TO SEE THIS MOVIE BEFORE ME!
I want to cry :____;

ok, that is all. I get Baby Doll fabric tomorrow. Going to be going with dark blue denim.

sorta off topic, but EVERYONE IS GOING TO SEE THIS MOVIE BEFORE ME!
I want to cry :____;

ok, that is all. I get Baby Doll fabric tomorrow. Going to be going with dark blue denim.

You should go with the silk noil. There's not enough difference in cost between it and denim to make the sacrifice.
Thai Silks - Fabric » Silk Noil » Raw Silk Noil, 45"
That's the stuff right there. You can see the weave pretty clearly in the display pics.

Just saw suckerpunch in IMAX...... I was unprepared. Totally and ultimately unprepared... Still in shock about how amazing it was... Go see it now everyone!!!

Just saying hi! New to this site (but not to costuming) and I'm planning something from SP. Right now my absolute favs are Amber and SweetPea's costumes. So I'm researching all I can on those two starting now. Doubtful I'll be able to make it for SDCC (I already have too many costumes on the list for this year's cons), but I'm shootin' for D*C!!

*psyched*

You should go with the silk noil. There's not enough difference in cost between it and denim to make the sacrifice.
Thai Silks - Fabric » Silk Noil » Raw Silk Noil, 45"
That's the stuff right there. You can see the weave pretty clearly in the display pics.

Do you know if its sold at JoAnns?

Also, when I was watching the movie (yay I finally saw it) her collar looked very thick. The first thing I thought was wool or suiting material

You would look STUNNING as Gorski! Saw the movie tonight and pretty much hated it but the costumes are fabulous. I vote for the black Jessica Rabbit dress. Gah. So hot...

I personally would LOVE to embark on BDs sparkly number. It's just so cute!

Do you know if its sold at JoAnns?

Also, when I was watching the movie (yay I finally saw it) her collar looked very thick. The first thing I thought was wool or suiting material

Not likely to find this at JoAnn's. But Ordering from Thai Silks is safe. Used them many times. You can call them an ask for swatches of their Silk Noil if you'd like to see colors up close. It'll add another week or so to your build time, but it's worth it.

Her collar is the same fabric, different color (from what I saw in the display pics). The thickness can come from anything from the fabric to the construction. If the piece looks fairly heavy, it could be bag-lined (two matching pieces sewn, right side together and flipped right side out), or Bag-Lined and interfaced. There are tricks to add weight to materials.

hey guys! i've been watching this movie information for awhile but finally saw it last night and I gotta say I MUST COSPLAY babydoll!!!

But I want to do her other outfits. perhaps her coral pjs and have a gun with me? Or perhaps the asylum outfit. When i lose weight I really want to do the mega shiny bling outfit from the end, but we'll see. Anyway I hope to have this cosplay done by anime expo this year!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back