War Machine pepakura WIP- update 10th sept! fibre glass Stage WOOO! (Pic Heavy)

Re: War Machine pepakura WIP- update 16th August! Resin Stage WOOO! (Pic Heavy)

This project is looking great so far.I'm working on my first pep, the EOD armour from Halo 3 and am taking it slow so not to make too many mistakes.Keep up the good work.

minor update
was on vacation till saturday, so im not far into resining, but i got some pics :)

Looking good Sauron! So when you resin the pieces, do you coat the outside first? I ask because I put resin on the inside of my first pep'd pieces and RUINED them. Your fear of not adding enough hardener was my reality. :cry

After seeing how many times you re-pep'd, I'm starting to think I should just get my butt in gear and start again.

i do it outside first, and i use supports for big pieces like chest and codpiece, so they dont collapse. when the resin hardens, thats how it keeps its shape
im not resining the inside really, well i do but at the same time i use the fibre glass, so no real seperate resining inside (because fibreglass resining is a pain in the ass anyway :)

so, the outer resining is complete!

i also gave the helmet a second layer as the first one was not good enough as the resin hardened somehow during

tomorrow ill start fiberglassing :)

This is looking Stellar! Keep it up man.

Paul

started fiberglassing today

as it is my first time i made a few mistakes :/

i bought fibre glass mats instead of cloth and the mats are a little thick, so its quite hard to work with it, but i got it there somehow. i started with the ab/cod part as it seemed to be the easiest to access, still it took me a few hours

so here are some pics of the finished job :)

heya! its really really awesome thing!! i also started my wm about few weeks ago, built helmet already, now i'm on bondo stage(tryin to find it out in our stores). also pepped the chest piece(SD not HD), but looked at your wm chest and really thinking to start to pep the HD version(many thanks to zabana and other guys who designed those cool peps:))) thanks for inspiration!
Check out my WM :))
http://www.therpf.com/f24/war-machine-helmet-125332/#post1849911

Sweet build. This is making my wife want to try to do our own build. Thank you. I am excited to see more and a final paint. :)

Cheers,
Robert

thanks for bringing up the thread :D

i actually got some work done too :)

i got everything fibreglassed, except 2 forearms, 1 bicep, and 1 shin (also hands and fingers, but im not sure about fibreglassing those). Just cant continue due to having no resin left...
i also have my cpt america shield build and my batman bust that i work on atm, also some other smaller props, so everything proceeds, but slowly. I think my Cpt. America shield will be the first to be finished, as its the easiest to fill and sand, and will be good practice, and after that, i will do the WM helmet.
problem is the temperature outside, as i dont have a shop to work in, and if its too cold, theres no work to be done.

but by all means, i can only tell you to start, alltho if i would restart this build i would build certain parts out of foam mats, because its ligher and easier to build. but it doesnt matter, as its getting closer to finish, and it will be awesome :)

thanks for your support, i will be watching if you do start your build :)

Excellent work man. Keep it up!

I did an Iron Man helmet last year and it ended up being a lot of work pepping out the patterns. It was the first time I tried pepakura, so my inexperience at the time probably added in some delays. Lots of hot glue burns.

Let's see some more pics of the fiberglassed pieces!

its sadly too cold outside, so i cant continue till spring, except maybe bondoing the helmet :)
doing a couple of other things, if youre curious, see my dragonball thread, i just updated today :)

but on this build, i have everything fibreglassed except forearms, boots and half of the calves :)

so its close to going into bondoing stage all over

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back