War Machine pepakura WIP- update 10th sept! fibre glass Stage WOOO! (Pic Heavy)

EyeofSauron

Master Member
hi there, im new :)

i started pepakura a few weeks back, and really liked it. So for my first project i decided to do something more challenging, and,because of being a big war machine fan, the question of what wasnt so hard.

so far i only have done the helmet, mainly because of scaling problems. right now im at the 3rd build and still not happy :/

so, here are some pics of my progress:

first helmet:
imag0052c.jpg

imag0053f.jpg

with my head as comarison:
imag0060u.jpg

imag0061y.jpg

second helmet:
imag0064kk.jpg

imag0066de.jpg

wearing it, but its too tight:
imag0068ww.jpg

3rd helmet:
imag0075g.jpg

strange how much difference the 8 % size increase make compared to the 12 % between nr 1 and 2...

me wearing it:
imag0073v.jpg

imag0071ha.jpg

seems a bit big in my eyes, but im not sure, what do you think?

thanks goes out to the people who made the models and unfolded them on 405th.com(i know most of those are here too, still i found it there ;) ), especially Carnage, Dubean33, Stagefivedrift, Halopepakura
Spektrum917, Ironmansuitmk6 and Zabana

Last edited:
Re: newly started War Machine pepakura Full suit WIP (Pic Heavy, feedback welcome)

I'm proud of you for the sole fact you rebuilt it to suit your needs. Most people just give up on the build.

Re: newly started War Machine pepakura Full suit WIP (Pic Heavy, feedback welcome)

im still not sure about the size tho :D maybe ill rebuild a a 4th time with something inbetween 1.1 and 1.02. actually i just built the top and the chin part for size testing. but im just not sure on this last one, if its going to be to big for the whole costume

seems a bit big in my eyes, but im not sure, what do you think?

it looks like it might be a little too big. you could pad the inside but it might be a little too big to look proportional with the rest of the build. otherwise it looks great, the nice thing about rebuilding is it tends to improve each time! keep it up!

Tip O' the hat to you for the dedication to build it 3 times and possibly a 4th to get it right!

im still not sure about the size tho :D maybe ill rebuild a a 4th time with something inbetween 1.1 and 1.02. actually i just built the top and the chin part for size testing. but im just not sure on this last one, if its going to be to big for the whole costume

Does this mean that the last one you built was at a 1.1 scale? Which helmet file did you use for this?

yes the last one was 1.1 scale. so 8% bigger than the last one with 1.02

i used sharkheads file (unfolded by dubean)

why do you ask?

my decision now is to build the faceplate on the big one first, and see how that will look like, and if i think it seems to big (which it probably will) i will rebuild it with 1.06 scale, so right inbetween nr 2 and 3

Nice build ;)

I´ll keep an eye on your WIP!!! :D

good luck with your wm then, looking forward to it :)

small update:
finished the faceplate, and i really cant say if its too big or not. pls pls pls tell me what you guys think

new images:

imag0076eq.jpg

imag0079q.jpg

imag0086x.jpg

imag0088g.jpg

its a really good build so far, no warps or stuff, it looks a little dented at the top because the mohawk part is still missing and its pushing outwards at the jaw part because its still missing the earpieces and neckpieces.

the last pic is helmet 1 vs 3 (as 2 has no faceplate)

I would say it is on the big side, I would probably split the difference of the 2 sizes you made, and go for that size.

just threw my hot gluegun against the wall (not joking, i got so pissed off) because i opened a new box of gluesticks, and said sticks do not at all glue anything.i can peel it off the paper without even damaging it, and it doesnt really hold stuff together

ok so i decided to finish this helmet up as far as to see what the "final" version would look like, and i think with me being really big, the armor is going to be big too. so im gonna leave it at this, and see it compared to the chest/shoulder/arms which im going to do next.

also, after putting in the neck part, i can just squeeze my head in, but barely. and my ears touch the helmets ears, so there wont be much to reduce anyway. the final decision i will make when i see the chest and shoulders compared to the helmet. if it seems to big, i will redo it

1 thing i didnt mention is im almost 2 metres so the rest will scale to that.

so enough talk, here are the new pics (my glue gun is still working, even tho i think i broke it yesterday. i even figured out how to work better with the crappy glue sticks, you just use a LOT of glue. Well, gotta use it up :) )

side view worn:
imag0094q.jpg

front view worn:
imag0095i.jpg

front view:
imag0112lw.jpg

side view:
imag0113ha.jpg

back view:
imag0114ln.jpg

fun with hats and glasses:
60s warmachine:
imag0106g.jpg

Trucker warmachine:
imag0108mr.jpg

intellectual warmachine:
imag0111i.jpg

eye and ear part is missing because i just wanted to see what it will look like, i may finish them tonight, now i will go study :)

Good work, all those helmet definatly and A for effort most people don't build so many but's it's important that it fits your head and it looks in scale with the rest of the armor so I'd wait aswell before building another helmet ;)

It might be just the angle of the photo but the jaw looks a little bit crooked

just make sure that if/when you resin it all parts are correctly placed, that's what I learned from my helmet. Because the better the model is hardenned the less bondo you need to use to correct it.

only seems like it i think, i cant figure it out on the real thing :)

its a little warped at the ears as its pushing outwards, but well, its only a few tape strings that hold it together so nothing that hot glue cant fix.
as soon as i finish all the missing parts, im gonna hotglue it together for shape, then, when it comes to resining, i will resin inside and outside, and then probably cut the mask off, im not sure if ill do it before or after fiberglassing.
definitely before bondo tho.

ok update:

biggest part, namely the chest is finished, more or less, its only missing the back parts that are extra but meh.

it looks a little bit warped on the pic but really isnt, its just sitting on a chair and, well, its sitting on a chair :D
also put the helmet on for size comparison, looks about right, but i will figure this out as soon as i build my dummy.
havent tried it on yet, because i need to cut in the hole for my head, which im not sure where to do. over all, ,the size seems about right tho

imag0116x.jpg

Re: War Machine pepakura WIP-Chest added june 16th! (Pic Heavy, feedback welcome)

I am not a purist, but if any armor could go a bit on the big side and still look great- it's warmachine. Iron man, that is supposed to be ungodly small.. but if your warmachine has a bit more bulk- still fits in the character. Looks good!

ok update:

biggest part, namely the chest is finished, more or less, its only missing the back parts that are extra but meh.

it looks a little bit warped on the pic but really isnt, its just sitting on a chair and, well, its sitting on a chair :D
also put the helmet on for size comparison, looks about right, but i will figure this out as soon as i build my dummy.
havent tried it on yet, because i need to cut in the hole for my head, which im not sure where to do. over all, ,the size seems about right tho

imag0116x.jpg

Heyyy!!!!!! I´m very happy to see someone building an armor with our team files :D:D:D

Re: War Machine pepakura WIP-Chest added june 16th! (Pic Heavy, feedback welcome)

I am not a purist, but if any armor could go a bit on the big side and still look great- it's warmachine. Iron man, that is supposed to be ungodly small.. but if your warmachine has a bit more bulk- still fits in the character. Looks good!

well with 6feet 2 inches i need a big armor :D i was worried the helmet would be a bit big in comparison, but it seems to fit to the size. im scared of cutting the head hole in the chest armor before resining it, and i can not start resining till 10 of july. so im just building the rest of it for now, at least i can try on the rest of the parts :D

zabana: yes i "stole" them from 405th :)

Good job with the pep! The HD files weren't out when I started on mine so I'm eager to see how yours will look. I also made 3 helmets... I sized the second one 11% bigger then the first and made a bobble head. I ended up using the width measurement of my head and adding an inch. Your helmet seems sized right compared to the chest. If not, giant shoulders can make up the difference, lol. Thumbs up man!

damn... at 6'2 you're going to look the part... Like others have said, with it being WM, you have plenty of space for extra bulk...

Interested in seeing how this turns out. Props on not giving up and putting in the work. IMO things are looking awesome.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back